• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we dont need a striker though...and if we do need one, then we have to wait until the summer....because it's against the rules for Everton to get a player in January....and the season we're now in is a bit of a kick-a-round at the back of the shops and doesn't really count as a season.

Something like that anyway. The clever people said.

I think that's fine. January gets you Jelavic and Tosun. 3 months of being something different until they get found out

What's the point in that and overspending? Just to finish 7th or 8th? Think we can do that without a striker.

But we do need one. I'd rather be patient for one

I think that's fine. January gets you Jelavic and Tosun. 3 months of being something different until they get found out

What's the point in that and overspending? Just to finish 7th or 8th? Think we can do that without a striker.

Jelavic was pretty good for the money.

How is that inevitable? It's regurgitated nonsense from people who love to give the club a free pass.

Marco Silva expressed his belief that, despite not playing well at Brighton today, his Everton side did enough to win the game rather than losing.

“It wasn't the best performance, for sure,” Silva said. “It was a tough match, like we expected. It's always tough to play Brighton here. They keep doing well at home, they take most of the points that they have at home."

“We didn't start the game like we want or how we planned it. They started it in a better way, faster and more aggressive than us as well. Then we started to balance the game a bit more and finished the first half playing more in our way and creating some moments to finalise the action."

“When they created moments, it was just off set-pieces, nothing more."

“When you analyse the match, even if we didn't perform really well, we still had the best chances to score. This is the truth — we had one ball off the crossbar, one off the post and in one moment from a corner, one deflection of our player gave Locadia the chance to score."

Silva was asked if his team's inconsistency is frustrating and he admitted that his side was not on a good run of form but still maintained that Everton were unfortunate not to win today.

“Of course it's something you don't want,” the Portuguese replied. “We had a very good run [at one stage] and stability in our performances and in our results as well. Now we are in a different moment and we have to react."

“The result wasn't fair — we created more chances even if we didn't perform well but that's football but now we have to prepare and do everything to beat our next [opponents].”

Apparently we dont need a striker though...and if we do need one, then we have to wait until the summer....because it's against the rules for Everton to get a player in January....and the season we're now in is a bit of a kick-a-round at the back of the shops and doesn't really count as a season.

Something like that anyway. The clever people said.

Go for it, name one that you think is available. I haven't heard a single name that would be cost prohibitive to buy. And wasn't that why we have Brands to begin with? To get us to NOT spend irresponsibly?

I've heard Lozano's name, but I've not heard of a CF that's attainable that's better than what we've got. Augustin at RBL might be available, but I'm not sure he's better than Richarlison.

We've got a massive hole at RB, smaller issues at RW and CM, in addition to the CF issue. It's going to take more than 2 windows to fix it. So I personally don't care what we fix first, but RB seems to be the bigger issue.

If we had players that wouldn't just give the ball up all over the place - CF is one of them - we'd have many more chances and a lot less counter goals conceded.

Marco Silva expressed his belief that, despite not playing well at Brighton today, his Everton side did enough to win the game rather than losing.

“It wasn't the best performance, for sure,” Silva said. “It was a tough match, like we expected. It's always tough to play Brighton here. They keep doing well at home, they take most of the points that they have at home."

“We didn't start the game like we want or how we planned it. They started it in a better way, faster and more aggressive than us as well. Then we started to balance the game a bit more and finished the first half playing more in our way and creating some moments to finalise the action."

“When they created moments, it was just off set-pieces, nothing more."

“When you analyse the match, even if we didn't perform really well, we still had the best chances to score. This is the truth — we had one ball off the crossbar, one off the post and in one moment from a corner, one deflection of our player gave Locadia the chance to score."

Silva was asked if his team's inconsistency is frustrating and he admitted that his side was not on a good run of form but still maintained that Everton were unfortunate not to win today.

“Of course it's something you don't want,” the Portuguese replied. “We had a very good run [at one stage] and stability in our performances and in our results as well. Now we are in a different moment and we have to react."

“The result wasn't fair — we created more chances even if we didn't perform well but that's football but now we have to prepare and do everything to beat our next [opponents].”

He's right. We hit the woodwork twice. We had several chances. They had one that Pick saved. The corner was a complete fluke. By no means were we dominating today, but we were the better side no question.

Go for it, name one that you think is available. I haven't heard a single name that would be cost prohibitive to buy. And wasn't that why we have Brands to begin with? To get us to NOT spend irresponsibly?

I've heard Lozano's name, but I've not heard of a CF that's attainable that's better than what we've got. Augustin at RBL might be available, but I'm not sure he's better than Richarlison.

We've got a massive hole at RB, smaller issues at RW and CM, in addition to the CF issue. It's going to take more than 2 windows to fix it. So I personally don't care what we fix first, but RB seems to be the bigger issue.

If we had players that wouldn't just give the ball up all over the place - CF is one of them - we'd have many more chances and a lot less counter goals conceded.
There's always an excuse.

We have a DoF. His sole task is to line up players for two transfer windows, in and out...and he incredibly makes a statement saying that one of the two transfer windows that come around every season is not one he likes to act in.

Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.