Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Lampard tried to play a high pressing game, we got tonked 2 or 3 times and he had to give it up. Several managers have tried and failed. It could well be spectacular under Bielsa, as he won't change it if we lose 5-0. I can see us conceding more than that. If you want Bielsa, wait until the summer and give him carte blanche to sell all the players and buy 15 new ones who can run.

If ever there was going to be a manager and style of football that would highlight how weak our squad is, its Marcelo Bielsa. I'm not sure he could get us playing in time to save the drop, but he will certainly perge the squad of players that dont want to be there.

Managers get sacked all the time. I don’t see why a manager being sacked is a reason not to hire them?

….and that’s the PL managerial merry-go-round. Failed managers go from one club & fail at another. Leeds were fighting for their existence last season but only survived after getting rid of this man & now posters want him here.

Moshiri has demonstrated dreadful judgement. He doesn’t know football, he doesn’t understand football. Apparently its him who wants Bielsa. That sets alarm bells immediately ringing.

I have no idea of who we should get but a must is a manager with a record of immediately transforming the performance of a team. Bielsa has walked on clubs in the short-term. There is no time to bring in his own players, he has to organise this group, make us difficult to beat & introduce attacking threat. Everton don’t have Raphina.

Bielsa is gung-ho, but we are impotent as an attacking force so can’t afford to swap punches with teams in this league.

….I’m very old & this fella is older than me. I can’t believe we’re even linked.

We need somebody who has a record of instantly transforming a group of poor performing footballers. Time isn’t on our side, we need immediate improvement. There’s no time to install Bielsa methodology, there’s no time to bring in players who play the Bielsa way.

Leeds were awful last season, I was amazed how bad they were when they came to Goodison. That was a Leeds team fighting for their existence & Bielsa was sacked, yet posters want him here.

Moshiri appointed Benitez & now he wants Bielsa. That should be enough for us to steer well away, it’ll be certain relegation. Disaster.

I think Leeds went through that long period where almost their entire first 11 were injured. I didn’t think he should have been sacked at the time.

I do think Moshiri picks his managers like it’s whatever is flavour of the month. I’d actually prefer it if we were more like Barca and pick a similar style each time.

Prefer him to Dyche but that's not a high bar. The one good thing is he wouldn't be afraid to highlight and fight the clubs issues. That being said with how much of a mess things are with moshiri and Co if Bielsa did sign, he'd probably quit within 6 months dealing with this circus

All in all, I'd prefer a manager new to the prem with fresh ideas (as poch/tuchel aren't realistic)

If ever there was going to be a manager and style of football that would highlight how weak our squad is, its Marcelo Bielsa. I'm not sure he could get us playing in time to save the drop, but he will certainly perge the squad of players that dont want to be there.

…ha, ha. He can’t purge the club of ordinary players on extraordinary contracts because they won’t move. Regardless, he can’t purge the club of players until the summer & that’s too late.

Look at a Manager with a record of immediately improving the fortunes of a team, not somebody who needs time. Our situation doesn’t need a manager who was failing to keep Leeds up last season.

I think Leeds went through that long period where almost their entire first 11 were injured. I didn’t think he should have been sacked at the time.

I do think Moshiri picks his managers like it’s whatever is flavour of the month. I’d actually prefer it if we were more like Barca and pick a similar style each time.

They were injured due to his regime

A Bielsa appointment to me means getting a coach who’ll improve the work rate of the players.

I don’t think he’s negligent and injures his players because of his demands. He’ll be aware of their limitations.
Maybe the work rate in training contributed to the number of injuries in the squad. Maybe his training methods are ok elsewhere, where they play less games and arguably less intense football. Comes across as another luddite to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.