• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True this, everyone hates having Sam as there clubs manager, not just Evertonians, but he only goes places because they land themselves in a mess, like a troubleshooter. Its the mess that needs Sams help you dont want to be in, if you need to stay up call him, not if you want top 6, however if you want top 6 you dont go to Silva either.
The teams Sam kept up would of dropped under Silva, in fact I think last season if things would of turned out different and we had poached him from Watford we might of been playing Sheffield United yesterday.

It is very hard to escape that conclusion.

I thought at the time we dodged a bullet when Watford dug their heels in......but we subsequently walked back into the line of fire.

I think not moving heaven and earth to spend money this Jan is the right plan.
Jury is out on Silva. With that I mind, let's not let him spend money on players when he might not be here beyond end of season. He needs to show his mettle and get the best he possibly can out of this group of players and earn the right to get some funds in the summer.
I'd say a 7th and a cup run to the semis from here is enough to keep his job. Anything less then brands can go and get someone he really wants.

I wasn't massively enthused when we appointed Silva (in fact I was probably more bemused by the weird obsessive chase for him throughout last season) but I was definitely willing to give him a chance.

In my mind, I had visions of a mini-Poch. Somebody with fresh ideas, willing to mix things up, entertain us and adjust team selections to fit opposition teams. I was understanding that the change would take time, even a few seasons to fully kick in, and was fine with that - as long as the team/performances progressively improved with a clear gameplan as to how the team would now play under his tutelage.

I think most of us would say that 'his' signings have been a success. Certainly Digne and probably Zouma have impressed, and Richarlison, Gomes and Bernard all have looked decent to good in patches.

So what's the problem?

The Everton I fell in love with originally is gone. I understand that - the 80's were a lifetime ago and football was essentially a different sport to what it is now. The last time I felt any real strong affinity and pride with Everton was probably under David Moyes. His best team was packed with players I actually LIKED - you felt that they cared about playing for the club. The whole 'knife to a gunfight' analogy is fair enough - and I wouldn't be daft enough to say that Moyes was perfect. But, it did feel like we had SOMETHING at the time - A strength in a group, and a manager that emboldened the fanbase by allowing us to punch above our financial weight consistently.

We have all of the money in the world - but I'd bloody kill for a Tim Cahill or a Mikel Arteta or a Yakubu or a Joleon Lescott.

nice post that...we were proud of the excellent bargains Moyes found for us, we had an identity if you like. This carried over during Martinez's first season but I've been a bit flat about us ever since Leicester won the bloody Prem and I couldn't get excited about it as Everton killed my enthusiasm for football during that season.

Only Unsworth's crazy 10 games and briefly when Wayne slotted that pen at Anfield has my appetite for all things Everton returned.

Might be just me, like.

He did huge damage because of the style of play, the absolute bile he spouted and his total disrespect to the fanbase (admittedly not that we do much to deserve respect, like).

He had us 'safe' by Christmas. He had five months to show he wasn't a complete dinosaur. He got paid £8m for his time here.
The damage was done pre-Sam. He was never going to fix it though

Been a disappointing season but at least let him get his own guys and clear out all the crap from previous regimes. Our squad is full of crap players on big wages that were brought in before Silva and Brands so they need time to put their own stamp on the team. Although Richarlison has been inconsistent, him and digne have been arguably two of our best this year. Zouma's had some bright moments when healthy and Gomes started out well but holiday fixtures seemed to get to him ( i know the latter two are loans)

Status
Not open for further replies.