• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m worried this chancer is going to play the exact same lineup from Tuesday “‘cause it won 3-nil” and Liverpool is going to push our s*** in.

That 11 was far too slow and plodding. A smart man would play the quicker, more energetic players. Kenny, Davies and Lookman should all start. Walcott, SchneiderFraud and Coleman to the bench. And pray to god that Mina is back for Old Man Jags.

Not sure about this, 2 center backs, neither as good as Keane, in fact Siggy, Gueye, Keane are 3 of our best players, Lucas has been a great buy though
giphy.gif

Took a gamble with the line up and after a start where Jags almost gifted them a goal, that's about as comfortable a game I've seen us play this season, which given Cardiff are usually up for a fight was quite surprising.

The RS scored another 5 again, let's hope we take some confidence from that win, talking of confidence, they shown they could knock it around when the pressure was off, we have mentally weak players who are scared of the big boys.

Transitional season or not, the minimum requirement after last season and adding 6 players was 7th, I'm still holding him to that, I still feel given how poor the League is from 6th down, 7th was a must. He is not on target. Yet.

Transitional season or not, the minimum requirement after last season and adding 6 players was 7th, I'm still holding him to that, I still feel given how poor the League is from 6th down, 7th was a must. He is not on target. Yet.
Why? Finishing 8th last year was a complete fluke. That was a borderline relegation side.

Why? Finishing 8th last year was a complete fluke. That was a borderline relegation side.

Exactly, we finished 8th with a squad we all thought was dire, he's added what I consider to be 6 better players, I said 7th at the start of the season and I will hold him to it. The league is very poor from 6th down so yes I fully expected a one whole place improvement on last year, given last year was someof the worst football i have ever seen. I don't think 7th is a big ask with this squad in this league.

Exactly, we finished 8th with a squad we all thought was dire, he's added what I consider to be 6 better players, I said 7th at the start of the season and I will hold him to it. The league is very poor from 6th down so yes I fully expected a one whole place improvement on last year, given last year was someof the worst football i have ever seen. I don't think 7th is a big ask with this squad in this league.
You are missing my point. The squad didnt over achieve, they got lucky. They created amongst the fewest scoring opportunities and gave up a ton of goals- we were quite possibly the worst defensive team in the league. Had we finished in the bottom third as we should have, we'd all feel differently.

You are missing my point. The squad didnt over achieve, they got lucky. They created amongst the fewest scoring opportunities and gave up a ton of goals- we were quite possibly the worst defensive team in the league. Had we finished in the bottom third as we should have, we'd all feel differently.

You don't get lucky over 38 games mate, you finish where you deserve. I am adamant on that point, if you think 38 game flukes exist, then we may as well stop here. Sorry mate, just no.

The League being extremely poor from 6th down is the real reason.

It clearly wasn’t.

You’re saying the team that finished the 16/17 Season in 7th, fluked finishing 8th the season later?

If he doesn’t finish 7th, he has failed miserably, especially after adding 6 players to the squad at a significant cost.

Yes. Did you watch us play at all last year? We gave up more goals than any other team in the league in open play. Our offense was in the bottom 3 or 4 in chances created per game - we averaged fewer than 10 shots per game! 2nd worst in the league! Any team with that combination of defense / offense should finish worse. Think Squaka had our performance score as 16th. We were EXTREMELY lucky. We had Pickford playing extremely well and we scored on a disproportionate amount of our chances. We were TERRIBLE.

Yes. Did you watch us play at all last year? We gave up more goals than any other team in the league in open play. Our offense was in the bottom 3 or 4 in chances created per game - we averaged fewer than 10 shots per game! 2nd worst in the league! Any team with that combination of defense / offense should finish worse. Think Squaka had our performance score as 16th. We were EXTREMELY lucky. We had Pickford playing extremely well and we scored on a disproportionate amount of our chances. We were TERRIBLE.
There is no luck, you finish where you deserve to finish. How bad must the other teams have been to finish behind Everton, then?

We went to the eventual Champions and didn’t get beat, we didn’t lose a league game against a Champions League finalist and we drew with Chelsea at home.

If finishing 7th isn’t our aim for this season, what is?

You don't get lucky over 38 games mate, you finish where you deserve. I am adamant on that point, if you think 38 game flukes exist, then we may as well stop here. Sorry mate, just no.

The League being extremely poor from 6th down is the real reason.
Not what I said. But if you don't think luck, or whatever statistical term you want to use doesn't impact the table results...I just don't know what to tell you. Hell, referering can have a massive impact on your points total.

Status
Not open for further replies.