• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen Silva’s stats for defending from set pieces in the Premier League. Abysmal. He needs to make a change and drill it into the players for the remainder of the season.

The defending in general has been poor. Our display against Chelsea was excellent, so he is able to organise a defence. Just needs to start replicating it.

Tell me how;

1 -- You can teach Coleman and Keane to defend set pieces? Yesterday we man marked and they were nowhere...at corners Coleman is zonal and Keane is meant to attack the ball...theyre not following instructions...should we drop them? We had no other full back or centre back options yesterday.

Let me know what you would have done?

2-- How would you cover the gap between CB and CM with the midfield options consisting of Schneiderlin, Gomes, Davies, McCarthy and Sigurdsson? Or even the gap from CM to CF?

3 -- What insightful nouveau tactical masterplan would you implement to improve Walcott, Bernard and Lookmans strike rates ?

Im all ears...

1. Silva is the coach. It’s his duty to fix this. Fat Sam had no problem at defending setpieces last season with the same if not worse players. There is absolutely no excuse to concede through setpieces for about 16 times this season (up to this moment). And 8 months into his tenure, nothing has improved.

2. A good coach needs to make the most out of his squad not holding his arms up. You may pack it up with 3cm and not pushing your full backs high up the pitch all the time when it doesn’t work. What have you seen from him?

3. It’s Silva’s duty to get them attack effectively. That’s why he is employed. I tell you what it doesn’t work that’s why we draw Huddersfield, Watford and Newcastle, and beaten by West Ham, Leicester and Wolves at home.

After the RS match up to now, there is no going back he won’t turn it around. It’s like Martinez’s 3rd season and some people said let’s give him more time and money.

Last edited:
We will not move forward with SIlva, 1st manager to conceded 6 in the PL with 3 different teams. He has only managed 3! Thats a 100% record in that respect.

His PL record for those 3 teams reads :-

Played 67
Won 22
Win Percentage 33%
Drawn 14
Lost 31
Lose Percentage 46%
Scored 89
Goals per game 1.33
Conceded 116
Conceded per game 1.73

So many will say he managed Hull and Watford etc, well lets see how he has performed at Everton against his time with those supposedly `lesser` team with `lesser` players.

At Everton
Played 25
Won 9
Win Percentage 36%
Drawn 6
Lost 10
Lose Percentage 40%
Scored 36
Goals per game 1.44
Conceded 36
Conceded per game 1.44

Hull and Watford
Played 42
Won 13
Win Percentage 31%
Drawn 8
Lost 21
Lose Percentage 50%
Scored 53
Goals per game 1.26
Conceded 80
Conceded per game 1.90

There is something ingrained in Marco Silvas sides/Philosophy/tactics which has always conceded goals, and it all suggests we are going the same way as his previous 2 PL clubs. Our next 5 home games are against top 6 sides which will give Pickford plenty of practise of pickingthe ball out of his net. Of those previous clubs Hull went down and he lasted six months at Watford before they had enough of his rubbish and sacked him, yet more similarities.

In my opinion not good enough for Everton, I`d get a new man in now to work with this squad and find out about them all before building a list of targets instead of doing it all in the summer with just friendlies to find out about the players.

His days are numbered and I rather we worked with a coach that gets the most out of the players at his disposal instead of trying to add player after player to make a team and get results. We didn`t even look like a team against Wolves, looked like individuals!

And for those reasons, SILVA OUT!

For footballers it is their place of work. Everybody forms an opinion of their boss. Imagine going back to work every Monday morning and repeating defensive drills In training that don’t work during a match. Your opinion would soon be that this guy is a bit daft for persevering with it and probably talk about it with your colleagues.
A clean sheet is really the unexpected and we are now going to have to score 2 or 3 to get anything out of a game. He cannot change it and therefore like Bobby clown shoes needs to go. The workforce is laughing at him !!!!

