• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...getting rid of Sandro and Bolasie who are both on mega-buck contracts for a decent fee would be a major achievement. No player would leave if it meant they were losing £millions.
He's hired to solve such matters.

...getting rid of Sandro and Bolasie who are both on mega-buck contracts for a decent fee would be a major achievement. No player would leave if it meant they were losing £millions.

and this is the big problem Brands faces. Brands didn't dish those contracts out....it was the mess pre-Brands and like you say the player could willingly sit out his contract on bloated wages then negotiate similar or just a bit less at a new club because of a fee transfer instead of losing millions in wages. I see it going the latter way with quite a few and no way would that be Brands fault. Heavily discounted transfers is the only way to get rid with most still under contract.

and this is the big problem Brands faces. Brands didn't dish those contracts out....it was the mess pre-Brands and like you say the player could willingly sit out his contract on bloated wages then negotiate similar or just a bit less at a new club because of a fee transfer instead of losing millions in wages. I see it going the latter way with quite a few and no way would that be Brands fault. Heavily discounted transfers is the only way to get rid with most still under contract.

....yep, difficult to get value for money on those deals, it’s just a matter of how much we lose.

People saying no to mourinho, hilarious

Let's stick with Silva and let brands bring in some young cheap players, didn't work for Moyes but hell let's try it again.

Shouldn't be too hard to bring in a decent manager, if West ham can bring in someone like Pellegrini and attract players like Felipe Anderson, yaramolenko etc. Then we should be aiming one notch above that.
What do you reckon lad
City or your lot for the league

People make too much of the Fulham loss. There are going to be many more days just like it, it happens in football. Everyone is making so much of how the pundits are not respecting us, by focusing primarily on united, but if we're honest we did the same with Fulham last week, making it more about how bad we were, rather than how good they were.

Not saying we were not bad of course, but credit to Fulham, they played very well, caught us off guard, and really rattled us. Downhill from there...
Just one of those things, and often comes down to who is most up for it on the day!

Moral of the story is managers need time, and fans need to be patient. But not just with managers, players too. As with united now, whose fans are demanding that the entire team be sold, it's never as simple as that. Those players did not get to that level without being exceptional footballers. Confidence is everything!

People make too much of the Fulham loss. There are going to be many more days just like it, it happens in football. Everyone is making so much of how the pundits are not respecting us, by focusing primarily on united, but if we're honest we did the same with Fulham last week, making it more about how bad we were, rather than how good they were.

Not saying we were not bad of course, but credit to Fulham, they played very well, caught us off guard, and really rattled us. Downhill from there...
Just one of those things, and often comes down to who is most up for it on the day!

Moral of the story is managers need time, and fans need to be patient. But not just with managers, players too. As with united now, whose fans are demanding that the entire team be sold, it's never as simple as that. Those players did not get to that level without being exceptional footballers. Confidence is everything!

Yup, well said ( Fulham rationale aside ).

The question is then, how do you build confidence?

Winning, yes. But also training ground. Im not sure about Marco still for various reasons.. but he's stuck at it and he and the club deserve the improved form.

I said a few weeks ago I was very impressed by the reaction of the players.

It could have been very easy for them to go into holiday mode and just get the flip flops on, but every single 1 of them is pulling their tripe every week.

Of course the Fulham and Newcastle games are a concern, Fulham we just never showed up and Newcastle our collapse was quite special, but they bounced back in fine fashion.

Consistency is our biggest issue, if we can sort that out then the future looks very bright.

Did the same after being humiliated by spurs, next game pull out our biggest away win in the prem?

I'm not letting the fact that they're fragile go, but at least we're showing a bit more spirit after a few years of continuous crumbling.

Think someone mentioned this on Man U match thread, but we are having success against 'better teams' Because they play more open against us, and right now we're loving this, tearing these teams apart.

Against 'poorer opposition' they are sitting back, digging in and catching us out. Even out playing us under this set up (Fulham).

We need to figure out how to play against this set up as we haven't got an answer so far. It makes us look bad as a team, but its not so much poor attitude or lack of fight, just not having a workable plan for this type of set up. Palace will be another test of this.

Once Marco solves this one, we'll be more consistent.

Think someone mentioned this on Man U match thread, but we are having success against 'better teams' Because they play more open against us, and right now we're loving this, tearing these teams apart.

Against 'poorer opposition' they are sitting back, digging in and catching us out. Even out playing us under this set up (Fulham).

We need to figure out how to play against this set up as we haven't got an answer so far. It makes us look bad as a team, but its not so much poor attitude or lack of fight, just not having a workable plan for this type of set up. Palace will be another test of this.

Once Marco solves this one, we'll be more consistent.

Nicer problem to have though.

Yup, well said ( Fulham rationale aside ).

The question is then, how do you build confidence?

Winning, yes. But also training ground. Im not sure about Marco still for various reasons.. but he's stuck at it and he and the club deserve the improved form.

Fulham rationale aside? That was the best part wasn't it?:D

How to build confidence? Hummm....

I think if I could truly answer that I'd probably make a mint in the self-help industry! But I'll have a stab nethertheless!

I think confidence is something that needs to be given. By fans, managers, teachers, parents, and everyone alike, though thats not to say it should be bestowed upon people who are basically talentless! I mean telling me I am a good musician will not make me one!

But as an example look at Salah.

He was going through a major goal drought, and crisis in confidence recently. We would have lost against them had that not been the case. But Klopp put his trust in him, knowing it was a confidence problem (as oppose to Salah simply not being good enough) and eventually it paid off.

Solskjaer right now at united, is dropping players like Lukaku when they have bad games, and then bringing them back again, as soon as he realizes that the alternative is even worse! Terrible message to send to the players, especially as he is picking players less deserving.

You can't treat players, and centre forwards especially, like this, and expect good results. Because they will always be thinking somewhere, as they go through on goal, if I miss this chance, I'm out!

If a forward goes through, and thinks it doesn't really matter (of course it always matters) if he misses or not, that the manager will still back and believe in him, I truly believe he'll be more likely to relax, and do well (IMO).

Because confidence really is something that builds up, and up, and up, to the point were the next chance you have, is not really all that significant (eveybody knows I am great, and will support me, even if I miss). It's only when you've missed the last sixteen chances, that it almost gurantees you will miss the next one!

A good manager IMO will take some of this pressure from off of a players shoulders, by demonstrating to the player that- you are the best player I have in this position, and that your position (at least for the foreseable future) is secure. Give it to get it, I guess you could say!

Same with the manager in a wider sense too though, in relation to the fans.

After all who of us, could truly work to the best of our ability, if terrified at every moment of a public, and truly ignominious dismissal?

Last edited:
He can only do it against the top sides. Not good enough.

lollol

If we want to move forward we need to beat the average one or the crap one too.

We just need more consistency. Things did look a lot better lately. Just keep this going with 3 massive games left for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.