• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow down the tempo. Wasting some time, rowing around on the floor for ages...two goals up with 20-30 mins to go just introduce Zouma and Digne...would have given him his first away win sigh.
Silva keeps faith in trash. I like his style as a coach but that continual kid glove treatment of utter snide rubbish like Baines and Jagielka is unforgiveable to me.

This season is just about finding a balance.

4 years of poor recruitment and a lack of identity has seen us just Plato as a club.

If by Christmas we have found a system and team capable of balancing attack with defence then we can hopefully build towards a crack at the top 4 in the coming season.

This year is about patience, which is hard in such a cutthroat industry.

lol

Zouma hardly played a minute of preseason. Bernard made his first appearance today since March. Digne had an injury last week.

If you're going to be critical, at least talk sense.
He trains: he's in the reckoning to play.

Let him get up to speed on the park. Could he be any worse than any member of that defence we have?

Let him get up to speed on the park. Could he be any worse than any member of that defence we have?

That's not how it works, though.

There's a big difference between training and playing.

Holgate and Keane have done well in the first few games. Both did pretty well today n'all. Now Keane, unfortunately, has a bad injury by the looks of it, so Zouma will have to play. I'm sure he will be ready by the time Wednesday comes.

Bernard - again, there was no need to be starting ahead of any of the other forward players. He may well start on Wednesday now.

Digne had an injury and Baines has played well in the opening games. He will be usurped as first choice soon enough.

That's utter nonsense David. Back in training does not mean you're ready to play. Otherwise players would come back from serious injuries like leg breaks after a weeks training, and pre season would be only a week long.

A disappointing result, but at least we didn't lose.Bournemouths place, is turning into bit of a bogey ground for us.Still though it's hard to draw conclusions from anything, at the end of August.

I've been impressed that in two supposedly tricky away games, we've gone down to 10 in the first half and lost neither.

Clearly there's a degree of mental strength and no lack of confidence in the side under Silva. I liked that we also didn't miss the chance to demonstrate quite clearly that we're a better side than all 3 opponents on the day.

If he can avoid the mistakes Martinez made in stubbornly refusing to address defensive issues e.g. set piece vulnerability, he could be an enormous success here. If not, he'll go the same way as the Catalan. It's up to you, Marco.

I've been impressed that in two supposedly tricky away games, we've gone down to 10 in the first half and lost neither.

Clearly there's a degree of mental strength and no lack of confidence in the side under Silva. I liked that we also didn't miss the chance to demonstrate quite clearly that we're a better side than all 3 opponents on the day.

If he can avoid the mistakes Martinez made in stubbornly refusing to address defensive issues e.g. set piece vulnerability, he could be an enormous success here. If not, he'll go the same way as the Catalan. It's up to you, Marco.

True, it could be much worse. But we are left thinking "what if we didn't go down to 10" or "what if we didn't gift them goals on a platter".

When said player fails after being thrown in while not up to speed, davek rides in questioning why our signings were so late and calling into question the competence of management.

Bravo - well thought out plan.

True, it could be much worse. But we are left thinking "what if we didn't go down to 10" or "what if we didn't gift them goals on a platter".

Football almost always ends up levelling these things out before too long.

There'll probably be a game or three we'll win by pure spawn this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.