2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, my point really was I guess we all knew what we were going to get with Doucoure and signing a player you know will perform to a certain standard obviously has its own appeal. What I would like to see from Brands is bringing in more players that perhaps we don’t know quite as much about but have the capacity to really kick on and improve - in the Branthwaite, Nkounkou model but further in their development.

Would you rather have started this season with a CM that can perform right now (Doucoure) or a younger talent we have no idea is any good for us (a la Kean)?

I understand, my point really was I guess we all knew what we were going to get with Doucoure and signing a player you know will perform to a certain standard obviously has its own appeal. What I would like to see from Brands is bringing in more players that perhaps we don’t know quite as much about but have the capacity to really kick on and improve - in the Branthwaite, Nkounkou model but further in their development.
You need some players for now- and the majority of the signings suggest CL is being forcibly target this season, or next at the latest. I doubt he could of got a Camavinga style signing at that juncture.

Would you rather have started this season with a CM that can perform right now (Doucoure) or a younger talent we have no idea is any good for us (a la Kean)?
Definitely an established CM given how poor we were in midfield the previous season. Don’t get me wrong I like Doucoure and think hes a good player - but I can’t believe that in world football there isn’t a player who could do his job who is younger and with a higher ceiling. Perhaps given the lack of stability we had in that area it was indeed the correct move to get in a player you knew would perform

You need some players for now- and the majority of the signings suggest CL is being forcibly target this season, or next at the latest. I doubt he could of got a Camavinga style signing at that juncture.
That’s a good point, maybe now the foundation has been laid we can expect more “hidden gems” as they’re often described from Brands

No way! Can’t be true. I thought Carlo does all the signings now, and Brands and the club have no say whatsoever on Transfers.

Or maybe, signings are a joint decision between manager and DoF, where one or the other may bring a name to the table, but both have to sign off, as has been obvious since day 1.
Carlo hadn't a clue about Ben Godfrey he said as much in a recent interview. He was pleasantly surprised I think was his words.

Losing count of how many times the majority of our bench has been teenage kids who don't have a single senior performance among them.

Each week we've barely got 13 senior players to put in the teamsheets thanks to some superb squad building.

Losing count of how many times the majority of our bench has been teenage kids who don't have a single senior performance among them.

Each week we've barely got 13 senior players to put in the teamsheets thanks to some superb squad building.

Siggy and Allan not a bad pair to come on + King. That despite Mina, James, Davies and Coleman being out.

You know we can only put 3 subs on right?

Im gutted we don't have Walcott and Tosun on the bench here.

Please show me a squad with 7 senior players out that wouldn't have a kid or two on the bench.
Why? That's not what I said.

I said with a 25 man squad of senior players if 7 of them are out injured that leaves 18. 11 in the team and 7 remaining to go on the bench to give the manager some senior players to choose from.

Why? That's not what I said.

I said with a 25 man squad of senior players if 7 of them are out injured that leaves 18. 11 in the team and 7 remaining to go on the bench to give the manager some senior players to choose from.

Yes and I said give me a squad in the PL that can have 7 senior pros out injured and still field 7 more on the bench. Not a rocket science question I'm asking.

Right, my point is with only 3 senior players on the bench, those are the only three options he has whether he wants to use them or not.

If we had loads of players to come on we'd be back where Walsh left us. It's an anomaly due to a load of players being injured (or rested?). If Ancelotti is comfortable we have to accept that. We don't want or need a load of players on the bench making trouble, we are not that kind of club that can keep them happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.