• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva spent a fortune ?

No where near what Koeman & Walsh did.

What we spent in the summer Liverpool spend on a goalie or a centr half.
Manu spend that regularly on one player.

Until we can spend like the top clubs , we have to build albeit slowly.

Klopp struggled early days as did Pep as did Pochetino so it will take time .
So lets drop the get rid of the manager lark , even the guy you seem to trust (Brands)said we "need to be patient there is no easy fix"

Havent we spent more than Wolves, Watford and Leicester who are all above us in the table?

Add in Zouma and Gomes values and we would have spent more than West Ham aswell who'll likely be above us come tomorrow aswell.

All those sides have also beaten atleast one of the top 6 this season some of them more than one.

I just dont get how its not universally accepted on here that the bloke has bombed - Its actually astonishing how he's been given such a low bar to achieve.

I'm not sure how much more we can expect from Silva, honestly. I don't think he was great today tactically, but just looking at the side, there are just too many players in it that make poor decisions with the ball, have almost zero vision beyond what's right in front of them, and can't make a pass beyond about 10 feet. Bernard normally can, but he was garbage today. Even Richarlison isn't the best decision maker with the ball. But Walcott, Coleman, my heavens. Mina has ability, but tries to do too much. Gomes usually makes decent decisions with the ball, but there was little movement today and we don't have a CF that can accept the balls that he plays in.

Honestly, as much as I think a CF would be lovely, I can't help but think RB / RW or even CM would be more helpful.

Havent we spent more than Wolves, Watford and Leicester who are all above us in the table?

Add in Zouma and Gomes values and we would have spent more than West Ham aswell who'll likely be above us come tomorrow aswell.

All those sides have also beaten atleast one of the top 6 this season some of them more than one.

I just dont get how its not universally accepted on here that the bloke has bombed - Its actually astonishing how he's been given such a low bar to achieve.

Nobody doesnt think hes bombing, hes doing a really bad job, just that some are willing to give him time.

How so? Spurs have won more in the PL era and consistently performed similar to us in the league until 05-06. Then Levy shuck things up and they started recruiting and performing at a level way above us because he could see a gap.

Not sure that’s right. In 07 they finished 2 points ahead of us. In 08 they finished 11th with 46 points, 19 behind us. In 09 they were 12 points behind us. I’d say 2010 was the point from which have they been consistently above us. We of course finished above them in 13-14 too. The appointment of Poch has taken them to another level, along with the ripening of world class talent that they’ve managed to keep for now (despite the wage bill).

But the point remains: getting a good structure and identity in place (which is what we have done this season) is the most important thing. It will just take time to see the results on the pitch. It might be under Marco for us, it might be someone else. But to say it’s all futile and we can’t compete for a cup because it might stop us coming 7th is wrong.

Frustrating since November 24th he’s won 2 games for this club. People accept mediocrity too much. Emery would have been a better fit, this fella will struggle against Leicester and finish 9th-10th didn’t we all jump on fat arse over this?

There isn’t one blue willing to argue that they preferred life under Allardyce to life under Silva! So why insinuate it? If you honestly think it, make the case!

Nobody doesnt think hes bombing, hes doing a really bad job, just that some are willing to give him time.

But on what basis?

Fair enough if he has previously won a La Liga title or two or a few trophies in Italy and Germany, heck even gotten to a Champions League final or track record of building a quality side.

But he's done nothing other than win a greek title in a garbage greek league, done an okay job in an average Portuguese league and has ultimately failed in both jobs in England so far.

Im all for giving a manager time but only on the basis of them having something on their CV to make you believe they can turn things around.

Low bar ?

There is no bar , I want to see us regularly top 4 but it wont happen overnight.
We cleared 15 ? crap players and brought in 4 plus 2 loans , that is in one window.
He has got to have 2/3 or even 4 windows.
There is no getting away from a total switch off by our defenders today and we absulutely need a striker.
When these are addressed it either works or he gets the elbow.
Unless we are threatened with relegation he wont be going anywhere as he will be given time to build something.
Need to stop this " want it & want it right now culture"

The Prems best ever manager took 4/5 years to win something .

