• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some people seem to think that the appointment or sacking of a manager changes on a constant basis depending on the most recent result.
It is almost as if Brands/Moshiri/Kenwright were to decide that a particular result would be grounds for dismissal.

I think the reality is that any decision is made in a different way.
Youth development at every club is becoming ever more important and does the manager buy into this as it has the potential to save the club hundreds of millions.
How are the players the manager has signed performing ?... has he invested wisely and been able to get the best out of these players?
Is the coaching of a high standard ? is there a good atmosphere at training ?
Does he have the full support of his players even when results are disappointing ?
In Everton's case, has the manager been able to manage the bloated squad of players by keeping the players he wants, moving on the players he doesn't want and giving youth a chance?

Most importantly, do we still believe in him as we did when we committed huge amounts of money on his appointment ?
Is it really becoming more important? Seems from what I’ve read, the big boys are now hovering up all the young talent (both home and abroad mind you) by offering them juicy perks like private schooling and the promises of great riches. Even Man Utd were struggling to get young players as Man City has leapt ahead of them. The fact is, the game seems fundamentally broken from top to bottom due to the vast sums now swilling around, and even if we do get a decent youth set up, the chances of it producing on a regular basis is quite slim due to the bigger teams stealing all the best talent.

Beating Cardiff is neither here nor there. They won't be in the league this season and that team was a championship team last season man for man so hardly winning against anyone worth remembering.

What I will say is that bringing in Schneiderlin and jagielka shows that he is trying to change things to improve. That is all we can ask from him this season now, improve and change and maybe there is a ground to build on next season

I'll be happy with the team showing some intent from the kick off. Richarlison is a big lad and if Silva can use his managerial skills to finally get him to stop throwing himself on the ground at virtually every challenge and start bullying the likes of Van Dijk and Alexander Arnold we might just get a result.
It’s ingrained- why would he stop the habit of a lifetime? It’s not like the Portuguese are renowned for their sportsmanship on the field!

Beating Cardiff is neither here nor there. They won't be in the league this season and that team was a championship team last season man for man so hardly winning against anyone worth remembering.

What I will say is that bringing in Schneiderlin and jagielka shows that he is trying to change things to improve. That is all we can ask from him this season now, improve and change and maybe there is a ground to build on next season
Even if Marco does have a plan to improve the team, it’s not like he can go out and scout players he fancies now.

I’d argue the cup exits negate the 2 point gap.

Not that last season was better. Just the two performances I’m really not over yet.

Saints innit.

Did I miss us winning the cups last season???

It doesnt matter if you get beat by Shrewsbury or Tranmere or even Chelsea at Wembley, if you dont win them, you cant use the cups.

We have a long, long list of cup exits, I dont let them bother me, its what we do, get dumped out of cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.