• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is we’re not shaky, we’re somewhere between being rubbish and average.

Please stop comparing Silva with his 31% wins to Klopp and Pochetino.
Where has anyone compared anybody to anybody? We are just saying that they were given time and they also had better starting blocks.

Are we progressing? No. Therefore we are going backwards. Every team wants to push the top 6 and many of them are much closer than we are in terms of performances and results.

We won't be able to hold onto our best players for long, and if the season keeps going like this then not only will they likely want out anyway - but the loser mentality will further engrain into their minds.

I've always said the minute Koeman was sacked it would take 2 seasons to fix his mess.

Still stick by that

You seriously have anger problems fella.

Oh and he obviously is considering he plays a back 3 and 2 holding midfielders against Brighton...

I can name a few names far more worthy of the clown tag than Silva

Barnes at Celtic, Neville at Valencia, De Boer at Palace, Adams at Portsmouth, Ince everywhere bar MK Dons, Kean at Blackburn

I get that the selection has been restricted due to us having the worst luck regarding fixtures over the last couple weeks, but some things are mess.

- 3 at the back should only be played when Gueye is unavailable. With Gueye and 3 CBs we had 6 or 7 players camped at the back at all times with no midfield presence and only long balls could get up to our forwards.

- Sigurdsson needs to be higher up. The job he's done well for us this season has been basically a midfield striker, not a deep-lying play maker.

- Can we seriously work on finishing? Every player in every position can't shoot. Coleman had a nearly open goal and took a five generations to ready himself to shoot. Their keeper made bad mistakes and not punishing them costs us.

- Passing has been wayward since the beginning. We give up possession too cheaply.

See what worries me, is I think Moshiri has the ambition of 8th to 12th is fine. Don't get relegated, don't get into Europe or we will have to spend money to bolster the squad to cover the extra games. Just be steady while we think about the ground.

I do too. The club is now entirely a vehicle for a massive regeneration project (and the profits associated with it). People have got the lob on for the Docks but Everton is Goodison and its surrounding area, profitable or not - we move away from this (and forget the legacy projects, it's not the same as a matchday atmosphere) and you fundamentally abandon your basic principles. People can say 'yer but we left Anfield' - it's round the corner and was a century ago. Sure, you can dress it up like Arsenal do, perhaps put some statues outside of former players, but Arsenal aren't about anything any more, in the same way neither are West Ham and ultimately, neither will be franchise Everton.

And paradoxically, this is why I wouldn't sack Silva even if we get to a boring 45-50 point finale. I'd rather see several years of an individual trying to achieve something rather than just rolling the dice again to stick in that 35%-45% band of brothers.

There are no consequences for poor performance, due to the severe lack of depth.

That said, its the lethargy with which we seem to get stuck in for many games, that we can't seem to shake off, and has been bedeviling the club since 2014.

We only react when we go a goal behind, and then its too late.

In the absence of enough quality to see us have an off day and still win, I demand 110% physical effort and aggression, I demand that anyway, but we don't get it near often enough. Alone, that would be worth more points, the possible difference between 11th and 7th.

Silva, to date, hasn't shown he is yet able to address that problem. It is a huge worry.

I know it doesn't make a difference that he isn't more demonstrative on the sideline, but with the crop of players we have and have had, I would be more re-assured with a Conte type manager constantly shouting at and haranguing the players.

I'm not saying get rid of Silva, but it is so bloody frustrating this. The club has to be dragged kicking and screaming from the torpor we are in.
Shouting at players and constantly gesticulating seems more important in the TV age.

The greater issue with Silva is he has never been a long term success anywhere, yet we have tasked him with building our squad and team ethos.
I do too. The club is now entirely a vehicle for a massive regeneration project (and the profits associated with it). People have got the lob on for the Docks but Everton is Goodison and its surrounding area, profitable or not - we move away from this (and forget the legacy projects, it's not the same as a matchday atmosphere) and you fundamentally abandon your basic principles. People can say 'yer but we left Anfield' - it's round the corner and was a century ago. Sure, you can dress it up like Arsenal do, perhaps put some statues outside of former players, but Arsenal aren't about anything any more, in the same way neither are West Ham and ultimately, neither will be franchise Everton.

And paradoxically, this is why I wouldn't sack Silva even if we get to a boring 45-50 point finale. I'd rather see several years of an individual trying to achieve something rather than just rolling the dice again to stick in that 35%-45% band of brothers.
In many ways they are trying to do too many things at once - new manager, new structure, new players, new stadium. Incremental change is always more effective.

I can name a few names far more worthy of the clown tag than Silva

Barnes at Celtic, Neville at Valencia, De Boer at Palace, Adams at Portsmouth, Ince everywhere bar MK Dons, Kean at Blackburn

Ince today said the Brighton goal was poor defending by gomes, this is why he's a failure as a manager.

I personally wanted Mancini when Bobby was canned

For me he is an average manager who has a very inflated profile. He was decent at the start of his career, then hit the jackpot when his rivals while at Inter were removed leaving them free to dominate. He then spent a fortune at City and was within a couple of mins of losing the league to a very poor Man Unteam. He was binned later and has been pretty bad since.

This stuff ain't easy, but having Moshiri a non football man making appointments just made it worse. I don't know of a coach in the profile you look for that we could get and don't have major caveats.

I think we are tied to the model of trying to grab the next big thing. The promising progressive manager looking for the step up.

As I've mentioned a few times you would assume Brands would have major input into that side of things going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.