2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL aside, our best performers are all his players. Richarlison, Digne, James, Allan. Our worst players are the players who were here when he arrived Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford, Kenny, Tosun, Davies.

Why would anyone want to reverse the process he has started of replacing the players who have left with the good ones he’s brought in? Yes there’s been some mistakes (Mina, leaving us short in areas, Delph, Bernard ) but he’s improving the quality of the squad in every window.

this

DCL aside, our best performers are all his players. Richarlison, Digne, James, Allan. Our worst players are the players who were here when he arrived Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford, Kenny, Tosun, Davies.

Why would anyone want to reverse the process he has started of replacing the players who have left with the good ones he’s brought in? Yes there’s been some mistakes (Mina, leaving us short in areas, Delph, Bernard ) but he’s improving the quality of the squad in every window.
Some decent mental gymnastics there, I’ll give you that.

Would we have signed Richarlison had Silva not been his dad?

Or James/Allan had Carlo not been here?

Its a no from me - blokes signed Digne and thats it.

My only worry if he went to United would be him bringing DCL, Digne and Richarlison with him.

Other than that, get rid of him.
DCL is absolutely nailed on to move to United for a record fee for a British player. I’ve been resigned to that for a while and it is a hill I will die on. The most United transfer ever that one

Don't see there being anything in the stories linking him to United. He hasn't exactly got a sterling record has he, a club their size won't appoint anyone to a position as powerful as DoF unless he has a history of bringing tangible success. Plus he's on the board now, he's in deep with Moshiri whether people like that or don't.

Brands has done okay here so far, would give him a 6/10 overall. One great summer window, one awful one, one decentish one (not in that order). 3 year deal initially was weird, DoFs need about 5 years before anything they implement really comes to the fore. I'd give him another 3 year deal and then we can judge him properly and fairly.

DCL is absolutely nailed on to move to United for a record fee for a British player. I’ve been resigned to that for a while and it is a hill I will die on. The most United transfer ever that one

I could definitely see United and City offering enormous money, circa £150-200mil for DCL.

The reality is though that i dont think they can at the moment.

We need to get top 4 this season to strengthen our position within the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.