But on what basis?

Fair enough if he has previously won a La Liga title or two or a few trophies in Italy and Germany, heck even gotten to a Champions League final or track record of building a quality side.

But he's done nothing other than win a greek title in a garbage greek league, done an okay job in an average Portuguese league and has ultimately failed in both jobs in England so far.

Im all for giving a manager time but only on the basis of them having something on their CV to make you believe they can turn things around.

On the basis that hes here now and we have nothing to lose by giving him time to turn it round.

There isn’t one blue willing to argue that they preferred life under Allardyce to life under Silva! So why insinuate it? If you honestly think it, make the case!

My point is this, why on earth did the club pursue him behind the scenes from when big Sam was in charge they knew the fans wouldn’t want past summer with him. Why silva? There were better options ... a man who had two honeymoon periods with hull and Watford and then what? Did what in a Greek league that wouldn’t cope with the championship. That’s my case. Mediocre. Emery was free, Eddie Howe would have been a better option the money he’s got at Bournemouth and does well, Hull or Watford under silva any better than Howe sides? Football played? For me no. That’s my opinion. Clubs accepted mediocre managers for years.

I’m not sure what all the moaning is about, in terms of the manager.

We’re two points off being in 7th behind United.

Of course you can always aspire to better but we do not have the players to beat the top 6 and we’re there or thereabouts to be finishing as the best of the rest.

We don’t even have a proper PL quality striker.

It’s disingenous to say we should be much higher than we are with the squad we have.

My point is this, why on earth did the club pursue him behind the scenes from when big Sam was in charge they knew the fans wouldn’t want past summer with him. Why silva? There were better options ... a man who had two honeymoon periods with hull and Watford and then what? Did what in a Greek league that wouldn’t cope with the championship. That’s my case. Mediocre. Emery was free, Eddie Howe would have been a better option the money he’s got at Bournemouth and does well, Hull or Watford under silva any better than Howe sides? Football played? For me no. That’s my opinion. Clubs accepted mediocre managers for years.

Which manager would have this squad ahead of the top 5 ?

And Liverpool sold their best player and other fringe players, we’ve pissed money up the wall in recent years 2-3 years we’ve spent over 100 million on Bolaise, Tosun, Klassen, Morgan, Walcott and Niasse, staggering really.
Which manager would have this squad ahead of the top 5 ?

Emery, Pellegrini, Mancini ... all won honours in last 5 years. Know how to shape sides.

On the basis that hes here now and we have nothing to lose by giving him time to turn it round.

I would say we have everything to lose.

If Richarlison loses faith like Rom, Ross and Stones did with our beloved 11th placed finishes and does one would you think the same?

Or if Gomes decides that its not worth staying here at the seasons end if we are sat in the bottom half and not qualified for europe?

Or if targets sack us off for sides above us like Payet, Shaqiri did to West Ham and Stoke when Bobby Brown Shoes had us phenomenally in 11th place?

I would say those hoping to break the top 6 in the coming seasons wake up and realise that its going to put us back even further persisting with a bloke who's ultimately failing at his job.

We have spent more stupidly.

But let's be honest, we outplayed Wolves at their place and beat Leicster at their place. West Ham beat us at Goodison, but we probably outplayed the there as well. Watford was more even, but regardless, maybe we aren't much better than they are, but they arent much better than us.

Wolves have had a couple windows to build their team. They aren't great, but they pass the ball well and make very good decisions with it. I don't think they quite have our high end players, but Brands / Silva have inhereted a VERY bad squad.

Finishing 8th last year was more than fortunate, really. We were like 19th in shot attempts and 16th in shots on goal. We were REALLY bad last year regardless of record.

Status
Not open for further replies.