Homepage Article Marco Silva Everton Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like him for being a bit understated and respectful, he was no delusional weirdo or gurning clown like so many other managers in the league.

But all that matters is the results and he was a victim of our incredibly unprofessional players who love to see off managers while coasting.

That said, he clearly wasn't good enough and seemed out of his depth at times so we were right to fire the cannon.

Wish him the best.

Slightly confused by the fact that some people to think a bloke still looking to make a career as a manager should come out and publicly say 'I am a rubbish manager and it was 100% my fault that I failed and got sacked.'

He always seemed a decent sort and I felt for him last summer when he clearly didn't get anything like the squad he wanted, but at the end of the day he didn't get the results and it was the right move to sack him.

Nice fella, awful premier league Manager would be my summation.

You would have thought the relegation under his belt would have been a bit of a red flag but not for Kenwright and co and then low and behold 18 months later he took us down to 3rd from bottom mostly due to his arrogant refusal to ever change and adapt.

So yeah nice guy but nothing he says now about Everton is of any value imo.
Good old Everton would never make that same mistake twice

M.jpg

Slightly confused by the fact that some people to think a bloke still looking to make a career as a manager should come out and publicly say 'I am a rubbish manager and it was 100% my fault that I failed and got sacked.'

He always seemed a decent sort and I felt for him last summer when he clearly didn't get anything like the squad he wanted, but at the end of the day he didn't get the results and it was the right move to sack him.
Totally agree, been out of work for 18 months. Surprised he didn't make more of the United 4-0. Hope he gets a job and does well. He had a good go, it didn't work out. Good luck to him. I hope he is better for the experience of managing the club.

Liked the fella personally, sympathise with him not getting what he needed in that summer window and the poor fortune with JPG.

However, terrible misfortune is an occupational hazard of being associated with EFC so we can't have a manager who doesn't deal with adversity well.

Wish him the best of luck though, could tell that the players liked him.

He clearly has very different memories of his first season then I do. What he describes as "obviously very good" I would describe as mostly garbage and borderline sackable form until around March when we had a little purple patch (with some admittedly good results against Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd) that turned an utterly shambolic season into just another mediocre one.

It's when he decided to build around Sigurdsson and got a tune out of him.

But of sympathy for him as he lost Gueye and Zouma and effectively got nothing to replace them. Then Gomes did his ankle so he lost him also.

That said I don’t think we showed anything in that first season under him that was anything other than ordinary. Poor away record again, poor displays at top 6 again, no derby wins again, out of European contention early doors again. Just a typical Everton season of nothingness.

I remember feeling totally underwhelmed when he was appointed.
Nice bloke and felt sorry for him in the end as he was like a lamb to the slaughter due to being out of his depth.
I’m not sure what they thinking of when deciding to appoint him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.