Homepage Article Marco Silva ‘We go to Anfield to win’

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go with a plan, within 15 minutes the plan will fall apart and we’ll go in at half time 2 or 3 down and Marco will have to give a Rafael (CL final) half time team talk. As it will be his last if he doesn’t unleash hell on a team that is far far better then there currently playing.

We will come out fired up for the 2nd half and absolutely batter them

An only lose 5-0

Reminds of the hit by the Merseybeats!

Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying lol

No message will give us any confidence. Better to keep quiet and hope for the best.

If he did that you'd be in here calling him a coward for keeping quiet

He's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't, so he might as well try and send a positive message

Good for him. I hope the players now do right by him and secure the three points

I believe that he believes it.

I don't believe we have enough at either end or the mentality to take any points from the game.

I won't be watching

Fully expecting a draw.

It's not based on the respective abilities of the two teams which are worlds apart. It's not based on the respective tactical or motivational strengths of the two managers, which again, are worlds apart. It's not based on the fact that it's a derby so 'form goes out the window' or any other old cliche's that Sky / Amazon / BT / Any other extortionate presciption-based tory channel trot out. It's not based on the fierce, collective atmosphere generated at Anfield by reds and blues alike. It's not based on the proclivity of referees to melt under pressure in these games and make utterly incomprehensible decisions.

It's based purely on the numbers game and law of averages. If we continuously play games of Football at that ground, eventually, somehow, sometime, we will get a result. It's bound to happen.

They don't look unbeatable in the slightest, they've just got that strong 'we're not gonna get beat' character. get right on VVD from the off and not let him have 20 yards of space to play about in, shake him up by being on him like a pack of dogs and see how he copes, make him look vulnerable and force a few errors. that's the way to get at them. COYB

If he did that you'd be in here calling him a coward for keeping quiet

He's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't, so he might as well try and send a positive message

Good for him. I hope the players now do right by him and secure the three points

No I wouldn't. I would appreciate the fact he knows he's under tremendous pressure and decided to keep quiet, instead of shovelling us with the same old <insert swear word here, any swear word, it's your choice> we hear week in week out. If I was this <insert swear word here, any swear word, it's your choice> at my job, I'd currently be unemployed. Imagine going to KFC and the manager there always served you a big mac. Not only would that irk the clientele, but also the establishment. <insert swear word here, any swear word, it's your choice> analogy I know, but it's all I've got. It's gonna be a long day folks :coffee:

We go with a plan, within 15 minutes the plan will fall apart and we’ll go in at half time 2 or 3 down and Marco will have to give a Rafael (CL final) half time team talk. As it will be his last if he doesn’t unleash hell on a team that is far far better then there currently playing.

We will come out fired up for the 2nd half and absolutely batter them

An only lose 5-0

I too expect this is how it will play out.

Got to score goals. Sadly we don't (14 in 14 games).

When they rolled over the champions league it's against sides who have clinical players.

So however well we play, we just don't have that little extra to cause any upset imo

Fully expecting a draw.

It's not based on the respective abilities of the two teams which are worlds apart. It's not based on the respective tactical or motivational strengths of the two managers, which again, are worlds apart. It's not based on the fact that it's a derby so 'form goes out the window' or any other old cliche's that Sky / Amazon / BT / Any other extortionate presciption-based tory channel trot out. It's not based on the fierce, collective atmosphere generated at Anfield by reds and blues alike. It's not based on the proclivity of referees to melt under pressure in these games and make utterly incomprehensible decisions.

It's based purely on the numbers game and law of averages. If we continuously play games of Football at that ground, eventually, somehow, sometime, we will get a result. It's bound to happen.

This is what is known as the Gamblers fallacy.

Same old crap, if you go there to win then win the game. We all know we won’t though so why bother opening your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.