2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! GK, RB, CM for me.

Who knows what Gbamin will be like when he’s back, could reduce the need for another CM.
Also need a left and right winger and another centre forward. All need to be blessed with pace. Get rid of the deadwood like Fabian Delph, Siggy, Bernard and Gomes and we will be on our way

Also need a left and right winger and another centre forward. All need to be blessed with pace. Get rid of the deadwood like Fabian Delph, Siggy, Bernard and Gomes and we will be on our way
We need more than the three I mentioned but will be hard to do all of the business in one window. Can’t imagine us getting rid of Delph, Gylfi, Bernard, Gomes in one go- although I hope they are all shifted.

Striker could be solved with Kean, but who knows what’s going to happen with him in the summer

GK, RB, RM. We need a new right side, Coleman's best days are long behind him, Kenny's obviously on his bike and we shouldn't play CBs at fullback. Iwobi, although improved this season, isn't good enough and isn't actually a winger, a left footed right winger with pace and tenacity is required. Finally, I'm sick of our keepers chucking the ball in the net, new keeper please.

Sort it Brandso!

Fair enough on the 60 years and not playing computer games I'll take that back but you must admit there is a tendency for gross simplification of footballing finances when people are talking about potential transfers?

And it's very arguable that the figures being bandied about as money in the transfer kitty are nothing but wild speculation and a complete disregard for facts and how things actually work. Some headlines include the value of the contract, some include the agents cut, others don't.

The Rodriguez deal has been reported as a £20M deal and also a free transfer. Everton may well have shelled out quite a few million to help Madrid settle up what was still owing on Rodriguez's contract and other legalities to get the move done so while there's not a transfer fee there's still a quite a bit being spent on a "free" transfer. Rooney's transfer to MLS was reported as free and also as a £7M deal so probably the same kind of thing - a free that's not without cost.

I've not got the figures to hand but what was the actual net spend last summer? Given how deals are structured and that reported fees aren't actually an accurate reflection of money in and out at any one point then I'm not sure it's a simple matter of spending being a simple per window thing. FFP runs over a rolling 3 year average I think so I'd imagine there's quite a bit of shifting payment terms to later years in order to keep on course in the meantime.

And Moshiri reducing his stake in USM doesn't indicate Usmanov's chucking £100M in the pot and there's this £30M of drips and drabs coming in. There could be any number of reasons for it.

Brands said spend was about £65mil last summer.

As for Moshiri reducing his stake in USM, im not sure why he would do so unless USM were investing in Everton.

It seems pretty clear to me as the revenues they will be generating with their stock investments are going to be extremely lucrative...

Ancelotti didn't want Doucoure. Brands convinced him. Ancelotti very thankful.

No way! Can’t be true. I thought Carlo does all the signings now, and Brands and the club have no say whatsoever on Transfers.

Or maybe, signings are a joint decision between manager and DoF, where one or the other may bring a name to the table, but both have to sign off, as has been obvious since day 1.

Ancelotti didn't want Doucoure. Brands convinced him. Ancelotti very thankful.

I’m glad we got Doucoure in, but this isn’t really a ringing endorsement of Brands. I think we could have got in a younger player who could offer us what Doucoure offers us at a lower price and with a much higher ceiling

That's a lot of ifs and buts with no evidence to back it up.
I understand, my point really was I guess we all knew what we were going to get with Doucoure and signing a player you know will perform to a certain standard obviously has its own appeal. What I would like to see from Brands is bringing in more players that perhaps we don’t know quite as much about but have the capacity to really kick on and improve - in the Branthwaite, Nkounkou model but further in their development.

Status
Not open for further replies.