Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've badly failed a number of promising youth players under Unsworth's stewardship of the academy. Bielsa would no doubt add to the revamp that Thelwell has undertaken. It's an intriguing appointment, a huge gamble which if it pays off could change our fortunes entirely. I'd keep him if we go down anyway tbh, he can get back up and I'd much rather watch his style than any other manager we could get at the moment.
I'd like to see Mills and Price get a game

Bielsa is a real gamble could work somehow could be a disaster with the squad we have we do need someone to put a rocket up them but do his methods require a pre season?

Didn’t read through the entire thread but I get a consensus that he is not a bad appointment. How about a poll?
This will be a terrible appointment. Wrong style, players we have can't adapt to his style especially our forward line and midfield, - extreme press will be too much for them, we will ship in goals as we did under Martinez, it's a crazy decision from a man that doesn't understand football.

Whether or not his tactics are suitable for Everton or the squad, at least he would bring a tactical philosophy to Everton. We wouldn’t see the zombie football of Lampard. Bielsa isn’t a bad choice IMO, I’d certainly be excited to watch us again, and the fact he makes the players train brutally and do manual labour? Yeah… I think that’s the least those lazy muppets deserve after the lack of effort for the last few years

This will be a terrible appointment. Wrong style, players we have can't adapt to his style especially our forward line and midfield, - extreme press will be too much for them, we will ship in goals as we did under Martinez, it's a crazy decision from a man that doesn't understand football.
No. Everton are in the championship next season and Bielsa can rebuild. Get rid of the crap.

Bielsa could get this team playing, if he had time. the problem being he wouldn't have and would need to hit the ground running. its a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.