Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently rejected us
seandyche-cropped_32apf71l7e0j1fw6tmx2w3t46.jpg

It's probably asking too much for a guy to come in with a swashbuckling style and demanding more intensity and effort from everyone, and for it to succeed.

Those sort of expectations invariably fall short.

I'd wager more on Bielsa getting us up rather than keeping us up, and like it or not, that at least should be a valid consideration for whomever gets the job now.

I'm not sure Bielsa would survive the turmoil here, its a different scenario to Leeds. They were established in The Championship when he took them over and not in the midst of the level of crisis that we face.

I get the feeling he would put huge pressure on himself to keep us up, and be tempted to walk away if it wasn't possible.

Nor would it be destined to be a longer-term appointment I feel and regardless of our plight, we should be aiming for someone to at least make a fight of staying up, but being in the job beyond that to get us back up if necessary.

Has Pete O’Rourke ever got anything right?

Footy Insider just seem to churn out complete nonsense or guesswork in the hopes that something lands.

Backfired last week when he ran that story saying Trossard was definitely NOT going to Arsenal the day before he signed lol

Defenders who play football? He had Liam Cooper who is a no nonsense (originally considered league 1 standard centre back) and pascal struijk. I think he can work with supposedly better centre backs than them.
I mean to implement better, so to say.

Defenders usually defend first for him.

We're also apparently not getting him so there's that.

I don't watch much football any more, but surely there must be some promising younger managers in the lower leagues ala Moyes when we first got him. I think we are down anyway, so it it makes more sense to appoint someone for the long haul, rather than managers who have already failed in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.