• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Klopp and others with better body language. Silva looks constrained, negative at times. I think losing the suit is a good move, but generally I don't see a robust, positive touchline influence there.

Being an over-the-top, attention seeking, cringey scarecrow may be in vogue but shoot me if I ever pine for that from the Everton manager.

That's very naive, to think a new manager can come in and a team flawlessly convert to the new regime on a consistent basis. Especially when the conversion is one from a defensive set up to a more expansive one.

The other way round yields quicker results, in the main. That's why Allardyce etc have had decent careers.

I wasn't necessarily saying he should. But the fact that it's become our "brand'' because of a handful of performances. Doesn't stack up to me.

I see Klopp and others with better body language. Silva looks constrained, negative at times. I think losing the suit is a good move, but generally I don't see a robust, positive touchline influence there.

Not really comparable but in my line of work no-one would want to work for Klopp...

Calm and measured guys yes.

Not really comparable but in my line of work no-one would want to work for Klopp...

He seems to have done a good job wherever he’s gone so he’s obviously good at motivating his players.

Couldn’t really care if our manager was over the top like klopp or quiet like silva just as long as results are delivered

He seems to have done a good job wherever he’s gone so he’s obviously good at motivating his players.

Couldn’t really care if our manager was over the top like klopp or quiet like silva just as long as results are delivered

He's an excellent manager. The touchline theatrics is just not for me though. Passion is great but he is becoming a parody now. It loses impact when he does it non-stop.

Not to mention he held a water bottle at his crotch and gripped it with all of his strength... the bad danger.

I'm glad Moshiri held his nerve after declaring publically he would do so.

Playing an effective, possession-based approach was never going to be a quick transition given the player's he inherited. Some of those players have been playing 3 different types of football over the last 12 months.

We should be excited for the summer and next season. 2 or 3 quality additions and i've no doubt we'll be applying pressure on the top 6. We were doing so before our mid-season slump. More consistency across the season and we'd be alot closer to Utd than the current disparity.

Watched Daucoure last night- whilst probably unobtainable if PSG and the like come in for me, he'd be a tremendous addition and just what this Silva side needs.

If we can't get Doucoure - which seems unlikely given his prominence this season and attention from bigger clubs - Brands needs to identify someone comparable at a lower level or another league. Honestly if there's someone like Doucoure, i'd trust Brands and Silva to pay for that player over splashing cash for Gomes even.

High-quality professional footballers do want to play for him though. He seems quite egotistical and a fan of the attention he gets but he obviously has a positive affect on his team.

I wouldn't say Silva seems particularly negative or constrained when he's on the touchline like the other fella said though - can definitely question what he's achieved this season and our shortcomings but I wouldn't really question any of his behaviour on the touchline/in press conferences etc.

If we can't get Doucoure - which seems unlikely given his prominence this season and attention from bigger clubs - Brands needs to identify someone comparable at a lower level or another league. Honestly if there's someone like Doucoure, i'd trust Brands and Silva to pay for that player over splashing cash for Gomes even.
I think it's essential we get both mate.

But thats what he's trying to achieve. It's like when someone tunes in a radio and you get a lot of static before you find the station you want - you hear it and lose it again a few times before finally locking it as a set station. He knows what he wants and he wont stop until everyone is locked into the style of play and doing it consistently...and getting rid of the old guard and getting his preferred new players in will help that no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.