2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah i dunno what even the standard we are holding Brands to is supposed to be.

I remember when we were linked with all the biggest names at one point in the mid-90's. And how we were spectacularly underwhelming transfer-wise for most of the 2000's. How Moyes' style of handling transfers usually worked out well (and sometimes terribly). What an absolute embarrassment Walsh was, despite claims like these: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ry-maguire-erling-haaland-deals-a4289616.html

Sure Brands is no magician but it's clear to me you really can't buy the ability to predict the future. This DoF thing with these players is almost like hedge funds and stocks - no previous performance will be indicative of future returns, eh.

Kenwright's tenure as owner and Brands being hired as DoF are hands down the two worst thing to happen to Everton since the European ban.

No question about that.

He's a catastrophe.
Walsh and Koeman whistling innocently as they rise a tandem past that statement.

In all fairness, there's been a lot of calamities since the ban.

Ah i dunno what even the standard we are holding Brands to is supposed to be.

I remember when we were linked with all the biggest names at one point in the mid-90's. And how we were spectacularly underwhelming transfer-wise for most of the 2000's. How Moyes' style of handling transfers usually worked out well (and sometimes terribly). What an absolute embarrassment Walsh was, despite claims like these: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ry-maguire-erling-haaland-deals-a4289616.html

Sure Brands is no magician but it's clear to me you really can't buy the ability to predict the future. This DoF thing with these players is almost like hedge funds and stocks - no previous performance will be indicative of future returns, eh.

I think the three signings we (and by proxy , him) have made this window will turn out to be good ones considering one's free, on decent wages, and another is £1.7m and the other is an experienced gk.

It's been a proper mixed bag with Brands while also acknowledging he hasn't been helped by what he's had to deal with.

He was fortunate to get another deal imo but continuity is important. I still don't see any plan or structure. I don't know if that's his fault, but 3 years in it's the least we should have expected

Brands had the chance to sell Kenny to Burnley last season by all accounts but shat the bed and asked for too much money.

Anything north of £2 million snap a clubs hands off he was bang average in the SPL farmer league.
This is in my opinion what he needs to being doing more of. If the player is unwanted, jettison them off the books. He could have asked for a sell on clause or whatever. Instead we get a player who will never play, taking a wage when he could be somewhere else potentially getting game time. No one wins.

I can't see how on earth he can make money on our deadwood but he could have staunched the haemorrhaging of cash on wages a lot more than he has done. It's not ideal but getting underperformers off the books and the likes of Townsend in is probably what should have been happening since he got here.

I just don't see coherence from our buying strategy. Managers seem to change the squad when they come in and this leads to our hodgepodge squad and the owner allegedly insists on the likes of Iwobi. Very frustrating and not to Brands' credit as dof.

Grrr Everton. Grrr.

Aye, hard to find one to stand accountable alone, and i guess i feel a little frustrated with the system.

Brands is clearly very shrewd and good at what he does - to make the deal and bring in a player - but the actual targets identified surely cannot be down to him alone.

I am quite sure both Ancelotti and Benitez have been getting their desired targets in, Brands just carrying the message, like. And of course, whatever Moshiri or his lackey Ryazantsev has to say in deals like this carries some weight.

This is in my opinion what he needs to being doing more of. If the player is unwanted, jettison them off the books. He could have asked for a sell on clause or whatever. Instead we get a player who will never play, taking a wage when he could be somewhere else potentially getting game time. No one wins.

I can't see how on earth he can make money on our deadwood but he could have staunched the haemorrhaging of cash on wages a lot more than he has done. It's not ideal but getting underperformers off the books and the likes of Townsend in is probably what should have been happening since he got here.

I just don't see coherence from our buying strategy. Managers seem to change the squad when they come in and this leads to our hodgepodge squad and the owner allegedly insists on the likes of Iwobi. Very frustrating and not to Brands' credit as dof.

Grrr Everton. Grrr.
Nothing about our recruitment whether it's managers or players is coherent ,if we are to believe the managers search it might have boiled down to benitez and Martinez two ends of the playing style spectrum .both Carlo and benitez have had a massive say on the players bought but when you end up changing managers every 18 months the squad ends up lob sided and no clear playing style

YPdj85J.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.