• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree mate. Players need to be thrown in.

I think Silva is going to be a good manager but he's hesitated slaying sacred cows just like his predecessors.

It's his job at the end of the day. The players he entrusts with starting places especially will make or break him.

Absolutely Dave, the sooner the new signiings are fully fit and playing the better. Then get rid of the old guard once and for all.

I understand that mate, which is why - in an ideal world - you have players who are match-ready and versatile.

It's probably why Dowell was on the bench yesterday (regardless of the Lookman going or staying situation).

Dowell has at least had a full preseason of games and training, so he's fit. He can cover the midfield or, if really needed, the wings. So let's say that Davies or Richarlison had got injured early on, he could have come on and covered.

Had it been in the last 20/30, then we could have lobbed Bernard on.

I get what you and Dave are saying, but it's really not as simple as that anymore, what with the management of fitness etc. It's all about margins and judging how players can operate at their best and for how long.

I'd imagine we'll see Bernard start on Wednesday, and have at least an hour.

I’m probably being impatient with Bernard Toff, I’m just really looking forward to seeing him play!

There's no focus/concentration in that defence when the going gets tough. That's the issue. Yes, some of these players might play ok for the bulk of the game, but when the screw is turned they buckle.

THIS DEFENCE HAS NO CHARACTER.
Central Defence hasn’t had a leader for a long, long time. I’m hoping that Mina is that man, if so the defence will improve when he starts playing.

This is spot on, and said by someone who obvioulsy (like me) wishes Silva well.

The reality is that this club's support is volatile...they have been sionce Moshiri stepped in here promising the land of milk and honey. Silva needs to realise (and quick) that certain players at this club are shiftless gets who'll throw him under the bus and feed off fan discontent. He needs to be completely ruthless. Get shut of almost the entire defence at the first opportunity and have done with this. The Gordian knot needs to be sliced right through.

Spot on Dave.

My concern with Silva was always whether he could get a defence functioning properly, or if he’d be a Martinez Season 3 type of manager.

We saw from the Watford game last year that his teams are susceptible to throwing away a lead.

But he’s come into a team which couldn’t defend, and fully expect him to integrate Digne, Mina and Zouma over the next month or so. Will judge him on his ability to get the new defensive signings playing properly.

There's no focus/concentration in that defence when the going gets tough. That's the issue. Yes, some of these players might play ok for the bulk of the game, but when the screw is turned they buckle.

THIS DEFENCE HAS NO CHARACTER.

Can I clarify that Dave? What defence.

I think it's quite clear they will at least half way up mate. Huddersfield, Fulham, Cardiff, West Ham, Burnley, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Brighton are all significantly worse than them, and thats just off the top of my head.
We’re three games in and them two teams struggled against 10 men at their home grounds. Both of them will be in the bottom half. Also, Crystal Palace are miles better than the two of them, fwiw.

We've conceded 5 goals so far. 4 from set plays ( 1 pen 1 free kick and 2 corners) it's shocking. Mina and zouma will massively help us defending set plays like but it's same old Everton atm ( defensively wise )
Not sure you can count the penalty as an example of poor defending of set plays, but I agree with the rest. Mina and Zouma should help, but it's organisation as well as personnel that is needed.

He's given them rope to hang themselves...which theyve done.

No disharmony in the squad now when theyre dropped
Hopefully that's the plan, because with every available opportunity they have had they've underlined how disatrous they are for this club.

For those on about needing a leader in defence, Zouma was initially signed by chelsea as terrys replacement...ive been told.

We’re three games in and them two teams struggled against 10 men at their home grounds. Both of them will be in the bottom half. Also, Crystal Palace are miles better than the two of them, fwiw.

They've struggled because we've made them struggle. Palace are not miles better than anyone mate. Look a very ordinary side to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.