• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know those managers were not realistically attainable?

Did we approach them?

Did they tell you?

If the answer is no mate then in respect your just assuming that.

If assuming those things makes you feel any better then fair enough but lets look at the facts of Kenwright/Mosh:

Appointed flavour of the month Martinez from Wigan after winning the FA Cup

Appointed flavour of the month Koeman after a decent season at Saints

Appointed flavour of the month Silva after a decent 10 games at Watford.

More than likely our ownership dont look at managers any further past their noses.

If penniless Newcastle can attract Champions League winning Benitez and West Ham can attract league title winning Pellegrini, or relegation battling Southampton attract Hussenhuttl who built a quality side at Leipzig and had them near Bunderliga Champions then do you really think a top 7 Prem side couldn't attract someone like Mancini or Nagellsman on the 10th highest managerial wage in the world and a top 6 transfer budget?

Pull the other one how do you think Chelsea and Man City attracted their managers before they became established in the elite?

Its exactly this sort of "WOAH Everton COULD NEVER ATTRACT ANYONE HALF DECENT" thinking that has held us back as a club for yonks.

Zero ambition from the ownership

Zero ambition from the fans

We get the club we deserve and wonder why our players crap it against the top 6.

I note you didn't express your opinion on appointing Rafael instead of Koeman. What is it?
As far as making assumptions well we all are on here but I believe my assumptions to be what most commentators in the football world would find credible regarding what is realistically attainable for a mid table side without City type money.
You seem to be assuming we didn't approach bigger names. I believe there were credible reports at the time that Pelligrini was interviewed but came across as too old and jaded and Moshiri has openly courted Simeone to be scoffed at by the pundits.
Chelsea and City both initially retained their managers after their takeovers. They then were able to offer big name players vast wages to attract them thereby proving their respective multi million revolutions weren't hype. Only then did they get top managers.
We had £100m summer budget headlines followed by a zero net spend that included the acquisition of players on the level of Yannic Bolasie. Hardly compelling evidence that we were going places.
A more realistic model for a club of our financial status is Spurs and that is what we're pursuing with Silva / Brands. We have to give them time.

I note you didn't express your opinion on appointing Rafael instead of Koeman. What is it?
As far as making assumptions well we all are on here but I believe my assumptions to be what most commentators in the football world would find credible regarding what is realistically attainable for a mid table side without City type money.
You seem to be assuming we didn't approach bigger names. I believe there were credible reports at the time that Pelligrini was interviewed but came across as too old and jaded and Moshiri has openly courted Simeone to be scoffed at by the pundits.
Chelsea and City both initially retained their managers after their takeovers. They then were able to offer big name players vast wages to attract them thereby proving their respective multi million revolutions weren't hype. Only then did they get top managers.
We had £100m summer budget headlines followed by a zero net spend that included the acquisition of players on the level of Yannic Bolasie. Hardly compelling evidence that we were going places.
A more realistic model for a club of our financial status is Spurs and that is what we're pursuing with Silva / Brands. We have to give them time.

Spurs sacked manager after manager. If Poch was doing what Silva is currently at us Levy would have peddled him.

Spurs sacked manager after manager. If Poch was doing what Silva is currently at us Levy would have peddled him.
You still didn't answer the Rafael question. I'm assuming therefore if Moshiri had appointed him at the time you would have been amongst the multitude loudly moaning about it and now you're criticising him for not getting one of the big boys. He can't win with that attitude.
We'd just finished 11th twice in a row. Rafael or what appeared to be an over the hill Pelligrini were the only big management names available to us.
Subsequently we've had more investment than ever before but it's not remotely near the splash Chelsea or City made. So much so that we haven't even been able to convince our better players like Lukaku to stay never mind convince a top manager to come.
As far as sacking managers quickly like Spurs well that's exactly what we have been doing, at great expense, so I think for financial and overall club stability it's incumbent upon Moshiri to give this new team of Silva / Brands time to prove themselves.

You still didn't answer the Rafael question. I'm assuming therefore if Moshiri had appointed him at the time you would have been amongst the multitude loudly moaning about it and now you're criticising him for not getting one of the big boys. He can't win with that attitude.
We'd just finished 11th twice in a row. Rafael or what appeared to be an over the hill Pelligrini were the only big management names available to us.
Subsequently we've had more investment than ever before but it's not remotely near the splash Chelsea or City made. So much so that we haven't even been able to convince our better players like Lukaku to stay never mind convince a top manager to come.
As far as sacking managers quickly like Spurs well that's exactly what we have been doing, at great expense, so I think for financial and overall club stability it's incumbent upon Moshiri to give this new team of Silva / Brands time to prove themselves.

I dont want Rafael so I honestly dont get your point mate?

Rafael is a manager above what a relegation battling side could realistically attract yet they went out and showed ambition and got him

Alot of West Hams fans would think they had no chance of Pellegrini and at best hope for a Pardew or Hughes type appointment yet the ownership got him

What right do fizzy pop league Leeds Utd have having the audacity to go and chase Biesla - surely he wouldn't go to little old leeds oh look he went.

All of the above are examples of clubs who have attracted managers above their current plight/status in the game.

We are actop 7 club who can offer huge wages and a top 6 transfer budget - so why only chase flavour of the month appointments from midtable sides doing well (saints & Watford?).

Our fans show no ambition and neither do the ownership.

I'll leave it there as you have your opinion and I have mine and none of your opinions will change mine or likewise so agree to disagree.

I see this as his biggest premier league test to date.

If we win we climb to 7th.. That is the bare minimum any of us should expect.

Lose and we are 11th... Bottom half of the table with 2 tough away games to play, which with our away win record I'm thinking 2pts would be maximum gettable

This match really is a must win.

We have the players, just need the right system

Appoint midtable managers get midtable results.

Until Everton or rather Moshiri changes his recruitment and stops appointing blokes who are doing decent jobs at midtable sides who think scraping 10th is a good season things will never improve.

No doubt I'll continue to be the forum boogeyman for having the guts to tell it how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.