2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brewster came through at Everton we'd never see anything close to £20m for him. Probably the wrong thread but they get extremely good money for their dross and we can't give ours away for nothing. There has to be a reason.

I'm not saying for a moment that we should be able to flog players like Kenny for £20m, but surely there has to be some middle ground between selling them for premiums like Liverpool do and loaning players out for about 3 seasons and let their contracts run down which seems to be our go-to method at the moment - all whilst subsidising about 50% of their wages.

Just because we wouldn't spend £8m on someone like Kenny, I don't think you can extrapolate that to the rest of the footballing world and declare that he is unsellable. Although it doesn't feel like it just a few days after being ran ragged by one of the worst teams in the league, but there a far worse teams out there than us where Kenny would probably fare quite well.
All to do with perspective, a player who can’t get in a RS team that finish top 4 every season is going to be better then a player who can’t get in an Everton team that finish 8/8/12 in the last 3 years. Weather they are or not is a different story

We’re seriously overrating players if people think we were getting a big fee for Kenny. He’s terrible. Why would anyone want him? He has no pace whatsoever. Any club could find a right back in their academy equal if not better than him so why would they go out and spend money on Kenny? He ha no redeeming features whatsoever.

Burnley wanted him we just couldn't agree a fee. So by your logic, it seems we're asking too much for him?

We are probably going to have 12 players out on loan. 5 of these are out of contract so will be gone. Ultimately Brands still needs to get the other 7 off our books in the summer. The squad is about the size he wanted.

We are probably going to have 12 players out on loan. 5 of these are out of contract so will be gone. Ultimately Brands still needs to get the other 7 off our books in the summer. The squad is about the size he wanted.

It’s sound having a squad the size he wants it but it’s pointless if all you have in it is goalkeepers and defensive minded players. That bench at the weekend was horrendous it will be even worse come Leeds game. How any club could be aiming for a Europa league place at minimum with a squad like ours is beyond me.

All to do with perspective, a player who can’t get in a RS team that finish top 4 every season is going to be better then a player who can’t get in an Everton team that finish 8/8/12 in the last 3 years. Weather they are or not is a different story
Probably right mate. However I think I could be persuaded quite easily that there is something far more sinister at work in how they got more than £60m for the Ibe, Solanke and Brewster trifecta of trash.

Unbalanced

It’s sound having a squad the size he wants it but it’s pointless if all you have in it is goalkeepers and defensive minded players. That bench at the weekend was horrendous it will be even worse come Leeds game. How any club could be aiming for a Europa league place at minimum with a squad like ours is beyond me.

I agree its unbalanced but hopefully we get 2 more forwards in either today or the summer window. Hopefully what it will mean is we can start the summer on the front foot. The bench we could potentially have against Leeds is the things nightmares are made of but in my view he has generally done a good job considering where he found us from Walsh.

Hes just in his walk in wardrobe and deliberating what strange Hugo Boss jumper he wants to wear today or should he go for a turtle neck as he thought Rio Ferdinands looked quite smart on BT sports a few days ago.

Decisions decisions decisions for Marcel.

Burnley wanted him we just couldn't agree a fee. So by your logic, it seems we're asking too much for him?

Maybe we did ask too much. We could maybe get a couple of mill and pitch him as cheap cover for a lower prem team or championship team. For the rumoured price of 8 mill though clubs will want a first choice right back and the sort of clubs Kenny would be first choice at probably can’t afford that sort of money. There’ll be a number we need to hit to make a book profit on him given what he has left on his contract. Given he was an academy player the fact no one has hit what would have been a very low figure suggests we’re loaning him out so that in the summer whatever low figure is being offered will now be higher than the value on his contract and we’ll get a small return.

Maybe we did ask too much. We could maybe get a couple of mill and pitch him as cheap cover for a lower prem team or championship team. For the rumoured price of 8 mill though clubs will want a first choice right back and the sort of clubs Kenny would be first choice at probably can’t afford that sort of money. There’ll be a number we need to hit to make a book profit on him given what he has left on his contract. Given he was an academy player the fact no one has hit what would have been a very low figure suggests we’re loaning him out so that in the summer whatever low figure is being offered will now be higher than the value on his contract and we’ll get a small return.

you'd have thought but I can't imagine Kenny is on more than £30k a week maximum and even that seems high.

If he goes to Celtic we might get a nominal (fee hundred K) loan fee and and they cover his wages for the rest of the season - again, probably can't see that being more than £750k in terms of salary.

He will only have 12 months left on his deal when he comes back.

It's our job to get fees for players, not just keep loaning them out. He's never going to be a regular here and that was known last summer.

£5m or so now would surely have been doable and would surely have helped us?

I agree its unbalanced but hopefully we get 2 more forwards in either today or the summer window. Hopefully what it will mean is we can start the summer on the front foot. The bench we could potentially have against Leeds is the things nightmares are made of but in my view he has generally done a good job considering where he found us from Walsh.

Summer window does not help for the 19 (19!) league games we have left this season, plus the cup match.

Status
Not open for further replies.