2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all slowly falling into place with Marcel Brands. The summer transfer market will be key, and probably one of the most important ones in a long time that the club needs to get right.

...unless I’ve missed something, my understanding is Brand’s contract expires ahead of the summer window.

I don't know if this is a bad or good thing

It's neutral if we don't endure loads of injuries. If we do, it could easily cost us Europe that window. Those players aren't great but they're generally better than the kids in the reserves.

It's only a positive if we get away with it and it enables big money spending in the summer. We'll see. My gut instinct is we've blown our best chance to push on after the start we had this season.

It's neutral if we don't endure loads of injuries. If we do, it could easily cost us Europe that window. Those players aren't great but they're generally better than the kids in the reserves.

It's only a positive if we get away with it and it enables big money spending in the summer. We'll see. My gut instinct is we've blown our best chance to push on after the start we had this season.

They're really, really not.

They offer nothing and we won't even notice they're gone injuries or no injuries.

I’m not usually particularly critical of him as I think the business he does is usually good however I would like to know why it’s taken us until the final hours of the January window to sign Josh King who was seemingly there to sign in the summer. We all knew Tosun wasn’t good enough and would never play himself into a permanent move so why didn’t we simply get King in earlier?

The business with the 6 month deal with an extension is as ever very good but Brands has a horrible habit of leaving us short

Short version on why we waited - because it was him or Godfrey. We had the choice between a Band-Aid or long-term investment in the squad.

I think Brands and Ancelotti made the right decision, and it says good things for the future. We all want to succeed this season, but laying the groundwork for sustained success is the most important thing right now.

Really interesting piece, Brands not being given enough credit for this. The haters will not acknowledge it either
Not commenting on the content but it's really not an interesting piece. It reads like the work experience kid has written it and has absolutely no insight at all into how or why things have happened. There's dozens of posts a day about the same thing on here that are a more interesting read than that. The Echo is unbelievably bad now.

He did well again (though he had us all worried for a few days!) Top and bottom of it is he shipped out more of our dirge and brought in the back-up attacking player we so badly needed. Regardless if you rate King or not, surely everyone can agree he's an upgrade on Tosun, and on a 6 month deal it's completely no risk?

It's for the best that Bernard sticks around until the summer too. Obviously we can find suitors for him, but it has to be on our terms. If the Saudi outfit messed around then it was correct to pull the plug.

Not commenting on the content but it's really not an interesting piece. It reads like the work experience kid has written it and has absolutely no insight at all into how or why things have happened. There's dozens of posts a day about the same thing on here that are a more interesting read than that. The Echo is unbelievably bad now.

Yeh, I was actually referring to the content about the work he has done, not the content by the writer if that makes sense.
We were all clamouring for big signing, but they needed to make room for them and, by enlarge, did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.