Homepage Article Marco Silva’s Everton Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to the fella, I wish him nothing but good fortune.

He did everything he could for this club, he was the first in and last out every day.

He had some of the worst luck ive seen a manager have since Moyes lost his 3 best players before a cup final.

Good luck Marco, may your watch lead the way in your next job.

Arteta, Jagielka and ???? It was 10 years ago, I cant remember now

I don't know the answer. But I think the process should be similar to when you try to find undervalued players. Who out there is doing good things and maybe not having it totally work out so that someone better snaps him up. It's what Spurs did with Poch initially for example.

It is very challenging isn't it but isn't Poch to Spurs the same as Koeman to Everton with both coming from Southampton? Maybe you think Koeman was good enough but wasn't given time? I know this isn't a popular opinion on here but I actually think Martinez may have been the one (despite 2 out of 3 poor underwhelming seasons) as he wasn't afforded the funds the others were and I would've liked to have seen him spend what Silva had to spend for example.

A nice and decent man, but he was reserved and unpassionate to the point of real concern.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the warning signs were there from the away defeat to Villa.

We had the opportunity to be at the head of the Premiership, Silva and the players chickened out.

It has all been downhill since then, really sad.
Funnily enough he looked very animated in his pictures at Sporting Lisbon.

It is very challenging isn't it but isn't Poch to Spurs the same as Koeman to Everton with both coming from Southampton? Maybe you think Koeman was good enough but wasn't given time? I know this isn't a popular opinion on here but I actually think Martinez may have been the one (despite 2 out of 3 poor underwhelming seasons) as he wasn't afforded the funds the others were and I would've liked to have seen him spend what Silva had to spend for example.
Poch built that team up. Koeman took over when they were already good and got lucky with Van Dijk and Alderweireld being added in while he was in charge.

It isn't a fool proof way of working it. But pretending we can get Poch or someone similar to walk in now won't work either. It requires some creativity.

Poch built that team up. Koeman took over when they were already good and got lucky with Van Dijk and Alderweireld being added in while he was in charge.

It isn't a fool proof way of working it. But pretending we can get Poch or someone similar to walk in now won't work either. It requires some creativity.
Nah, Koeman improved that team and made Poch look like a dummy.... and then he joined us!

Status
Not open for further replies.