• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say we have everything to lose.

If Richarlison loses faith like Rom, Ross and Stones did with our beloved 11th placed finishes and does one would you think the same?

Or if Gomes decides that its not worth staying here at the seasons end if we are sat in the bottom half and not qualified for europe?

Or if targets sack us off for sides above us like Payet, Shaqiri did to West Ham and Stoke when Bobby Brown Shoes had us phenomenally in 11th place?

I would say those hoping to break the top 6 in the coming seasons wake up and realise that its going to put us back even further persisting with a bloke who's ultimately failing at his job.

And if the next manager isnt top at Xmas do we sack them?

We have spent more stupidly.

But let's be honest, we outplayed Wolves at their place and beat Leicster at their place. West Ham beat us at Goodison, but we probably outplayed the there as well. Watford was more even, but regardless, maybe we aren't much better than they are, but they arent much better than us.

Wolves have had a couple windows to build their team. They aren't great, but they pass the ball well and make very good decisions with it. I don't think they quite have our high end players, but Brands / Silva have inhereted a VERY bad squad.

Finishing 8th last year was more than fortunate, really. We were like 19th in shot attempts and 16th in shots on goal. We were REALLY bad last year regardless of record.

But last season we had Martina, Williams and Baines at the back

This year we have Digne, Mina and Zouma

Last season we had Klaassan and Rooney in midfield

This year we have Gomes and Bernard

Last season Tosun

This season Richarlison

We have upgraded in most positions on the pitch yet are worse off.

Thats down to the manager mate!

And if the next manager isnt top at Xmas do we sack them?

If Brands is tasked with appointing a proven manager then to answer your question no providing we see small signs of improvement and the manager has a CV proving he is capable of succeeding in tough leagues.

We are seeing nothing at present, we are worse than last season despite having better players.

I do too. The club is now entirely a vehicle for a massive regeneration project (and the profits associated with it). People have got the lob on for the Docks but Everton is Goodison and its surrounding area, profitable or not - we move away from this (and forget the legacy projects, it's not the same as a matchday atmosphere) and you fundamentally abandon your basic principles. People can say 'yer but we left Anfield' - it's round the corner and was a century ago. Sure, you can dress it up like Arsenal do, perhaps put some statues outside of former players, but Arsenal aren't about anything any more, in the same way neither are West Ham and ultimately, neither will be franchise Everton.

And paradoxically, this is why I wouldn't sack Silva even if we get to a boring 45-50 point finale. I'd rather see several years of an individual trying to achieve something rather than just rolling the dice again to stick in that 35%-45% band of brothers.

Completely agree on Silva and the need to get away from chop and change. If the plan is to try out a young progressive manager then it needs time.

Interested in the mention of identity, principles and meaning I'd be more worried about the number of scouse lads, or even lads from Merseyside and it's surrounding areas, that we had taking to the field in the last derby and in numerous games this season. Look at the percentage of scousers in the academy or U23 sides - it's on the slide all the time as the net gets cast further in the name of being the best.

The new stadium may be a step away from the clubs heritage but it's the latest in many and certainly nowhere near being the first away from it. That ship has long since sailed....and will be docking at Bramley Moore next if all goes to plan.

My point is this, why on earth did the club pursue him behind the scenes from when big Sam was in charge they knew the fans wouldn’t want past summer with him. Why silva? There were better options ... a man who had two honeymoon periods with hull and Watford and then what? Did what in a Greek league that wouldn’t cope with the championship. That’s my case. Mediocre. Emery was free, Eddie Howe would have been a better option the money he’s got at Bournemouth and does well, Hull or Watford under silva any better than Howe sides? Football played? For me no. That’s my opinion. Clubs accepted mediocre managers for years.

Love the calls for Eddie Howe over Silva. Seen enough of Bournemouth live to know he’s a much worse fit for EFC. And he’s had years to get his own structure in place there, so he’s working at his absolute max. Did you like the Burnley version of Howe? Maybe compare them to Silva’s Watford.

Also find it odd that after seeing 20 plus games of Silva at EFC your argument rests on the Greek league being a low standard. I think Silva has weaknesses as I’ve posted elsewhere. But you just seem to have an entrenched view about the club and it’s appointments, so it’s difficult to take seriously.

