• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True true.

I did indeed. It was a struggle for sure. A manager who I very much didn’t want in the first place doing pretty woefully, for whatever the reasons, it was was nigh on impossible to stick by him. For me.

But if we win we win. All I’m really arsed about at the end of the day.

Hence why games like Fulham, Millwall and Newcastle annoy me so much.
There'll be loads of ups and downs to come. But if Silva lands the players he wants in key positions where we need strengthening, we have every right to expect a very big assault on the top 6 next season. If we get 7th but it's a couple of points off 6th, that would represent progress.

There'll be loads of ups and downs to come. But if Silva lands the players he wants in key positions where we need strengthening, we have every right to expect a very big assault on the top 6 next season. If we get 7th but it's a couple of points off 6th, that would represent progress.

Fingers crossed. I’m certainly a lot more positive than I was.

Game like Fulham wind me up, but even then I tell myself we won’t win every game ever.

...I honestly think it’s numbers more than cash (although I accept one equates to the other). He needs to trim the squad from a housekeeping perspective more than to generate funds.

Not sure how he’s storing up problems?
He needs to make way for wages, yes. But he shouldn't be just given permmision to get shut without a fee. Some of those players retain value and he needs to realise that value. He gives me no indication he's either up to that side of the process or has any aptitide for it. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Fingers crossed. I’m certainly a lot more positive than I was.

Game like Fulham wind me up, but even then I tell myself we won’t win every game ever.
Fulham and Newcastle = lack of focus: that's more easily rectified than being streets behind Arsenal and Chelsea and United in terms of talent.

He needs to make way for wages, yes. But he shouldn't be just given permmision to get shut without a fee. Some of those players retain value and he needs to realise that value. He gives me no indication he's either up to that side of the process or has any aptitide for it. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

...ah, I see. Groundhog Day as far as our discussion on this. It’s not just a transfer fee, the buying club has to match the players salary. It’s very difficult when we have Sandro, Bolasie and Mirallas. I think it would be a major achievement even moving Sandro on a free!!

The issue here is wages Dave.

The players we have bought, that moneys gone out of the account, we aint ever getting that back, so what Brands does is deal with the money we do have to pay, on wages. He shifted a lot of players and got them "making" money for us.

I get that you need a stick to beat him with, but its honestly not Brands fault that Besic agent was a greedy rat for example or that nobody wanted to take on Sandros 100k+ a week wages. Unless you want him going round clubs with a sawn-off and forcing clubs to sign players theres not a great deal he can do.

...ah, I see. Groundhog Day as far as our discussion on this. It’s not just a transfer fee, the buying club has to match the players salary. It’s very difficult when we have Sandro, Bolasie and Mirallas. I think it would be a major achievement even moving Sandro on a free!!
I disagree. There is a lot of tat who fetch eye-raising fees each summer. The cost of players (even poor ones) is ludicrous. If Brands cant get a fee for players like those you mention having had over 12 months to get a plan of action together then he really is just a glorified head scout who knows how to spot and then negotiate a fee for an incoming player.

The issue here is wages Dave.

The players we have bought, that moneys gone out of the account, we aint ever getting that back, so what Brands does is deal with the money we do have to pay, on wages. He shifted a lot of players and got them "making" money for us.

I get that you need a stick to beat him with, but its honestly not Brands fault that Besic agent was a greedy rat for example or that nobody wanted to take on Sandros 100k+ a week wages. Unless you want him going round clubs with a sawn-off and forcing clubs to sign players theres not a great deal he can do.
Where's your evidence to suggest that? What was the wage bill before he arrived and what is it now? And wages weren't wholly shifted off the club's shoulders. Many who left would be getting part of their wages paid for by EFC.

Nothing wrong with that. We have very good attacking balance now. We really are only a quality finisher away from being top draw as an attacking force.

I meant that as a compliment to Silva, he deserves more praise for rectifying the mental and tactical shambles imposed by Koeman and Allardyce.

On the quality finisher, DCL has done well but I agree we need to sign a pacey clinical finisher this summer if we want to assault the top 6 next season.

Where's your evidence to suggest that? What was the wage bill before he arrived and what is it now? And wages weren't wholly shifted off the club's shoulders. Many who left would be getting part of their wages paid for by EFC.

Evidence?

LOL

You asking me for evidence, made my day that.

Our wage bill pre-Moshiri was 86m, our wage bill this season is 142m.

Thats all your getting.

I disagree. There is a lot of tat who fetch eye-raising fees each summer. The cost of players (even poor ones) is ludicrous. If Brands cant get a fee for players like those you mention having had over 12 months to get a plan of action together then he really is just a glorified head scout who knows how to spot and then negotiate a fee for an incoming player.

...getting rid of Sandro and Bolasie who are both on mega-buck contracts for a decent fee would be a major achievement. No player would leave if it meant they were losing £millions.

I meant that as a compliment to Silva, he deserves more praise for rectifying the mental and tactical shambles imposed by Koeman and Allardyce.

On the quality finisher, DCL has done well but I agree we need to sign a pacey clinical finisher this summer if we want to assault the top 6 next season.
I know you did mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.