Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked you a question before. You called someone from Halewood a balloon and said they weren't scouse . And went on about some nonsense about colour of bins. If I'm not mistaken you live nearer to Scotland than Liverpool. I live 8 miles from Liverpool Town centre and you presume to tell people from Halewood they aren't scouse. You haven't got a clue about the boroughs of Liverpool so just stick to talking about Everton.

Is that by road, train or straight line?

Cos I'm possibly closer than that depending on method but wool as fook.

I for one am quite sad that he won’t be our gaffer, but agree with @Eggs about the weird binary choice, and we don’t look any further than proven previously sacked managers.

There are loads of other exciting options that we could have looked at, but again there’s just a reactionary, perfunctory search and the usual suspects are interviewed.

I was amazed bielsa got an interview to be honest, and I really would have liked to have seen him tear into this club and squad.

I Hope Dyche can inspire the useless turds enough to keep us up, and I’ll get right behind the manager and team, but it’s an uninspiring appointment for me.

But, after getting Leeds promoted he then nearly got them relegated again.
It's not as if he left the club in a wonderful position behind him...only slightly better than us and that is saying something.

I think Leeds fans love him because he brought you back to the Premiership more than any other reason.
I'm confident that with several key players returning from injury in March last year, Bielsa would have kept Leeds up. It may have been a close-run thing, but I'm convinced he would've achieved results just as good (and probably better) than those of Marsch.

Contrary to what you've said, he did leave Leeds in a strong position - it might not have looked like it in terms of the PL table, but he'd revitalised a club that was going absolutely nowhere. The short-sightedness of Radrizzani and his mates in sacking Bielsa and bringing in a guy who's not up to the job is what's really set the club back.

Won't be available in the summer and we will be on our way to the championship.

We had an opportunity here to bring someone in who would have brought the changes that fans have been crying out for. A strong personality who would demand control and use it to initiate a cultural change at the club, and to instill an identity in the team.

I don't think that Bielsa or Dyche would keep us up this season, but I don't think any manager would to be honest. Our squad is absolutely shocking with an awful attitude, and even with the sale of Gordon we won't have enough money to improve it enough to stay in the league.

Bielsa was the guy to stay on post-relegation and get us back to where we should be. If we get relegated with Dyche he's failed and will be sacked and we're back where we are now, only with even bigger problems financially.

Meanwhile Bielsa will probably be managing Ajax or another decently run team.

Fml.

No, he wasn't.

View attachment 202452

Table after Gameweek 27 last season. Bielsa's last game you got tonked 0-4 by the Spurs. 2 Points off relegation zone having played a game more than Burnley and two more than us.

Must have had my game weeks twisted. Point still stands though - no better off since under the yank and still better than Dyche's Burnley (though think Dyche was sacked a little before Bielsa from memory).

I'm not. Couldn't have bone his managing the under23's.
Towards the start of this thread I wrote a post about what you could expect from Bielsa if he came to you. One of the points I made was that you would have a manager more interested in developing youth players than fixating on league tables and results - He'll just focus on trying to make the players good and let the rest take care of itself.

A lot of 'go wobble your head' type replies (well, some at least) and derision.

Then he suggested to manage the age teams and let the relegation issue run its course either way, ballsy - and a bit weird - even by this standards, but nice of him to back me up like that.

Is there anyone any the wiser as to why Biesla was going to coach the U21s until summer. I don't even understand that. So who was supposed to be taking the first team until then?

Is there anyone any the wiser as to why Biesla was going to coach the U21s until summer. I don't even understand that. So who was supposed to be taking the first team until then?
I guess the driver is so he doesn't have a relegation on his CV and in the meantime can sort out some of the playing fundamentals ready for next season.

Probably just newspaper fodder tbh.

Won't be available in the summer and we will be on our way to the championship.

We had an opportunity here to bring someone in who would have brought the changes that fans have been crying out for. A strong personality who would demand control and use it to initiate a cultural change at the club, and to instill an identity in the team.

I don't think that Bielsa or Dyche would keep us up this season, but I don't think any manager would to be honest. Our squad is absolutely shocking with an awful attitude, and even with the sale of Gordon we won't have enough money to improve it enough to stay in the league.

Bielsa was the guy to stay on post-relegation and get us back to where we should be. If we get relegated with Dyche he's failed and will be sacked and we're back where we are now, only with even bigger problems financially.

Meanwhile Bielsa will probably be managing Ajax or another decently run team.

Fml.

Paying £1m a month for the coaching team in the Championship would not be a good idea

What must he have been thinking?

Even more, I know we're not a catch right now but we are not so desperate for HIM that much to sack off the first team in favour of him getting started on the younger players. That might be a plan at a club like Leeds perhaps but not Everton. I think he took us for fools and I'm glad we didn't get him I'm glad someone at the club whoever it was even if it was St Bill of Kenwright told him to do one. And I can't stand Kenwright.

In Scouse "do one blert".

Status
Not open for further replies.