• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I said. But if you don't think luck, or whatever statistical term you want to use doesn't impact the table results...I just don't know what to tell you. Hell, referering can have a massive impact on your points total.

Well I hate to tell you this but we aren't the only team who have bad ref decisions, injuries, daft goals disallowed.pens against etc etc, 38 games is not a fluke. There is no discussion here. If you genuinely believe that, what is the point of discussing, it doesn't make any sense in any shape or form, you simply can't 'luck' your way through a season.

Well I hate to tell you this but we aren't the only team who have bad ref decisions, injuries, daft goals disallowed.pens against etc etc, 38 games is not a fluke. There is no discussion here. If you genuinely believe that, what is the point of discussing, it doesn't make any sense in any shape or form, you simply can't 'luck' your way through a season.
Again, not what I said. But if you seriously think over the long run that creating / giving up chances the way we did last year would result in us consistently finishing 8th, I can assure you are mistaken.

HIS signings?

0_JS160054443.jpg
Dare we hope that Marco and Marcel are working in harmony over transfers?

Again, not what I said. But if you seriously think over the long run that creating / giving up chances the way we did last year would result in us consistently finishing 8th, I can assure you are mistaken.

You are a passionate poster and generally stick to your guns but I'm sorry you are wrong and dare i say a bit naive if you believe that we fluked 38 games to finish a mighty 8th. Other teams have to suffer the exact same stuff we do over the course of a season. I would expect a 3 year old to understand this about a sport over the course of a season.

I'm not mistaken mate, we played 38 games and garnered enough points to finish 8th, it's not our fault the rest of them are just as inconsistently bad if not worse than us, but hey ho, you carry on with this weird train of thought. That's me done on the subject, I feel it's nonsense and the majority of people understand you finish where you finish on merit.

You are a passionate poster and generally stick to your guns but I'm sorry you are wrong and dare i say a bit naive if you believe that we fluked 38 games to finish a mighty 8th. Other teams have to suffer the exact same stuff we do over the course of a season. I would expect a 3 year old to understand this about a sport over the course of a season.

I'm not mistaken mate, we played 38 games and garnered enough points to finish 8th, it's not our fault the rest of them are just as inconsistently bad if not worse than us, but hey ho, you carry on with this weird train of thought. That's me done on the subject, I feel it's nonsense and the majority of people understand you finish where you finish on merit.

It's not weird at all. Luck impacts every sport. I'm not trying to discredit the merits of the table, I'm simply saying that fortune played a role in finishing 8th. It's crazy to not suggest that it does. There's a reason why there are analytic firms and why each club has an analytics group.

Hell, just basic goal differential speaks to fortune.

ESPN even sponsors a study to measure the points flux in the PL due to officiating. Think the method is a bit flawed, but they thought officiating alone benefitted Man U 8 points last year.

I will ask this basic question, then. How do you evaluate whether or not Silva's team has done a good job defensively?

It's not weird at all. Luck impacts every sport. I'm not trying to discredit the merits of the table, I'm simply saying that fortune played a role in finishing 8th. It's crazy to not suggest that it does. There's a reason why there are analytic firms and why each club has an analytics group.

Hell, just basic goal differential speaks to fortune.

ESPN even sponsors a study to measure the points flux in the PL due to officiating. Think the method is a bit flawed, but they thought officiating alone benefitted Man U 8 points last year.

I will ask this basic question, then. How do you evaluate whether or not Silva's team has done a good job defensively?

Maybe watch the game instead of reading stat tables. It's not crazy to suggest fortune plays a role in sport, not denying that, what is crazy though, and this is the clincher...what is crazy is thinking we are the only team to be effected by fortune good or bad.

Sorry, I've started being sarcastic now because it's a bit of a strange naive thought process.

I know you won't change your stance, so let's agree to disagree on the fact that you cannot fluke a 38 game season.

Maybe watch the game instead of reading stat tables. It's not crazy to suggest fortune plays a role in sport, not denying that, what is crazy though, and this is the clincher...what is crazy is thinking we are the only team to be effected by fortune good or bad.

Sorry, I've started being sarcastic now because it's a bit of a strange naive thought process.

I know you won't change your stance, so let's agree to disagree on the fact that you cannot fluke a 38 game season.
Again, for the 3rd time, I never said that. I said finishing 8th when you are one of the worst teams at both creating and preventing chances is indeed a fluke.

