• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have literally gone for the flavour of the month every time. A great way of ensuring failure.

The thing is, Silva wasn’t even flavour of the month when we eventually hired him.

He had been fired after Watford nosedived.

There seemed no overarching reason to headhunt him in October 2017....there was even less reason in the summer of ‘18.

My view is that this drift will continue and come next autumn we will be in the same sort of position we were in last autumn......looking for a new manager.

How on earth am I seeing people genuinely calling for him to be sacked after that?

Sure he's not blameless. But sacking managers won't stop our players from making individual errors and it won't suddenly make them good enough to challenge for silverware. Judge him after another 2 windows.
Made this punt to @BlueToff , but you're saying once the whistle goes he's blameless?

Just heard the stat that we are a now going to be a point worse off than this time last season. That is actually beyond a joke given everything we have spent and the start we had last season. I know we won't go down and I know I am probably over-reacting, but it just feels like different year, same old [Poor language removed]. Merry Christmas everyone and oh how I wish it was still 1987

We have played 1 game less, but if we beat Burnley it would be more points from the same amount of games.

Still horrible, but we should have been top of the league after our first 6 games. We took 6pts.

The thing is, Silva wasn’t even flavour of the month when we eventually hired him.

He had been fired after Watford nosedived.

There seemed no overarching reason to headhunt him in October 2017....there was even less reason in the summer of ‘18.

My view is that this drift will continue and come next autumn we will be in the same sort of position we were in last autumn......looking for a new manager.

I've been positive about Silva but you can't ignore what is happening right now. Big few games coming up for him. Burnley and Brighton should really fancy themselves against us.

Our players are so inferior. There is literally not one that would start for Spurs. Therein lies the problem.

You mean the same players who would all make a combined derby XI of an all Everton midfield and mostly Everton backline and goalkeeper?

The quicker people stop overhyping our players the better. The problem is we are so desperate as a fan base to be part of the “big six” that we big up a player who puts in literally a few games of good performances and start making bold claims like “they’d walk into a top 6 side”. It’s happened with Pickford. It’s happened with Gomes. Sigurdsson. Digne. Richarlison.. it goes on and on. Sigurdsson is probably the biggest offender. A few decent games and his thread on this forum is full of “SEE SEE LAST SEASON WASN’T HIS FAULT”. So an entire season’s worth of performances means nothing but a few games of note cements him as a top level player? Fantastic logic. I mean he only failed at the team who walloped us today, but he’s for sure a big six player.. SMH.

Until we actually accomplish something tangible the expectation levels need to be grounded in reality. We have a playing squad that has accomplished nothing and a manager a few months into the job who has convinced nobody. We crave being part of the elite but somehow expect us to be a part of it overnight. It’s ludicrous. We’re miles off and it’s just ridiculous that only after results like today’s do people realise it.

How on earth am I seeing people genuinely calling for him to be sacked after that?

Sure he's not blameless. But sacking managers won't stop our players from making individual errors and it won't suddenly make them good enough to challenge for silverware. Judge him after another 2 windows.

You gonna trust him with money? He’s just spent 80 million and we don’t look any better. We just about got a point against Watford, we haven’t won a game of football since the 24th November an that was scrappy against a Cardiff side who are dreadful. Not confident going to Burnley, they are in bad form but see it now scrappy game goes either way 1-0 or a point against another side who we should be beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.