• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the conclusion is you don't win football games on a piece of paper, all 20 teams will at some point have good or bad luck. If after 38 games you are ahead of 12 teams, you probably deserve to be.

I'm glad i could help Statto. You are the worst example of someone who uses stats to try and defend a ridiculous statement that holds no weight in the real world.

carry on doing maths though Albert Einstein i'm sure it'll get you far in football.

I won't be replying again. I said before you are stubborn and would stick to your guns so we are going round in circles. Goodbye on this particular point. I'm sure you have some spreadsheets you could be doing instead.
I must say this post exceed my expectations, especially the math will get you nowhere in football. Nice work.

I must say this post exceed my expectations, especially the math will get you nowhere in football. Nice work.

Maths are dependant on field 'moments' silly boy. Without being physically present on the field, ain't no maths to be done. Making yourself look a bit daft now statto.

we decided i was right and you were a bit naive and daft. Good luck with your calculator though, maybe it can tell you where we will finish as well.

Just don't forget the other 19 teams, I'm sure you can find some expected goals or expected assists that can help us climb the league. Kin 'ell like talking to a 3 year old who has never seen a game of football in their life.

I genuinely think that's really harsh/based on a pre-conceived idea which you won't allow to be changed.

Since getting thrashed by Spurs we've conceded 11 goals in our last 10 league games, that really isn't a bad record at all. For context it's better than Arsenal (14), Chelsea (16) and even the all singing all dancing Nuno's wonderboys from Wolves (14). It's the same amount as Spurs themselves, and only 1 more than City. Our record over the course of the season has been fairly consistent in that regard too, with only the period immediately preceding and including that Spurs game - where we conceded 11 in 3 games - ruining what would otherwise be a pretty excellent defensive record. We've had problems from set pieces yes, but overall our defence really hasn't been that bad.

When you get into the realms of talking about what might have happened if a player wasn't where he was supposed to be, and another player had fouled someone when they didn't in order to make a point, I think it's reasonable to say that you may not be looking at things very objectively.
Won't argue that I have an agenda,never wanted him here in the first place.And your stats are correct,but the bare facts are in his win percentage as a Premiership manager the good ones find ways to win points,he struggles.And no matter how we compare v Spurs,City etc.When we concede first,we lose.Hence we are virtually into March facing a run of very difficult games still mathematically requiring points.I just don't see that as good enough when you consider the players he brought in and how much was spent in the Summer

Some people seem to think that the appointment or sacking of a manager changes on a constant basis depending on the most recent result.
It is almost as if Brands/Moshiri/Kenwright were to decide that a particular result would be grounds for dismissal.

I think the reality is that any decision is made in a different way.
Youth development at every club is becoming ever more important and does the manager buy into this as it has the potential to save the club hundreds of millions.
How are the players the manager has signed performing ?... has he invested wisely and been able to get the best out of these players?
Is the coaching of a high standard ? is there a good atmosphere at training ?
Does he have the full support of his players even when results are disappointing ?
In Everton's case, has the manager been able to manage the bloated squad of players by keeping the players he wants, moving on the players he doesn't want and giving youth a chance?

Most importantly, do we still believe in him as we did when we committed huge amounts of money on his appointment ?

Won't argue that I have an agenda,never wanted him here in the first place.And your stats are correct,but the bare facts are in his win percentage as a Premiership manager the good ones find ways to win points,he struggles.And no matter how we compare v Spurs,City etc.When we concede first,we lose.Hence we are virtually into March facing a run of very difficult games still mathematically requiring points.I just don't see that as good enough when you consider the players he brought in and how much was spent in the Summer
And that's all fair enough. I just think it's a lot better to be open about it like that, rather than saying it's because he can't organise a defence, when the evidence doesn't support that.

I've said before, my opinion is that we don't win when we go behind because we don't score enough, not because we don't have the right mentality. Similarly we don't lose often when going ahead because we don't concede that many either.

One result doesn't a-manager-make. However, if the Cardiff game is a turning point and we genuinely see progress then he needs another season to prove himself. However, if we resort to type then, see you later aligator.

And that's all fair enough. I just think it's a lot better to be open about it like that, rather than saying it's because he can't organise a defence, when the evidence doesn't support that.

I've said before, my opinion is that we don't win when we go behind because we don't score enough, not because we don't have the right mentality. Similarly we don't lose often when going ahead because we don't concede that many either.
Sad thing is we have gone from creating chances (Away at Arsenal and Man U) and still losing,to not creating much at all,I take on board your opinions on the defense,but the conceding of goals from set pieces has resulted in us missing out in a season were the draw gave us the best chance in progressing in the FA Cup that we've had in some time.Could be I read too much into the new Moshiri dynasty and although I never expected to be challenging the big boys overnight,I didn't expect us to be scrapping for points at this stage of the season.Maybe I'm still suffering from Post Wimbledon stress disorder.

I think most people expect the team to bottle it as usual Sunday but it sure would be nice if the manager can get a plan and get the players to actually execute it.
I'll be happy with the team showing some intent from the kick off. Richarlison is a big lad and if Silva can use his managerial skills to finally get him to stop throwing himself on the ground at virtually every challenge and start bullying the likes of Van Dijk and Alexander Arnold we might just get a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.