Homepage Article Marco Silva’s Everton Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best for all concerned he’s gone and wish him all the best, does seem like a genuine fella. Just hope this squad of players are not sly and work I’m fractured groups as our new man is going to be walking into Groundhog Day like every manager since Moyes...

He took them from 8th to the dizzying heights of 6th by replacing Lovren with Van Dijk and then Alderweireld. Consider me unimpressed.
Top six is the benchmark! He’s also doing well at Holland, rejuvenating the team.

Ronald points out that was not able to indulge in long ball football when Lukaku was sold. Instead he was forced to keep it on the deck at all times, limiting the tactical approach. He also admits that Everton sign tripe at inflated prices:

Dutchman Koeman added: "We sold Lukaku for £90m. Our most expensive purchase, the Icelander Gylfi Sigurdsson, cost half.

"It's a lot of money, but in England you work in a world of different numbers. Players here all cost a lot more than they are actually worth. That's how the market works."

Weak biff. Toodles. Show a bit of passion, communicate with your players on the field. Make changes to counter the opposition. Couldn't give a frig if he's a sweetheart, he's a turd manager and was never up to the job.

BOOOOOOO!

Top six is the benchmark! He’s also doing well at Holland, rejuvenating the team.

Ronald points out that was not able to indulge in long ball football when Lukaku was sold. Instead he was forced to keep it on the deck at all times, limiting the tactical approach. He also admits that Everton sign tripe at inflated prices:

Dutchman Koeman added: "We sold Lukaku for £90m. Our most expensive purchase, the Icelander Gylfi Sigurdsson, cost half.

"It's a lot of money, but in England you work in a world of different numbers. Players here all cost a lot more than they are actually worth. That's how the market works."
He can try to shift the blame if he wants but he had no answers when it went bad. Saying he couldn't do it because Lukaku was sold just shows that he relied on players to do it.

He can try to shift the blame if he wants but he had no answers when it went bad. Saying he couldn't do it because Lukaku was sold just shows that he relied on players to do it.
Every manager loves the long ball. It is just some are too afraid to admit it! If Emery has not been terrified of passes that go further than 10ft he would probably have kept his job and would have qualified for the Champions League last year!

What a strange and erratic appointment he has been - there were some genuinely great games where Digne, Bernard, Gomez and Richarlison were a joy to watch. Selling Gana really stuffed things though and then not replacing Zouma compounded the problem.

Seemed a decent man trying to do his best like most of us - sure he has loads of cash but that's gotta hurt.

I'd worry that Howe would end up going the same way if he was appointed.

We are going to have to scrape around for a defender and midfielder in the transfer window.

I actually think we have enough in attack for a decent coach - it's the lack of defensive grit that worries me about this depleted squad now.

No doubt he worked hard, he wasn't koeman in that regard he did graft but just couldn't make it work. A lot of misfortune too but overall too many losses.

I don't doubt Marco Silva is a descent man, neither do I doubt that he gave of his very best. Unfortunately he didn't have the ability to manage the club successfully. We have had managers in the past who haven't had the money or opportunity to sign players, Marco did but his recruitment hasn't been value for money.
I hoped he would be great, the truth is he wasn't, on results his sacking is justified. I hold no grudges against him, I hope he goes to Europe and does well but I am more interested in how Duncan Ferguson gets on.

He is just appreciating the club for giving him the chance to manage a big club in the premier league. He seems like a decent bloke and players love him so obviously a very good man manager our next manager just needs to be ruthless and get the players worrying about being dropped

I agree with a lot of what of what has already been said, he was a nice guy I have no problem with him as a guy, he was just out of his depth as a manager. I don't think he was to blame for the mess we're in, other than the zonal marking which he eventually got rid of, I think he did his best and was let down by the higher ups. We've had different managers, different DOF and slightly different players, which proves that there's something else going on. My view is his sacking won't drastically change things, we still have the same morons who have failed to replace Lukaku when they've had 2 years to do so. The clowns who failed to get a replacement for Zouma and the clowns who wasted huge amounts of money on average players, Bolaise, Klassen, Sigs, Snides, Keane, Mina, Pickford, Richarlison, Walcott and a variety of other players. Moshiri is in my opinion the man to blame for this mess, nobody has a clue whose making the decisions on players, Brands, Moshiri, the manager or Kenwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.