After watching Niasse yesterday, whilst I don't think he's the second coming, he seemed the one much more suited to how Marco wants to play,he made a right nuisance of himself, put himself about was mobile, strong. So I also think he's dropped a bollock letting the more suitable of our dross forwards leave on loan.

Niasse coming on yesterday for the second half would have immediately got the crowd up and possibly even some of the players. Right away there would be someone running at Wolves and occupying defenders. He played well, and intelligently for Cardiff...whether this was the experienced voice of Warnock telling him how to play, or mostly his natural instinct I don't know but we could have done with him yesterday.Management is about getting the best out of your players, and this usually means giving them the opportunity to play to their strengths.

A lot of our players aren’t good enough for where we want to be and so I agree with those saying it’s a tough rebuilding job, but the problem is we’ve seen flashes of the best of some of these players this year and so that makes it obvious that he’s not consistently getting the best out of them.

Just because poor coaching isn’t the only issue, it doesn’t mean it’s not an issue. As I’ve said a number of times already, he’s resorting to Koeman-esque guesswork over his best XI, subs, etc. My intuition - I don’t profess to have a good enough knowledge of the game to analyse the situation in depth - tells me things won’t improve under him, so I’m kind of resigned to the fact he’s not the man to see this project through.

Funny how Alladyce managed to teach worse players in Martina and Williams.

Funny how Watford, Wolves and Leicesters managers can coach there worse players

Funny how Moyes could coach garbage like Bent and Carsley into a top 4 side

Excuses excuses all the time for this fella. We aint signing Messi, Kante and VVD in the summer so if this is the best he is coaching this level of player we need to get rid ASAP or next season will be over by January again whilst the same excuses are peddled "BUT MOSH NEVER GOT MARCO A THROW IN COACH IN, WE NEED TO GIVE HIM ANOTHER SEASON HE'S NOT HAD ANY BACKING!!!"

Spot on. They will find more excuses in the mid of next season just like the Martinez’s lovers did in his 2nd and 3rd season.

And it looks like Silva is worse than Martinez. See what happens after 38 games.

Niasse coming on yesterday for the second half would have immediately got the crowd up and possibly even some of the players. Right away there would be someone running at Wolves and occupying defenders. He played well, and intelligently for Cardiff...whether this was the experienced voice of Warnock telling him how to play, or mostly his natural instinct I don't know but we could have done with him yesterday.Management is about getting the best out of your players, and this usually means giving them the opportunity to play to their strengths.

He wasn't exactly given a chance, maybe that was the best he'll play all year but like you say, he has that unpredictability that gets fans buzzing. I don't want this to come across all revisionist and I'm fully aware of Oumars capabilities but he just seems much more suited to Marcos 'tactics' what ever they may be.

Rather him than playing Dcl.

We have 33 points and have a horrendous home fixture list left (apart from Burnley). We also have away fixtures vs Watford, Cardiff, Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham , Palace and Spurs. Some of the away fixtures the teams are battling to stay in the premier league and will be very difficult. We could easily end up on current form around the 40 point mark which with the players we have and the money we have spent would be absolutely ridiculous.

This isn`t gonna be popular...... Silva V BFS

Silva
Played 25
Won 9
Win Percentage 36%
Drawn 6
Lost 10
Lose Percentage 40%
Scored 36
Goals per game 1.44
Conceded 36
Conceded per game 1.44
Points 33
Points per game 1.32

Sam Allardyce
Played 24
Won 9
Win Percentage 38%
Drawn 7 Inc draws against Liverpool twice, Chelsea
Lost 8
Lose Percentage 33%
Scored 27
Goals per game 1.13
Conceded 30
Conceded per game 1.25
Points 34
Points per game 1.42
It is also worth noting BFS did not have the benefit of having Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, Zouma whilst Tosun and Walcott joined after BFS.

Somehow, still don't hate him as much as that bald fraud Martinez- he started this path of mediocrity and apathy.
It started well before Martinez
soaps_corrie_bill_kenwright.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.