• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I kind of agree that DCL isn't slotting enough, and we need someone who can take that single chance. But he has brought us more of a team approach with his style of play and some height, freeing up other players to get on the scoresheet.

And I've no idea who's a realistic target in the summer. T Cahill reckons Costa. That would be awesome! Can't see him coming to us though.
DCL has been essential to getting the team up the pitch and he is occupying both centre backs now during the game. He is perfect for whenever you are protecting a lead with 25 to go as he has the pace and physicality to provide the outlet.

You wouldn’t want to be relying on him to take a half chance though.

If this ‘slotter’ doesn’t work as hard as Calvert-Lewin , then he won’t create the chances that Sigurdsson and Richarlison have profited from. If he doesn’t work as hard defensively as DCL then we may concede more.
I’d rather stick with Calvert - Lewin and perhaps bring in an additional striker in place of Tosun on the bench.
You know what, DCL has improved that much over the season that it wouldn’t surprise me if he started to add more goals.

I have called him wrong and I hope he continues to prove me wrong.

People like you two and @ijjysmith and @LouReedwalkonthewildside and @GrandOldTeam - normally non-knee jerk reasonable posters - losing your nerve over him just barely after Christmas in his first season was a shock to the system. I couldn't believe you'd gone so early. Obviously we'd had a rocky patch with managers which made us all feel a bit fed up, but it surprised me the speed with which he was thrown under the bus.

I think he's proven you all wrong.

I don't think I ever called for Silva's head dave, and whilst I criticised him I always said that even though we were on a bad run of results/performances Silva deserved the rest of the season and the first 10 games of next season before I would fully judge him, which I thought was fair.

I think their are definite improvements this season. It was a massive job to come in this summer as we seemed to be nosediving fast. I think fat Sam got lucky with results and 49points last season really flattered our performances. Whereas this season's I think any point we have we deserved and probably deserved more( at least 6-8 extra points spring to mind)
Next season with keeping our main playing squad and adding a couple of shrewd transfers I think we can achieve 65+ points under Silva next season which I would see as good progress.

I don't think I ever called for Silva's head dave, and whilst I criticised him I always said that even though we were on a bad run of results/performances Silva deserved the rest of the season and the first 10 games of next season before I would fully judge him, which I thought was fair.
This sounds like me, but my head was starting to wobble after that bad run after the loss against Liverpool. Happily he has turned things around a lot since then. Sort out the Fulham and Newcastle type of games as well as competing with the big boys of Chelsea and Arsenal and United and currently things look very very rosy in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.