Homepage Article Marco Silva ‘We go to Anfield to win’

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go with a plan, within 15 minutes the plan will fall apart and we’ll go in at half time 2 or 3 down and Marco will have to give a Rafael (CL final) half time team talk. As it will be his last if he doesn’t unleash hell on a team that is far far better then there currently playing.

We will come out fired up for the 2nd half and absolutely batter them

An only lose 5-0

We go with a plan, within 15 minutes the plan will fall apart and we’ll go in at half time 2 or 3 down and Marco will have to give a Rafael (CL final) half time team talk. As it will be his last if he doesn’t unleash hell on a team that is far far better then there currently playing.

We will come out fired up for the 2nd half and absolutely batter them

An only lose 5-0
Makes me feel physically ill when I see Evertonians referring to him as "Rafael".

Also, does that half time team talk go something like "listen lads, I've sorted it so your opponents forget entirely how to defend, or even that there's even a concept called defending, for 20mins in the second half, have at it"

i wouldn't say we played really well at Leicester tbh, we played better than we have been and looked more solid than we have been

but ultimately we still conceded two sloppy goals didn't really create anything
Disagree. Thought we were for most periods the better side against one of the most in-form teams in the league. I'm all for criticising us when it's deserved but against Leicester we performed how we should be performing every week. The main reason for our loss was because we are short in quality and depth in midfield at the moment.

I would've liked Silva to come out with stuff like: "We go to Anfield to win. It will be difficult for sure. When you look at who is refereeing the game and who is monitoring VAR, you will understand that it's not just Liverpool we will be playing against. There will be many difficult moments for us". Then just smile, leave the press conference, and wait for the fallout.

Disagree. Thought we were for most periods the better side against one of the most in-form teams in the league. I'm all for criticising us when it's deserved but against Leicester we performed how we should be performing every week. The main reason for our loss was because we are short in quality and depth in midfield at the moment.

we played ok, just not very well

Leicester didn't really play very well either.

I think we would have won the game if Kean had come on earlier though, we invited pressure all second half and didn't use them pushing forward trying to get a goal to our advantage to grab a second

just my opinion like, think we have been so used to absolute garbage that a much improved performance like Leicester was has got us thinking it was really good when it was just ok/good

Not even watching tonight, fed up of seeing us lose to them. Gonna turn me phone off between 8 and 10 and hope to be pleasantly surprised when I turn it back on. For once Everton, please play with no fear and end this hoodoo.

We've gone there to win in the last 20 years and failed narrowly.

I dont know what the alternative message is he should give. "It's been 20 years since we won there, so we've decided to give the lads the night off to watch Master Chef".

No message will give us any confidence. Better to keep quiet and hope for the best.

Makes me feel physically ill when I see Evertonians referring to him as "Rafael".

Also, does that half time team talk go something like "listen lads, I've sorted it so your opponents forget entirely how to defend, or even that there's even a concept called defending, for 20mins in the second half, have at it"
Oooh, is someone tired? Think you and MrGrumpy appear to have had some sort of ethereal mind swop

Status
Not open for further replies.