• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think he needs his summer window then we judge. Him and Brands have come in and found the going difficult with not being able to get rid of deadwood. All we can do is loan out as wages seem an issue. I think that hindered us in the January window. I think Silva and Brands are looking to build and sticking to a style/tactics that they hope will take us forward rather than taking it season by season and shutting up shop to get a result by all means. Could be the step back to enable us to take 2 steps forward...it might work or it might not. We cannot compare with Allardyce as they have come in to do different jobs entirely. Next season will be the Litmus for Silva to see if his style kicks in or not. Still believe a quality forward would make a big difference and DCL then can concentrate on growing into being a player capable of leading the line. Tweaks all over the place needed and if he can't do it this summer then he will be out by Christmas. Then and only then will I feel he has been given a fair crack of the whip with sufficient time.

I can't blag myself to be optimistic about next season under Marco Silva.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see it.

He's out of his depth and the only reason he has the support he currently has is because "we can't keep sacking managers" and the mental scars from Koeman resulting in an Allardyce.

That, and we're fickle. The swing from 70% wanting him sacked on this thread poll to 45% since Chelsea tells you a lot.

Is it a swing or have more people voted?

To add, you'd be hard pushed to find a manager in the league, currently in a job, who you could say has performed worse than him.

The only way he remains at Everton next season is if Moshiri has lost his appetite, or Marcel Brands can't secure a worthwhile replacement.

No way can Marcel Brands assess this season and think there was enough shown to give "the gamble" another shot - even if we conjure up a few decent results at Goodison over the next few weeks, the horse has long bolted on this season.

We shouldn't be benchmarking against Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, and even if we did - results wise, Marco Silva has performed worse.

Get rid*

* If Brands is capable of getting an actual decent manager in - one with some worthwhile credentials.
Its a pretty big asterisk at the bottom of your post!! IF nothing else is learned from the current Brexit fiasco it would be 'Dont set a hard target unless you have a plan to make it and for what happens on day 2'

On what grounds though? he is the absolute definition of 'average' No club side wants to touch him with a barge pole, and the Belgian fans are fed up of, wait for it, his 'lack of defending' he won't get another PL job anytime soon imo.
To me, the only time he had players free of injury and in peak condition and performance, look at what he achieved. We were scintillating

Season 2, wheels come off. His trusted defence can't get a game together, Distin and Howard forget they are footballers, Deulofeu returns to Barcelona.

This is all after he blew his entire transfer budget on Lukaku.

He had some bad buys and the egomaniac Belgians had stopped playing for him. But Klopp has proven that even the most defensively inept managers can fix those issues with a blank cheque for GKs and CBs.

To add, you'd be hard pushed to find a manager in the league, currently in a job, who you could say has performed worse than him.

The only way he remains at Everton next season is if Moshiri has lost his appetite, or Marcel Brands can't secure a worthwhile replacement.

No way can Marcel Brands assess this season and think there was enough shown to give "the gamble" another shot - even if we conjure up a few decent results at Goodison over the next few weeks, the horse has long bolted on this season.

We shouldn't be benchmarking against Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, and even if we did - results wise, Marco Silva has performed worse.

Get rid*

* If Brands is capable of getting an actual decent manager in - one with some worthwhile credentials.

The frustrating thing for me is that there is a clear propaganda campaign from certain individuals associated with the club along with the local press to keep him in a job and stop any form of questioning of his managerial credentials and how he even got the job in the first place.

The Echo have done nothing but slate the players all season and not once laid any blame at his feet. Every article is about "Silva outlines transfer vision for future" and not one form of criticism is ever made.

Compare that to how they treated Koeman & Alladyce and its clear as day the club have told the echo to not fan any potential flames of fan dissent.

I'll be very intestered to see come this time next season how the echo report on Silva if we are still underperforming...

He'll definitely get sacked next season as he's bang average however my question is will the fanbase finally demand Moshiri starts bucking his ideas up and appoint a proper manager to replace him?
like who though? the problem with all you anti-Silva lot is that not one of you has come up with a suitable realistic name to replace him. No, he is not the best and is out of his depth but at the moment there is not much in the way of other options. I don't think a lot of fans actually realise the damage Walsh and Koeman have done to us from a financial point of view, it's not a quick fix situation, some fans really need to get this through their heads.

like who though? the problem with all you anti-Silva lot is that not one of you has come up with a suitable realistic name to replace him. No, he is not the best and is out of his depth but at the moment there is not much in the way of other options. I don't think a lot of fans actually realise the damage Walsh and Koeman have done to us from a financial point of view, it's not a quick fix situation, some fans really need to get this through their heads.

Mancini
Rudi Garcia

Just named 2 in seconds for you mate.

Your point is invalid anyway, thats like saying to some arl 70 year old fan who doesnt watch much footie that if they cant name a replacement for Tosun it means no one is good enough to replace him.

He's utterly clueless and a total chancer but there's absolutely no point in getting on his back about it at this stage. Imo it's a matter of when the club sack him and not if, I can't see him being here this time next season personally. While he's here though he's still got my backing at the match even if I have zero confidence in him. At least he has a bit of dignity which is more then BFS, Koeman and Martinez had......

He's utterly clueless and a total chancer but there's absolutely no point in getting on his back about it at this stage. Imo it's a matter of when the club sack him and not if, I can't see him being here this time next season personally. While he's here though he's still got my backing at the match even if I have zero confidence in him. At least he has a bit of dignity which is more then BFS, Koeman and Martinez had......

Wouldn't say dignity he flirted with us 9 games into his new job!

Status
Not open for further replies.