• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
until we have enough wage space to improve the squad.

we will be unable to sign players on big contracts until the likes of snider rat, Sandro, Bolasie and the like are gone forever, not just on loan

We signed 7 players last Summer Frank.

As Gomes and Zooms show, if you cant buy, you can always loan.

I mean for real long term planning we need them gone, but Brands got diss.

We signed 7 players last Summer Frank.

As Gomes and Zooms show, if you cant buy, you can always loan.

I mean for real long term planning we need them gone, but Brands got diss.
im expecting maybe one 'big' signing, hopefully a striker. but as for gomes and zouma, a lot will depend on the other offers that come in, and whther or not we can actually rival the contracts they get offered. loaning is one thing, but making them permanent is a lot harder than it sounds, esp for decent'ish players

The climb to challenge for a top 4 place is way beyond us in the short term. If we continue to progress sensibly stage by stage then maybe 3 or even 4 years down the line before we can seriously emulate Spurs' rise to regular CL football. Even then we will still be handicapped by being at Goodison with comparatively low crowds. Meantime what do the mega rich existing top 6 do, stand still? Of course they could take off into a European league of their own as greed overtakes them, in which case who knows what might happen to us. The 3rd to 6th clubs now are wondering how make greater progress in seasons ahead to try to match the huge points tallies obtained this season by our dear neighbour and City. We might be battling for 5th/6th for years to come.

60 points would represent a good improvement next year and would get 7th comfortably.

I don't think they would eye an actual finishing league position as a target, but we have to start reducing the points gap between us and the top six, however difficult that is.

At the tail end of the top six, and with a good season, building momentum, and with some luck, I think it isn't outlandish to at least be in contention for a top six place, as little as that would offer it itself, with 8-10 games remaining.

We are absolutely light years away from top 6 material unless we are crafty in the transfer market, All we can do is aim for 7th and once we can get 7th on a consistent basis we can hopefully push on to 6th and above.

I dunno about that, i can see all 4 of the sides outside the top 2 pressing on next season, besides dont forgot, its not just the top 6 we have to worry about, but the league sides as well who are also trying, Leicester for one i can see being much better next season

I agree, consider it’s Wolves first season up I expect them to be challenging again too.

Status
Not open for further replies.