• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same vein, the current manager had 6 months to show. It does not go too well at this rate. I do not like Fat Sam but I would not say the team had much difference to Koeman’s opening 8 games.

We paid Sam because we can sense there was a danger in relegation during Koeman/Unsworth’ time. That’s you got a fireman. Nothing more nothing less.

And in the six months Silva has shown good and bad points. And he needs more than one window to try and solve the issues that have accumulated in the squad.

He needs to improve. He knows it.

its very obvious that big sam is a much better premier league manager.

he has kept a league one standard sunderland up, something marco failed at with hull.
he also got more points from a far less talented squad here.

the fact he plays such direct and awful LOOKING football means he was never going to last here.

unfortunatly it looks like Marco will be getting a 2 year free ride here as he plays such easy on the eye and attractive football which brings zero points in.

at least we are easy on the eye tho.

lol

He’s certainly very fortunate that there’s so many bad teams in the premier league.

How are we mid table when we are so very very bad?!

People say this every year.

Maybe it’s time for them to start asking questions about their own judgement of what constitutes a bad team?

its very obvious that big sam is a much better premier league manager.

he has kept a league one standard sunderland up, something marco failed at with hull.
he also got more points from a far less talented squad here.

the fact he plays such direct and awful LOOKING football means he was never going to last here.

unfortunatly it looks like Marco will be getting a 2 year free ride here as he plays such easy on the eye and attractive football which brings zero points in.

at least we are easy on the eye tho.
True this, everyone hates having Sam as there clubs manager, not just Evertonians, but he only goes places because they land themselves in a mess, like a troubleshooter. Its the mess that needs Sams help you dont want to be in, if you need to stay up call him, not if you want top 6, however if you want top 6 you dont go to Silva either.
The teams Sam kept up would of dropped under Silva, in fact I think last season if things would of turned out different and we had poached him from Watford we might of been playing Sheffield United yesterday.

True this, everyone hates having Sam as there clubs manager, not just Evertonians, but he only goes places because they land themselves in a mess, like a troubleshooter. Its the mess that needs Sams help you dont want to be in, if you need to stay up call him, not if you want top 6, however if you want top 6 you dont go to Silva either.
The teams Sam kept up would of dropped under Silva, in fact I think last season if things would of turned out different and we had poached him from Watford we might of been playing Sheffield United yesterday.
i am just thankful Watford said no.

we would be in a whole load of crap if silva had joined us last December. we would 100% be in the championship .

our managerial choices are always so obvious and uninspired, mostly it's flavour-of-the-month types that any normal Joe could pick out:

- Mike Walker (all the rage for half a season with Norwich)
- Walter Smith (wins titles in Scotland = hovering above relegation zone in the Prem)
- Moyes (Championship Manager...did as well as could possibly be expected)
- Martinez (won the FA Cup, quick let's get him! What? He got relegated too?)
- Koeman (finished 6th & 7th with Southampton, that's as Everton as can be)
- Allardyce (ffs)
- Silva (the very definition of flavour-of-the-month)

...meanwhile, Leeds got Bielsa and are having a brilliant time!

We should look proper leftfield for our next manager, as let's be honest Silva won't be here that long.

I wasn't massively enthused when we appointed Silva (in fact I was probably more bemused by the weird obsessive chase for him throughout last season) but I was definitely willing to give him a chance.

In my mind, I had visions of a mini-Poch. Somebody with fresh ideas, willing to mix things up, entertain us and adjust team selections to fit opposition teams. I was understanding that the change would take time, even a few seasons to fully kick in, and was fine with that - as long as the team/performances progressively improved with a clear gameplan as to how the team would now play under his tutelage.

I think most of us would say that 'his' signings have been a success. Certainly Digne and probably Zouma have impressed, and Richarlison, Gomes and Bernard all have looked decent to good in patches.

So what's the problem?

The Everton I fell in love with originally is gone. I understand that - the 80's were a lifetime ago and football was essentially a different sport to what it is now. The last time I felt any real strong affinity and pride with Everton was probably under David Moyes. His best team was packed with players I actually LIKED - you felt that they cared about playing for the club. The whole 'knife to a gunfight' analogy is fair enough - and I wouldn't be daft enough to say that Moyes was perfect. But, it did feel like we had SOMETHING at the time - A strength in a group, and a manager that emboldened the fanbase by allowing us to punch above our financial weight consistently.

We have all of the money in the world - but I'd bloody kill for a Tim Cahill or a Mikel Arteta or a Yakubu or a Joleon Lescott.

I wasn't massively enthused when we appointed Silva (in fact I was probably more bemused by the weird obsessive chase for him throughout last season) but I was definitely willing to give him a chance.

In my mind, I had visions of a mini-Poch. Somebody with fresh ideas, willing to mix things up, entertain us and adjust team selections to fit opposition teams. I was understanding that the change would take time, even a few seasons to fully kick in, and was fine with that - as long as the team/performances progressively improved with a clear gameplan as to how the team would now play under his tutelage.

I think most of us would say that 'his' signings have been a success. Certainly Digne and probably Zouma have impressed, and Richarlison, Gomes and Bernard all have looked decent to good in patches.

So what's the problem?

The Everton I fell in love with originally is gone. I understand that - the 80's were a lifetime ago and football was essentially a different sport to what it is now. The last time I felt any real strong affinity and pride with Everton was probably under David Moyes. His best team was packed with players I actually LIKED - you felt that they cared about playing for the club. The whole 'knife to a gunfight' analogy is fair enough - and I wouldn't be daft enough to say that Moyes was perfect. But, it did feel like we had SOMETHING at the time - A strength in a group, and a manager that emboldened the fanbase by allowing us to punch above our financial weight consistently.

We have all of the money in the world - but I'd bloody kill for a Tim Cahill or a Mikel Arteta or a Yakubu or a Joleon Lescott.

You know what mate, I would swap any of that starting 11 on Saturday for a Tim Cahill, thinking about it, a player from that starting 11 plus cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.