• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God help us if every time we lose a football match 'the fanbase has been let down in a pathetic fashion' . There are only three possible results in a football match,win,lose and draw, and any of the three is possible in any match. That's why unexpected results happen...everywhere. The level of criticism levelled at Everton by its own supporters,and the level of expectation given our current transition situation is unfortunate, to say the least.
Yeah, but that was a pretty big match yesterday and it was probably the worst game we played all year. Even in our terrible run of form, we had possession, more chances than the other team almost across the board, got unlucky / hurt on set pieces. I know what this team is and what this team is not. I know we weren't the 8th best team in the league last year - we were more like a bottom third team. So I'm fine with the collective year, but that performance yesterday was indeed disappointing.

God help us if every time we lose a football match 'the fanbase has been let down in a pathetic fashion' . There are only three possible results in a football match,win,lose and draw, and any of the three is possible in any match. That's why unexpected results happen...everywhere. The level of criticism levelled at Everton by its own supporters,and the level of expectation given our current transition situation is unfortunate, to say the least.
It's the amount of times we are getting beaten and by whom is the problem mate.

3 at the back would have diluted the midfield and Fulham were playing a 4-5-1 weren't they?

I agree he could have been more creative but I also maintain it's a dross bench to look to.

Nah, push 'em in at least a medium block, it'd close off the channels and allow our FBs to push higher instead of constantly having to be pushed back by the wide attackers. We could even exploit the space behind them.

Actually, would've probably prevented the Babel goal. Again, personnel limits us here a bit, but it was one of several tactical changes we could've made.

Still, when we came out without any level of aggression, hard to judge tactics on a complete lack of execution and/or effort.

This thread in the last 24 hours is quite funny...

"Why didnt he change it"

-- For what???

"Keane"

Ok what about the rest of the team?

"But it was all Jagielka"

We won last week so he kept his place

"Yeah but no but yeah but no"

Did you want to change any others?

"Yeah lots of them"

Have you seen our bench?

"Its all Silvas fault"

Because he kept a winning team?

"No because he started Jagielka"

Dearie me lol
Because when things aren't going well he hàs no real plan B maybe?

I still think part of the problem is that people weren't looking more critically into our performance last year. That was a BAD team. BAD. We were lucky as heck to be 8th. If we had finished 15th or 16th like we really should have, no one would be complaining.

But I do think this team looks different next year. Clearing out the dross is one thing. But we should have 2 or 3 central players on the bench, both attacking & defending. Should have a legit PL CF both starting and on the bench. Outside backs - love that term - that offer something different.

I still think part of the problem is that people weren't looking more critically into our performance last year. That was a BAD team. BAD. We were lucky as heck to be 8th. If we had finished 15th or 16th like we really should have, no one would be complaining.

But I do think this team looks different next year. Clearing out the dross is one thing. But we should have 2 or 3 central players on the bench, both attacking & defending. Should have a legit PL CF both starting and on the bench. Outside backs - love that term - that offer something different.

Please stop saying 'outside backs'.

Other than that I agree...changes he could have made;

Stekelenburg -- No
Baines -- No
Keane -- Yes
Davies -- Maybe
Walcott -- Did nothing
Lookman -- Did nothing
Tosun -- Did nothing

That bench is a disaster...

Level of expectation? We played a team that had lost 9 on the run, 13 of the last 14 and are already relegated. Any team with European aspirations would be criticised for that disgraceful performance yesterday.

Level of expectation? We played a team that had lost 9 on the run, 13 of the last 14 and are already relegated. Any team with European aspirations would be criticised for that disgraceful performance yesterday.

I think its a generational thing, Steve is old enough to have seen us win titles and trophies, dominate Europe etc. He's happy with his lot and just wants to see stability these days in his twilight years - what will be will be mentality.

The younger fans who haven't seen us win something or beat the RS want more

The middle aged fans who get slated in work from RS colleagues and have young kids who get taunted in school by smug glory hunting offspring want more.

I think our fanbase is quite unique in that very few have this generational difference bar maybe Aston Villa and possibly Notts Forest however they have been down there for a good while now.

The other top clubs who used to win stuff regulary are still doing it bar us and the rest have either never seen much success and/or havent local rivals dining at the top table.

I think its a generational thing, Steve is old enough to have seen us win titles and trophies, dominate Europe etc. He's happy with his lot and just wants to see stability these days in his twilight years - what will be will be mentality.

The younger fans who haven't seen us win something or beat the RS want more

The middle aged fans who get slated in work from RS colleagues and have young kids who get taunted in school by smug glory hunting offspring want more.

I think our fanbase is quite unique in that very few have this generational difference bar maybe Aston Villa and possibly Notts Forest however they have been down there for a good while now.

The other top clubs who used to win stuff regulary are still doing it bar us and the rest have either never seen much success and/or havent local rivals dining at the top table.
I think you’re right there, I’m 25 and I’ve seen nothing and my Dad is in his mid-fifties and he wants more.

Sadly, I think we’re doomed to be eternally average.

There was enough in the team to beat a side that’s lost 9 on the row. Trying to change something may have helped

Yesterday game was like those moment earlier in the season. Things do not work in the first half. Players do not preform. He decided not to make subs or change. Then the team conceded and he waited waited waited before making late subs who had no time to make any sort of impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.