• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be easier said than done. Players like Capt Jags , Bainsey and, yes, Seamus have a not insignificant patron behind them...Blue Bill.
Silva will be our the door quicker than you can say “Jack Robinson” if Capt Jags’ or Bainesy’s or Seamus’ guaranteed starting spot is ever threatened. Same with Big Dunc’s position as assistant coach.
Those four have jobs at Everton for as long as they want them ...and carpetbaggers like Silva had best quickly learn his place in the family club’s pecking order

NSNO

Must say not happy with your post in some of the detail. For me Silva is not a carpetbagger but I believe is genuine and wants to make a good go of Everton. Now as for the "old guard" yes could be awkward getting rid meaning those oldies Jags and Baines but happen it will not be long and it will bye, bye Blue Bill. So count him in as part of the old guard. Time will tell.

You must admit though we should call time on Jags ans Baines.

Must say not happy with your post in some of the detail. For me Silva is not a carpetbagger but I believe is genuine and wants to make a good go of Everton. Now as for the "old guard" yes could be awkward getting rid meaning those oldies Jags and Baines but happen it will not be long and it will bye, bye Blue Bill. So count him in as part of the old guard. Time will tell.

You must admit though we should call time on Jags ans Baines.

Being a carpetbagger is fine, it means he was successful and even at BigClubFC they usually leave after a few years. Just stay 2-3 years and leave us in a better situtation. That's all I ask for.

My concern with Silva was always whether he could get a defence functioning properly, or if he’d be a Martinez Season 3 type of manager.

We saw from the Watford game last year that his teams are susceptible to throwing away a lead.

But he’s come into a team which couldn’t defend, and fully expect him to integrate Digne, Mina and Zouma over the next month or so. Will judge him on his ability to get the new defensive signings playing properly.
To date his stats in the Premier League are nothing to write home about. We are effectively clinging onto the belief that he can bring his earlier managerial stats to the Premiership. I remain sceptical but hope to god he manages to pull it off.

ive just done some quick maths

we are 8th at the moment with 2 home games against teams we beat last season

we beat huddersfield 2-0 at home last season and we beat west ham 4-0 with the one and only ashley williams scoring

that's pretty impressive given how dire we were last season but still 6 goals 2 clean sheets happy days

if we can do something similar again we will have 11 points with a goal difference of around +4, +5 or + 6

looking at the fixtures list, leicester have 2 tough games, bournemouth have 2 tough games, watford have 2 very tough games and liverpool have 2 very tough games

imo if we win both games, we could easily be in the top 4

i can see city winning both their games and chelsea winning both their games

liverpool have the toughest games and either spurs or liverpool will have to drop points as they play each other

things could be looking good after gameweek 5

we beat huddersfield 2-0 at home last season and we beat west ham 4-0 with the one and only ashley williams scoring

that's pretty impressive given how dire we were last season but still 6 goals 2 clean sheets happy days

if we can do something similar again we will have 11 points with a goal difference of around +4, +5 or + 6

looking at the fixtures list, leicester have 2 tough games, bournemouth have 2 tough games, watford have 2 very tough games and liverpool have 2 very tough games

liverpool have the toughest games and either spurs or liverpool will have to drop points as they play each other

Liverpool will sweep aside a Vardy-less Leicester with ease.

Sorry spud but this is utterly horrific in every single way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.