• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco, pick one of Tosun or DCL and just stick with them for a few games please.
I think this would be a good idea, Tosun has been crap but without a run how is he going to be anything else, give him some league games, its not like we are going down and have much to play for in it, and we cant do any worse

It won't be easy, but of all the clubs that want to get into the top six I think we are best placed - we have the best youth setup, decent finances (for once), a squad which is playing way below its potential and hopefully a new ground sooner rather than later. If Silva turns this around and comes up with a way of playing that our players actually believe in I think we could be in business.
Great to see a bit of optimism on this site for a change. There's no reason we shouldn't be up for a top 6 place with the squad we have (plus a proven striker).Get a plan and stick to it.

Incredible. Isn't it obvious? He's gotten tapped up again. It's why he was was terrible at Watford.

Are we still behind the idea we made him bad at Watford. I hope so. Cause the idea we hired a undecorated prem manager based on a run of semi-decent form for a quarter of a season is pathetic.

Come to think gambling that it was us that made him bad is just as pathetic. Very ego driven decision.

Incredible. Isn't it obvious? He's gotten tapped up again. It's why he was was terrible at Watford.

Are we still behind the idea we made him bad at Watford. I hope so. Cause the idea we hired a undecorated prem manager based on a run of semi-decent form for a quarter of a season is pathetic.

Benfica turned is head.

In my dreams.

It won't be easy, but of all the clubs that want to get into the top six I think we are best placed - we have the best youth setup, decent finances (for once), a squad which is playing way below its potential and hopefully a new ground sooner rather than later. If Silva turns this around and comes up with a way of playing that our players actually believe in I think we could be in business.

I believe also but some do not want to give a manager time anymore. We could be on the verge of a break through or we could have another false dawn. At least (only applies to people who like to compare previous managers) we feel we could go forward whereas IMO Allardyce is not a progressor only a surviver and Moyes (even by his own admission) kept Everton in a stabilised position and didn't attempt to win at any big clubs.........he never had faith in his own team.

It's difficult to explain how bad we've been since that pickford error in the Derby. Tactically perfect that day and our best 11 matched the reds all over the pitch.

I just worry watching us now especially away from home. Our tactics and the way we set up doesn't change, home or away, vs big side, vs weaker side. It's alarming.

I can see how a manager would want to stick with his best side. That's all well and good when it's a winning side that looks untouchable. But when the same side turns up week in week out and performs no better than the last you start to have serious doubts.

Surely away from home we need to sit off more and have lots of pace upfront and in wide areas, but possibly with a striker on the pitch. More counter style.

At home non of this 4-2-3-1 or false 9...
4-4-2 please. We need to start creating more chances on goal.

It's starting to feel like we have someone as stubborn as Koeman in charge.

I wouldn't object to the 3 CB's away from home and against the better clubs at home

How is it?

Dave, if I give you £20 because you need to buy food, and you go and spend it down the pub instead, that doesn't change the fact that I gave you £20.

Now, in this analogy, I think it's fair to say it'd be more like me giving you £20 for the food you need, but instead of telling you to go to the shop, we both make a decision to go and spend it at the pub, which ultimately leads to me spending another £20. Etc etc.

The decision making has been poor. I won't dispute that.

What isn't disputable is that the money has been put in, though.
No, here's the correct analogy: If you were the owner of a flat I was renting it'd be like you allowing me to spend all my own money decorating the place to a high standard while you merely go on paying the cost of running repairs for the building. All of it benefits you, as it increases the value of the accommodation, but you dont pay the whole amount.

There's a free rider principle at play here, and Moshiri has benefitted from it. He certainly hasn't sunk his cash into players he'll lose money on, he's used the club's cash on that and concentrated his own cash on piling up shares and debt-to-shares which he'll capitalise on in future.

I cannot agree with you. He did what he was asked to do which was to save this club from relegation. He bought in Walcott and Tosun that’s about it. He at least won games at home against some dross. And this does not mean I like him and want him to stay.

He did huge damage because of the style of play, the absolute bile he spouted and his total disrespect to the fanbase (admittedly not that we do much to deserve respect, like).

He had us 'safe' by Christmas. He had five months to show he wasn't a complete dinosaur. He got paid £8m for his time here.

No, here's the correct analogy: If you were the owner of a flat I was renting it'd be like you allowing me to spend all my own money decorating the place to a high standard while you merely go on paying the cost of running repairs for the building. All of it benefits you, as it increases the value of the accommodation, but you dont pay the whole amount.

There's a free rider principle at play here, and Moshiri has benefitted from it. He certainly hasn't sunk his cash into players he'll lose money on, he's used the club's cash on that and concentrated his own cash on piling up shares and debt-to-shares which he'll capitalise on in future.

He's put £250m in...

he signed tosun and Walcott. hardly massive damage compared to the 25 other signing made before him

sam is not at fault here. this time

I'm not saying the signings were damage. I like Theo and thought Cenk had something about him.

It was more everything else.

Sam had the chance and foundations to prove he wasn't a p***. He did the opposite.

I'm not blaming him for our troubles this season. It's a complete mix of all of our crap stuff for the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.