Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the most un-Bielsa squad in the prem. Which is why this appointment is going to be amazing! I’m all for it.

The media is talking about ‘fit’, just like how Carlo wasn’t a good fit but had us second in the prem at Christmas.

These lads are still trying, what they were doing under Frank wasn’t working. Sometimes it takes a massive wake-up call and change of lifestyle to their training to achieve something. Bielsa is actually the man to do that. Players will run if they’re going to win.

We have the most un-Bielsa squad in the prem. Which is why this appointment is going to be amazing! I’m all for it.

The media is talking about ‘fit’, just like how Carlo wasn’t a good fit but had us second in the prem at Christmas.

These lads are still trying, what they were doing under Frank wasn’t working. Sometimes it takes a massive wake-up call and change of lifestyle to their training to achieve something. Bielsa is actually the man to do that. Players will run if they’re going to win.

Could honestly see him walking after about 4 days.

This man could be the shock to the system we haven't had since Moyes.
Exactly what I thought. Our hardworking team culture was destroy by Martinez and it never recover. If Bielsa pulls it off he will be a legend, the complete opposite will be players revolt and relegation, not a bad thing considering it will be a full overhaul of the squad once and for all and he will build a team capable of promotion just like leeds.

Whether or not his tactics are suitable for Everton or the squad, at least he would bring a tactical philosophy to Everton. We wouldn’t see the zombie football of Lampard. Bielsa isn’t a bad choice IMO, I’d certainly be excited to watch us again, and the fact he makes the players train brutally and do manual labour? Yeah… I think that’s the least those lazy muppets deserve after the lack of effort for the last few years

Leeds were taking some real batterings towards the end of his time there.
Im wondering if this appointment happens and he attempts to play a high pressing game with some of these players, how long that view will last.

I give it 30 minutes.

Bewildered at the number fanboys this muttering little goblin has.

Have a read of this and tell us how in earth we have players even half way capable of doing this for even 60 minutes, let alone 90.

View attachment 201889
It's ale house, dinosaur football. Fine for the lower leagues where players crap theie pants and get rid anywhere, a half way competent team can easily beat a continous press.

I cannot think of a less suitable choice.

What a club.
His leeds team has played bettee than we have seen all season under lampard, i get reasons some have said about him taking no bs from the players and demanding they work hard. I am like you not too sold on him but honestly can go either way with him is a risk whoever we get at this point

Bielsa could get this team playing, if he had time. the problem being he wouldn't have and would need to hit the ground running. its a no from me.

On the contrary, I don’t think Bielsa’s system is that complicated. A lot of it comes from work rate and positioning.

I think he’ll actually be much more tactically astute in possession and the players will have more confidence to play as a result.

Leeds had the lowest prem salaries that first season and did really well. We might not be as athletically capable as Leeds but we should have better footballers.

On the contrary, I don’t think Bielsa’s system is that complicated. A lot of it comes from work rate and positioning.

I think he’ll actually be much more tactically astute in possession and the players will have more confidence to play as a result.

Leeds had the lowest prem salaries that first season and did really well. We might not be as athletically capable as Leeds but we should have better footballers.

To play his system you need to have players comfortable on the ball and we have Seamus Coleman who’d rather do 360 degree circles and run back towards his own corner flag than kick a football with his left foot.

….I’m very old & this fella is older than me. I can’t believe we’re even linked.

We need somebody who has a record of instantly transforming a group of poor performing footballers. Time isn’t on our side, we need immediate improvement. There’s no time to install Bielsa methodology, there’s no time to bring in players who play the Bielsa way.

Leeds were awful last season, I was amazed how bad they were when they came to Goodison. That was a Leeds team fighting for their existence & Bielsa was sacked, yet posters want him here.

Moshiri appointed Benitez & now he wants Bielsa. That should be enough for us to steer well away, it’ll be certain relegation. Disaster.

….I’m very old & this fella is older than me. I can’t believe we’re even linked.

We need somebody who has a record of instantly transforming a group of poor performing footballers. Time isn’t on our side, we need immediate improvement. There’s no time to install Bielsa methodology, there’s no time to bring in players who play the Bielsa way.

Leeds were awful last season, I was amazed how bad they were when they came to Goodison. That was a Leeds team fighting for their existence & Bielsa was sacked, yet posters want him here.

Moshiri appointed Benitez & now he wants Bielsa. That should be enough for us to steer well away, it’ll be certain relegation.
Managers get sacked all the time. I don’t see why a manager being sacked is a reason not to hire them?

To play his system you need to have players comfortable on the ball and we have Seamus Coleman who’d rather do 360 degree circles and run back towards his own corner flag than kick a football with his left foot.

Pretty sure individually Leeds didn’t have great footballers either but he managed to get them playing. Extra tactical awareness can give limited players a chance at playing better and not put them in positions where they lose the ball and their confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.