• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relegation with Hull and Watford were in freefall under him.I think when you hire a lower end of the table manager, then don't be surprised if you do find yourself residing in the 11th to 12th place zone of nowhereness and mediocrity.At any of the other big clubs in this league this wouldn't be tolerated.The aim was to compete for a top six place, and Silva has fallen well short of the mark on that front.
Something in the mentality and set up of his sides means they can't close out games and can't come back when they are down. It's not a good sign. Regardless of who you bring in player wise this summer, this is a pattern with Silva.

Genuinely believe our players are mentally weak and have inflated opinions of themselves. We actually need someone with more experience and who knows how to set up a team to be hard to beat as well as good to watch on the break. Does such a coach exist?! I can't believe Brands will think this is good enough.

Came into a mess here; has us playing with attacking intent again; we're midtable; and he did that whilst being denied a striker in two windows....that's why it's rightly so.
We played some good stuff today and were on the front foot for about 60 minutes until Marco made that calamitous sub which possibly cost us the win. Mina was clearly rusty. People are hurting more because we lost the game from a winning position.

Still, the positives are outweighing the negatives for me. It's not as if he's lost the dressing room and it is evident that the players are buying into what he wants to do. The link play between the forwards was very good and we are defending better than we have been for a while; in particular we have stopped conceding from set pieces.

He needs somehow to get the side more resilient and mentally tough. Do that and he will keep his job, fail to do it and more likely than not he will lose it.

Either way he should have the rest of this season and the beginning of next to find out whether he can or not.

Came into a mess here; has us playing with attacking intent again; we're midtable; and he did that whilst being denied a striker in two windows....that's why it's rightly so.

He won less games and points than BFS with a better squad. That’s tell you something. His win rate is in low 30s. Martinez had been given time it does not mean he is going to turn around. You has a rubbish win rate in your CV that won’t change.

Last edited:

This will be fixed in the summer with some key player acquisitions. There's no arguing with the fact Silva has been left short handed with this lot.

He's developing a decent core of young players, but he needs more help off the DoF.
cant wait for the day he is sacked (which is coming) and what you have to say about it.

then when Silva ends up managing Barnsley into 15th place in the championship I will laugh out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.