And for the record, I watch a TON of soccer. Enjoy it to the fullest.

I still ask the question, how do you rate our defensive performance compared to last year?

Again, for the 3rd time, I never said that. I said finishing 8th when you are one of the worst teams at both creating and preventing chances is indeed a fluke.

And for the record, I watch a TON of soccer. Enjoy it to the fullest.

I still ask the question, how do you rate our defensive performance compared to last year?

Again, and this is the last on it, it doesn't matter(apart from aesthetically) if you create one chance and score one chance or you create 20 chances and score one chance. It doesn't matter if you face 1000 shots and concede 1 goal or 1 shot and concede 1 goal. It's what them goals and clean sheets mean points wise that matters and over 38 games for every team, luck tends to even out.

We all would would have thought with our being bottom for chances etc last season that we would have been in trouble but you are just ignoring the form of 13 other teams and arguing that it's only us that luck has a bearing on. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

The defence has been a lot better apart from set pieces,what has that got to do with your point about fluking a 38 game season. YOU CAN'T FLUKE 38 GAMES, jesus.

Again, and this is the last on it, it doesn't matter(apart from aesthetically) if you create one chance and score one chance or you create 20 chances and score one chance. It doesn't matter if you face 1000 shots and concede 1 goal or 1 shot and concede 1 goal. It's what them goals and clean sheets mean points wise that matters and over 38 games for every team, luck tends to even out.

We all would would have thought with our being bottom for chances etc last season that we would have been in trouble but you are just ignoring the form of 13 other teams and arguing that it's only us that luck has a bearing on. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

The defence has been a lot better apart from set pieces,what has that got to do with your point about fluking a 38 game season. YOU CAN'T FLUKE 38 GAMES, jesus.
Uh, so do goals or points matter? Because you just completely contradicted yourself. Because if the table was based on goal differential, we would've been in 11th.

Uh, so do goals or points matter? Because you just completely contradicted yourself. Because if the table was based on goal differential, we would've been in 11th.

You have frazzled my brain, how have i contradicted myself. You pointed out how bad we were at shots faced and chances created etc to come to the conclusion that 8th was a fluke based on those stats.

I pointed out that it is points garnered over the course of a season, not how many stupid stats you can try and conjure up, that get you your finish points.

I merely said you can't fluke a 38 game season, you can't.

The table isn't based on goal difference mate, ffs, stop with the stats and use your eyes and brain to make your own conclusions but try to take into account threre are 19 other teams in the league who have the same refs and decisions as we do.

This is like arguing with someone whose never played football before...

You have frazzled my brain, how have i contradicted myself. You pointed out how bad we were at shots faced and chances created etc to come to the conclusion that 8th was a fluke based on those stats.

I pointed out that it is points garnered over the course of a season, not how many stupid stats you can try and conjure up, that get you your finish points.

I merely said you can't fluke a 38 game season, you can't.

The table isn't based on goal difference mate, ffs, stop with the stats and use your eyes and brain to make your own conclusions but try to take into account threre are 19 other teams in the league who have the same refs and decisions as we do.

This is like arguing with someone whose never played football before...
Or like someone that's never done math...

...I mean, I WATCHED every game last year and I thought we were TERRIBLE. I'm simply pointing out various measure of how bad we were compared to other teams.

And look, can we stop decrying stats while continuing to be adamant that points are the ultimate, uh, well, er stat? Talk about contradictory.

Or like someone that's never done math...

...I mean, I WATCHED every game last year and I thought we were TERRIBLE. I'm simply pointing out various measure of how bad we were compared to other teams.

And look, can we stop decrying stats while continuing to be adamant that points are the ultimate, uh, well, er stat? Talk about contradictory.

So the conclusion is you don't win football games on a piece of paper, all 20 teams will at some point have good or bad luck. If after 38 games you are ahead of 12 teams, you probably deserve to be.

I'm glad i could help Statto. You are the worst example of someone who uses stats to try and defend a ridiculous statement that holds no weight in the real world.

carry on doing maths though Albert Einstein i'm sure it'll get you far in football.

I won't be replying again. I said before you are stubborn and would stick to your guns so we are going round in circles. Goodbye on this particular point. I'm sure you have some spreadsheets you could be doing instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.