• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
individually yes as a team not really
I disagree. Is Leicester worse? Much better at CF and in the midfield. Probably better at CB. Maybe not in the other positions.

Watford is better at CF, Doucoure is better than anyone we have, they have better attacking options off the bench.

Wolves is better at CF, better at CM, probably at GK, maybe at CB, etc.

Silva deserves credit for taking what was a team that performance wise should've been in a relegation battle to mid table this year. Not saying he's the answer, but I think many here overrate our players.

Are they better than Chelsea or Arsenal?

I can say easily that he shouldn't have played Jags. No problem. But too many of our players are limited and inconsistent.

We are in that position we pay over the top for players who are not top drawer. We are not the only club that do that to be fair though. Just the way the market is now. Sorry correction. The silly english market.
Saying all that. Can we have inconsistent days and players? Yep. But as much as silva is responsible for attitude so are the players for yesterday. One thing that should not be inconsistent is attitude. Fulham were up for it more than the Everton players. No excuse for that.

It’s ok blaming the players for yesterday but in reality the manager needed to make a change at half time. Mitrovic was bullying Jagielka and the midfield was being over run

That’s on the manager to change it
Agreed, but who do you sub in the help the midfield? What change do you make tactically? He has no options.

He shouldn't have started Jags in the first place. No question.

We are in that position we pay over the top for players who are not top drawer. We are not the only club that do that to be fair though. Just the way the market is now. Sorry correction. The silly english market.
Saying all that. Can we have inconsistent days and players? Yep. But as much as silva is responsible for attitude so are the players for yesterday. One thing that should not be inconsistent is attitude. Fulham were up for it more than the Everton players. No excuse for that.
Good players have good attitudes and mentalities. It's a combination of both, agree, but if you have to look to your manager for leadership, you have a problem. Need to be leaders on the pitch.

Agreed, but who do you sub in the help the midfield? What change do you make tactically? He has no options.

He shouldn't have started Jags in the first place. No question.

He could have put Davies (for my sins) and went to a flat 3 in midfield to gain the extra man.

Keane on for Gylfi, went 3 at the back to double on Mitrovic, moving Bernard and Richarlison closer to DCL and having the wing backs playing further forward

Lookman on to pick up the ball and run from deep.

It’s his job, he kept the same formation almost up until the 80th odd minute

This thread in the last 24 hours is quite funny...

"Why didnt he change it"

-- For what???

"Keane"

Ok what about the rest of the team?

"But it was all Jagielka"

We won last week so he kept his place

"Yeah but no but yeah but no"

Did you want to change any others?

"Yeah lots of them"

Have you seen our bench?

"Its all Silvas fault"

Because he kept a winning team?

"No because he started Jagielka"

Dearie me lol

Lets be honest if he doesn't get 7th this year he is under big pressure from the board next season if he is to see out his final year of his contract.

Take Moshiri's comments and investments over the last 2 seasons and he won't be happy with consistent 9/10th placed finishes whilst clubs like Wolves, Watford and Leicester overtake us and qualfiy for Europe and getting into domestic cup semi's/finals.

He's slithered his way through criticism this year under the guise of "transition" however that all ends next season.

I also think fan patience in general will be alot less forgiving next season especially if we bring in another 4-5 players this summer.

Get rid, all that silva has really shown is results can be got with this squad, the problem is silva won’t do it frequent enough, to build a good team (which I think we are half way there) it’s took, Martinez,Koeman,big sam and on to our second DOF and 200 odd million and loss on players to get where we are now. One more manager and a few more players we may just sort it. We are getting there but what a messsy way we’ve done it.

Momentum is a big thing in football. Had we of won yesterday, the atmosphere against United could have carried us through for a valuable point(s). As it is, once again the team have let the fanbase down in the most pathetic fashion.

God help us if every time we lose a football match 'the fanbase has been let down in a pathetic fashion' . There are only three possible results in a football match,win,lose and draw, and any of the three is possible in any match. That's why unexpected results happen...everywhere. The level of criticism levelled at Everton by its own supporters,and the level of expectation given our current transition situation is unfortunate, to say the least.

He could have put Davies (for my sins) and went to a flat 3 in midfield to gain the extra man.

Keane on for Gylfi, went 3 at the back to double on Mitrovic, moving Bernard and Richarlison closer to DCL and having the wing backs playing further forward

Your Davies comment is what I was referring to. He was the only central player on the bench. That's not on Silva, either. I also would've tactically dropped back into a legit 4-3-3 with two DMs/CMs, and subbed on a DM/CM for Sigurdsson or Gomes, but we don't have one.

I like the idea of 3 in the back to allow the FBs to push up higher. We started out with the FBs pushed WAY higher than normal, but got pretty exposed as a result.
I think we'll see a different side next year. He NEEDS better central midfield players. Tom Davies as the only option is a joke.

3 at the back would have diluted the midfield and Fulham were playing a 4-5-1 weren't they?

I agree he could have been more creative but I also maintain it's a dross bench to look to.

Status
Not open for further replies.