Completely agree on Silva and the need to get away from chop and change. If the plan is to try out a young progressive manager then it needs time.

Interested in the mention of identity, principles and meaning I'd be more worried about the number of scouse lads, or even lads from Merseyside and it's surrounding areas, that we had taking to the field in the last derby and in numerous games this season. Look at the percentage of scousers in the academy or U23 sides - it's on the slide all the time as the net gets cast further in the name of being the best.

The new stadium may be a step away from the clubs heritage but it's the latest in many and certainly nowhere near being the first away from it. That ship has long since sailed....and will be docking at Bramley Moore next if all goes to plan.

Best derby performance in years as well.

I’m not sure what all the moaning is about, in terms of the manager.

We’re two points off being in 7th behind United.

Of course you can always aspire to better but we do not have the players to beat the top 6 and we’re there or thereabouts to be finishing as the best of the rest.

We don’t even have a proper PL quality striker.

It’s disingenous to say we should be much higher than we are with the squad we have.

This is do disagree with a bit. Think we should be around where United are given the squad we have and United’s travails. But the reason I’m not as concerned is because I think the performances over the 20 games have warranted it. Not saying we’ve been unlucky, it’s usually been our fault that we haven’t got the points, but I think it’s been due to small lapses in concentration and such like. Not structural issues with our play. I.e. we’re on the right track.

Just some of the comments on Emery, sounds familiar.

Im annoyed with Silva but he does need time. He needs to show he's usinv these games/errors and performances (or lack of) to improve, not rinse and repeat.

Really just a **** Juande Ramos

28 goals conceded at 20 games is our worst record in PL history

Getting a bit worried now

Agree. Doesn't strike me as someone who's going to mould us into a top team. We've been playing like an upper midtable club this season, like Southampton circa 2015.

I really wish we would have gone for Tuchel

I don't like how Emery put this defence.Know that we have some crap players,but he just depends of individual quality of defender and not really to organize something.What is the points to score against Liverpool and than to be offensive ?

Didn't expect much today, especially with such poor defensive options, but I am a little worried that Emery doesn't look more defensively astute. I know it's hard with almost our entire back line injured, but I was hoping he'd show a little more in that regard. He's had several weeks now to try to sort it out. Instead, today we looked again like the defensive mess that we saw so commonly in Wenger's last years.
Could not agree more. Arsenal have completely lost their identity. Highbury was Arsenal, Upton Park was West Ham etc.

Hate how these soulless, homogenous bowls are ripping out the unique identity of clubs. I’ve previously put it like this. (Let’s pretend Highbury still existed). Blindfold someone, transport them to the centre spot at Highbury (remove the signage around the stadium so they can’t be told where they are), remove blindfold, they will know exactly where they are. Do the same to the Emirates, they wouldn’t know. And even if you were a more learned fan you still wouldn’t be sure as Benfica is a replica of the place so you’d be guessing.

In fairness to Spurs they have at least tried to make the stadium look unique (does look fantastic with the one big stand), so they maybe an exception (time will tell), but all these other bowl stadiums are a blight on the game.

Yes exactly and not just that with Spurs - they have very shrewdly built it on almost the exact same site as White Harte Lane. Fans will feel like they are going "home" again, albeit to a vastly improved stadium.

We will go to a nice bowl on the front, too far from the original surrounding area where the club truly manifest itself as one of the world's biggest. Franchise Everton.

Havent we spent more than Wolves, Watford and Leicester who are all above us in the table?

Add in Zouma and Gomes values and we would have spent more than West Ham aswell who'll likely be above us come tomorrow aswell.

All those sides have also beaten atleast one of the top 6 this season some of them more than one.

I just dont get how its not universally accepted on here that the bloke has bombed - Its actually astonishing how he's been given such a low bar to achieve.

A few have said we haven't got the players to beat the top 6, and I was just about to mention what you say in bold. Leicester have beaten Chelsea and Man City.

The really surprising one is Wolves, they have played the top 6 teams 7 times up to now (Spurs twice) and they have beaten Spurs, Chelsea, and drew with Man City, Arsenal and Man U. They only teams to have beaten them are Spurs and the RS.

The other teams to have beaten one of the top 6 are, Watford, Southampton, Crystal Palace, West Ham and Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.