Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its really relative...yesterdays team for example

Pickford
Coleman Keane Zouma Baines
Gomes Davies
Walcott Sigurdsson Richarlison
Tosun
3 weak links at the back (Coleman/Keane/Baines)

No effective defensive nous in the centre

Two attacking players who hide

A centre forward that isnt good enough

I could go on about the right + centre...

If we look at the permanent signings, he's signed 3 players for the left hand side and a centre back.

In the summer if we do the same on the opposite side to replace Keane, Coleman and Walcott we will still lack a midfield and centre forward.

Its a big job.

Ive always said its going to be a long slog of a season and in 2 summers time we will begin seeing the fruits of Brands/Silvas work

8 months in and he can’t even do basic defending.

The inability to defend setpieces. The highline. The charging full backs. The gap between midfield and cb. The slow and crap build up play. Sideway pass pass pass pass pass. 4-2-3-1 not working and not being flexible. Crap subs when we went down. Failure to adjust things when we are behind. Failure to beat dross at home and we now even lose to them.

He has to go we have regressed from having Fat Sam here. It’s just after the Citch game or when we are beaten by RS or in May the latest.

Tell me how;

1 -- You can teach Coleman and Keane to defend set pieces? Yesterday we man marked and they were nowhere...at corners Coleman is zonal and Keane is meant to attack the ball...theyre not following instructions...should we drop them? We had no other full back or centre back options yesterday.

Let me know what you would have done?

2-- How would you cover the gap between CB and CM with the midfield options consisting of Schneiderlin, Gomes, Davies, McCarthy and Sigurdsson? Or even the gap from CM to CF?

3 -- What insightful nouveau tactical masterplan would you implement to improve Walcott, Bernard and Lookmans strike rates ?

Im all ears...

I think its really relative...yesterdays team for example

Pickford
Coleman Keane Zouma Baines
Gomes Davies
Walcott Sigurdsson Richarlison
Tosun
3 weak links at the back (Coleman/Keane/Baines)

No effective defensive nous in the centre

Two attacking players who hide

A centre forward that isnt good enough

I could go on about the right + centre...

If we look at the permanent signings, he's signed 3 players for the left hand side and a centre back.

In the summer if we do the same on the opposite side to replace Keane, Coleman and Walcott we will still lack a midfield and centre forward.

Its a big job.

Ive always said its going to be a long slog of a season and in 2 summers time we will begin seeing the fruits of Brands/Silvas work
I would love you to be correct just cannot see it myself.

Tell me how;

1 -- You can teach Coleman and Keane to defend set pieces? Yesterday we man marked and they were nowhere...at corners Coleman is zonal and Keane is meant to attack the ball...theyre not following instructions...should we drop them? We had no other full back or centre back options yesterday.

Let me know what you would have done?

2-- How would you cover the gap between CB and CM with the midfield options consisting of Schneiderlin, Gomes, Davies, McCarthy and Sigurdsson? Or even the gap from CM to CF?

3 -- What insightful nouveau tactical masterplan would you implement to improve Walcott, Bernard and Lookmans strike rates ?

Im all ears...

Funny how Alladyce managed to teach worse players in Martina and Williams.

Funny how Watford, Wolves and Leicesters managers can coach there worse players

Funny how Moyes could coach garbage like Bent and Carsley into a top 4 side

Excuses excuses all the time for this fella. We aint signing Messi, Kante and VVD in the summer so if this is the best he is coaching this level of player we need to get rid ASAP or next season will be over by January again whilst the same excuses are peddled "BUT MOSH NEVER GOT MARCO A THROW IN COACH IN, WE NEED TO GIVE HIM ANOTHER SEASON HE'S NOT HAD ANY BACKING!!!"

I dunno if I can support him anymore, we keep conceding the same goals again and again, it isn't changing, he has previous for it and still hasn't changed it. He can't seem to motivate the players to fight during this terrible run and the run is getting 100x more difficult.

I'm definitely on the edge. I have been supportive but do you know what, I owe him bugger all, step up or sod off Silva, enough of your crappy tactics please.

I really, really wanted Silva to be the coach we have been waiting for. Im getting fed up of changing manager and style every year. However, I just cant see any positives in sticking with him. His defending set pieces is consistently poor among his managerial career. When we are behind, his tactic is to throw on every striker on. Not sure whats going to magically change in the summer...

I really, really wanted Silva to be the coach we have been waiting for. Im getting fed up of changing manager and style every year. However, I just cant see any positives in sticking with him. His defending set pieces is consistently poor among his managerial career. When we are behind, his tactic is to throw on every striker on. Not sure whats going to magically change in the summer...

And summer is half a season away plenty of time for more woes.

After watching Niasse yesterday, whilst I don't think he's the second coming, he seemed the one much more suited to how Marco wants to play,he made a right nuisance of himself, put himself about was mobile, strong. So I also think he's dropped a bollock letting the more suitable of our dross forwards leave on loan.

It's honestly not even about Silva anymore for me. Yeah he's defiantly not helping with his nonsense tactics but we've got a deeper problem. Nobody who's involved at any major level seems to care even the slightest bit about the club, I'd go so far as to say some of our players actually dislike the club and hold it in contempt for being such a laughably soft touch. There's only a couple of players who even try most weeks and half of them aren't doing it because they care about the club. If we're talking about players who actually care about Everton football club then we're down to Baines, Coleman and maybe a few of the lads from the academy (And I even question that at times). The rest don't care and it shows. The rest of them know that all they have to do is scrape enough points to stay up in this horrendous league and the good times can continue without any repercussions for them. Easy money with next to zero expectations, only professional pride can make you work harder under those conditions and the vast majority of our side have none. The manager is the same, I doubt he cares about Everton and would crap on us in a heartbeat just like he did Watford. Just like Koeman didn't care about either us or Southampton. It'll be fascinating years from now when the players start retiring and some of them inevitably spill the beans on what it's like at the club. I doubt it'll be fun reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.