2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even those on loan though who might be back in the summer, apart from Branthwaite Simms and Gordon, I’d be amazed if the rest weren’t either sold or just loaned out again. They’re not going to play for us. If Tosun hadn’t have been injured last season he wouldn’t have been here this season.

You never know mate, reckon Kenny will do enough to get his move away, was being valued at 8 mil which was too much for a lot of clubs, we’ll probs see him go for 5 or less. Pennington and Beni are likely to hang about unless they really impress.

Tosun is a crap one, it’s an awful waste of money but he’ll defo at least get one more loan.

guessing around;
In
Josh King - £80k/W

Out
Yannick Bolasie - £68k/W
Matthew Pennington - £18k/W
Jarrad Branthwaite - £7k/W
Ellis Simms -£5k/W
Cenk Tosun - £70k/w
Jonas Lossl - £55k/W
Jonjoe Kenny - £22k/W
Beni Baningime - £12k/W
Anthony Gordon -£15k/W

maybe £272k saved of set by £80k, netting out at £192k / W saved.....

guessing around;
In
Josh King - £80k/W

Out
Yannick Bolasie - £68k/W
Ellis Simms -£5k/W
Cenk Tosun - £70k/w
Jonas Lossl - £55k/W
Jonjoe Kenny - £22k/W
Beni Baningime - £12k/W
Anthony Gordon -£15k/W

Lossl 55k..?

guessing around;
In
Josh King - £80k/W

Out
Yannick Bolasie - £68k/W
Ellis Simms -£5k/W
Cenk Tosun - £70k/w
Jonas Lossl - £55k/W
Jonjoe Kenny - £22k/W
Beni Baningime - £12k/W
Anthony Gordon -£15k/W

You've plucked some numbers out there!

I think he'd be lucky to be on half of that, King.

He sold no one, subsididing a lot of loans and signed the guy we were after in Oct at the last minute. He should be known as the illusionist, not the architect, for some of our more gullible fans

He sold no one, subsididing a lot of loans and signed the guy we were after in Oct at the last minute. He should be known as the illusionist, not the architect, for some of our more gullible fans
We were 1 of few clubs that actually did some business in this window.

Yeah I know people think its dead easy to get somebody to buy Tosun for 27m and pay him 70k a week, but there arent many clubs like us.

Hes got useless players out earning us money at other clubs, hes got some youngsters out playing proper footy every week and he got us in a "decent" attacking option on a short term deal, so yeah, maybe the illusionist is a far name.

I don't know about you, but I'm gutted we didn't pay 18m for Josh King in October, feels bad that we ended up with him for free instead.

Not commenting on the content but it's really not an interesting piece. It reads like the work experience kid has written it and has absolutely no insight at all into how or why things have happened. There's dozens of posts a day about the same thing on here that are a more interesting read than that. The Echo is unbelievably bad now.

This will sound bad, but I actually enjoy reading Pearce on Liverpool. Yes hes a hack who's up their owners backside, but he writes well, is thoughtful and you can garner a lot from what he does, and doesnt say. Good old fashioned journalism.

I can understand what they are thinking re Davies and Kabak, what the strengths are and the limitations.

I'd like to see similar minded stuff on us. Theres no shortage of interesting questions about currently to be discussed.

We were 1 of few clubs that actually did some business in this window.

Yeah I know people think its dead easy to get somebody to buy Tosun for 27m and pay him 70k a week, but there arent many clubs like us.

Hes got useless players out earning us money at other clubs, hes got some youngsters out playing proper footy every week and he got us in a "decent" attacking option on a short term deal, so yeah, maybe the illusionist is a far name.

I don't know about you, but I'm gutted we didn't pay 18m for Josh King in October, feels bad that we ended up with him for free instead.

I mean no one suggested getting such a sum for Tosun but ok, absolutely nothing is ridiculous.
I would be gutted losing out on Europe for the sake of 10 to 15m

Status
Not open for further replies.