• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini
Rudi Garcia

Just named 2 in seconds for you mate.

Your point is invalid anyway, thats like saying to some arl 70 year old fan who doesnt watch much footie that if they cant name a replacement for Tosun it means no one is good enough to replace him.
I said proper realistic names, Garcia is not a good manager, his win % is only 47% that is less than Silva and Mancini just causes arguments in dressing rooms and i have never seen anything with a single player say they actually enjoyed playing for him.

The frustrating thing for me is that there is a clear propaganda campaign from certain individuals associated with the club along with the local press to keep him in a job and stop any form of questioning of his managerial credentials and how he even got the job in the first place.

The Echo have done nothing but slate the players all season and not once laid any blame at his feet. Every article is about "Silva outlines transfer vision for future" and not one form of criticism is ever made.

Compare that to how they treated Koeman & Alladyce and its clear as day the club have told the echo to not fan any potential flames of fan dissent.

I'll be very intestered to see come this time next season how the echo report on Silva if we are still underperforming...

I do agree. As you've said previously, there are those on here as well who flip flop around when it comes to supporting longevity for Silva whilst when Allardyce was here they didn't want a second more.

I'm certainly one of them. I think Big Sam did a good job, I really do. But i didn't want any more of it. No matter what the man himself peddles, we were awful on the ball and all he seemed to repeat was "we need better players". Yes, but we all need a pattern of play, trigger points for how to attack etc. Instead it was get the ball to Rooney and see if he can hit Walcott. The PL has simply moved on from that, certainly in the top half.

I've not recovered total faith after the Newcastle result. I also don't think we played brilliantly against Chelsea to be honest. I'm very much on the fence at this point. I want to believe he's the right man, I just think it's almost impossible to argue he DESERVES another season.

This idea though than you can fix a squad in one window and one season given the state it was in before Brands arrived is equally bonkers though. I mean, we still don't have a striker. We sold Lukaku TWO seasons ago. We also have a raft of players on huge contracts that are of little or no use to us.

I disagree with @GrandOldTeam - there isn't just two permutations of thought for Moshiri (loss of appetite or Brands incapable of finding a better alternative). That's far too simplistic. I would imagine it's more likely he, like the rest of us, is unsure that the squad he has is enough to generate consistent results. Until that doubt has gone, I don't think he'll pull the trigger. The question remains as to when that moment will come - i'd imagine after one more window.

Wouldn't say dignity he flirted with us 9 games into his new job!
I'm just judging him based on his time here mate (screw other clubs, especially tin-pot ones like Watford!) and imo he's carried himself with way more dignity there the last three fools have. It's about the only thing he's done right!

I disagree with @GrandOldTeam - there isn't just two permutations of thought for Moshiri (loss of appetite or Brands incapable of finding a better alternative). That's far too simplistic. I would imagine it's more likely he, like the rest of us, is unsure that the squad he has is enough to generate consistent results. Until that doubt has gone, I don't think he'll pull the trigger. The question remains as to when that moment will come - i'd imagine after one more window.

Sometimes it is simple.

8th January. Everton sit 11th;

Everton’s league position ‘is just not good enough’, warns Farhad Moshiri

Moshiri added: “It is not just rhetoric [about the stadium]. We are very serious about what we want to do. I know, I am a fan myself. I look at the table and it is just not good enough, I think we know that. We need to go up the table. We need to utilise the fans’ impatience to drive the club.

Since then, Millwall dumped us out the cup and we're still, 11th.

Moshiri on the same day admitted Marco Silva was a gamble. If it wasn't good enough the first week of January, it isn't good enough as we enter April.

If you think this squad isn't capable of any better than 11th, if you think Marco Silva is doing as good as anyone else could then fair enough, that is your opinion and we'll leave it there.

I like Marco but we should never have got rid of Roberto.
Who knows if he would have succeeded with a budget. Still, we had two straight seasons of mediocrity with Lukaku at the club. That was unnacceptable.

He completely lost the fan base and the club had mentally shut down. If anything, he is the founder of the Great Everton Collapse TM. It’s not all his fault, but it was his time.

I doubt he is the guy to take us forward. I don’t think he is a poor coach- he just isn’t a leader of men.

Love stuff like this. Taken completely out of thin air.

How do you know? You don't see or hear him on the training ground or in the changing room. You have no idea how he is with the players or how he operates as a manager.

You literally see him sat behind a desk for a press conference, in a Goodison Park corridor talking to Sky or BT and on the touchline.

If you don't rate him or want him that's fine but you know absolutely nothing about how good or bad of a coach he is or if he is or isn't a leader of men.

Love stuff like this. Taken completely out of thin air.

How do you know? You don't see or hear him on the training ground or in the changing room. You have no idea how he is with the players or how he operates as a manager.

You literally see him sat behind a desk for a press conference, in a Goodison Park corridor talking to Sky or BT and on the touchline.

If you don't rate him or want him that's fine but you know absolutely nothing about how good or bad of a coach he is or if he is or isn't a leader of men.
The results after Anfield back me up. And of course I can’t know things for sure- neither can you mate. We are fans and we don’t see what goes on behind the scenes. It’s called an educated guess. You look pretty silly assuming things of other people. How about you leave your own opinion on Silva and respectfully move on.

The results after Anfield back me up. And of course I can’t know things for sure- neither can you mate. We are fans and we don’t see what goes on behind the scenes. It’s called an educated guess. You look pretty silly assuming things of other people. How about you leave your own opinion on Silva and respectfully move on.

Nothing backs you up. There were poor results and poor performances. There is no way of knowing whether that is down to Silva's leadership, his coaching, the players themselves or luck in some instances. The manager takes the blame for results which is fine but you still don't know if the things you asserted are actually true.

You may be right but you don't know anything. It isn't an educated guess either because you have nothing to base it on. You don't see him coach and you don't see him lead. So stop asserting things based on absolutely nothing please.

Nothing backs you up. There were poor results and poor performances. There is no way of knowing whether that is down to Silva's leadership, his coaching, the players themselves or luck in some instances. The manager takes the blame for results which is fine but you still don't know if the things you asserted are actually true.

You may be right but you don't know anything. It isn't an educated guess either because you have nothing to base it on. You don't see him coach and you don't see him lead. So stop asserting things based on absolutely nothing please.
I can do as I please mate. Plenty of coaches get their teams on track after that Anfield debacle. Plenty of coaches light a fire under their arses and get them back in the right frame of mind. Silva didn’t. I actually find it ridiculous that you have a problem with a differing opinion.

I can do as I please mate. Plenty of coaches get their teams on track after that Anfield debacle. Plenty of coaches light a fire under their arses and get them back in the right frame of mind.

You can, but you'd be wrong.

None of that explains how you know how he coaches or if he's a leader. You don't see either.

I actually find it ridiculous that you have a problem with a differing opinion.

Welcome to the internet mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.