Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve spent tons mate, it never gets the press it should.
And fair play to them, and him. They backed him and he's developed players. What he's done with Martinelli and Saka shouldn't be ignored. Odegaard was a real talent but they took a gamble on him on loan and Arteta showed faith with him and he's developing into the player that his potential promised, and he also backed himself on Auba.

Ultimately we spent money with bad/ill-suited managers and look what happened.

And fair play to them, and him. They backed him and he's developed players. What he's done with Martinelli and Saka shouldn't be ignored. Odegaard was a real talent but they took a gamble on him on loan and Arteta showed faith with him and he's developing into the player that his potential promised, and he also backed himself on Auba.

Ultimately we spent money with bad/ill-suited managers and look what happened.

Yep not having a go mate, he’s done really well, I’d also point out Saliba and how he managed him. He took flack for Ramsdale also.

They have spent massive money mind. It’s nice position for Arteta to be in. I find it interesting that some clubs get press and stereotyped around spending and others don’t.

I’d also give Edu a hell of a lot of credit too.

A take home for me is look what a new ground can enable, we can remember them hand to mouth when they were building it for a few years - look at the sums now, thats the source of my thinking to be honest as maybe parrells to us.

Yep not having a go mate, he’s done really well, I’d also point out Saliba and how he managed him. He took flack for Ramsdale also.

They have spent massive money mind. It’s nice position for Arteta to be in.

I’d also give Edu a hell of a lot of credit too.

A take home for me is look what a new ground can enable, we can remember them hand to mouth when they were building it for a few years - look at the sums now, thats the source of my thinking to be honest as maybe parrells to us.
true though have to add it's Arsenal. I know Everton are big and I agree with your point, but still... Arsenal, innit. Different gravy.

true though have to add it's Arsenal. I know Everton are big and I agree with your point, but still... Arsenal, innit. Different gravy.

These years mate, we were on a par really before Wenger, I still never think of Arsenal, Chelsea or City as bigger then us - I know they are like by every objective measure, but I remember them before - that doesn’t seem so long ago, so they are still in my head space as they were.

If that makes sense, which I know it doesn’t. lol

Agree Dyche doesn't improve an attack he proved that at Burnley and that's our biggest issue. That's why the devil in me wants Bielsa even though it could be a disaster
I don’t buy this safe pair of hands thinking at all.

Every team in the league employs some form of press now, that wasn’t the case when Sam was brought in on a rescue mission, that wouldn’t work now.

The way teams play now is the reason players like Michael Keane and Harry Maguire are suddenly redundant.

It’s also the reason the game finally caught up with Dyche.

The biggest reason Burnley went down last season is their number of draws. I don’t see him being able to convert a team who can’t score by creating even less.

‘Knowing what you’re going to get’ and a ‘safe pair of hands’ are two different things.

Perhaps proponents of each manager should declare whether their priorities are entertainment (and relegation material) or survival (soporific).

Perhaps proponents of each manager should declare whether their priorities are entertainment (and relegation material) or survival (soporific).
This implies that the only way to survive is the 1990s thought process of sitting in 2 banks of 4 and try not giving up goals. but as we saw in his career dyche teams allowed 1.46 gpg and only scored .99 goals. It's 2023 and the game has moved on. There's absolutely no guarantees that Dyche style football keeps us up just like there's not with Bielsa.

The difference is one of these managers has the POTENTIAL to entirely change the culture of the club and the squad's relationship with the fan base. The other is Sean dyche.

Leeds and Burnley both finished below us last season. Bielsa and Dyche were in charge of those teams for the majority of that season. We had Benitez for the first half of the season and Lampard for the second half. Ponder that for a second. Why do 55% of people act like Bielsa is a sure thing, and 45% think Dyche is a sure thing? Very recent history tells us that both of these relegated us. Just get it over with, Everton. Pick one, buy the crap that they want and euthanise us already.

Bielsa isnt a firefighter..he needs time to be able to build a team to play the way he wants, unless they have already accepted they are going down and want to hit the ground running in the championship. I think its disrespectful to Sean Dyche when they know he is keen on the job to talk to him while waiting to see how things work out with Bielsa. Everything seems to be handled appallingly at this stage.

Leeds and Burnley both finished below us last season. Bielsa and Dyche were in charge of those teams for the majority of that season. We had Benitez for the first half of the season and Lampard for the second half. Ponder that for a second. Why do 55% of people act like Bielsa is a sure thing, and 45% think Dyche is a sure thing? Very recent history tells us that both of these relegated us. Just get it over with, Everton. Pick one, buy the crap that they want and euthanise us already.
Bielsa did take a average Championship team and brought them up and did finish above us when we had Carlo just to offer a alternative point

Status
Not open for further replies.