2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all still a legacy of the Koeman/Walsh mess let's not forget. We are looking ultimately at Pickford, Coleman, Keane, and Sigurdsson being the only regular survivors of that era and this is barely a year on from Silva taking the job.

I must say I'm baffled by the failure to address CB though - we surely could have got cover in on loan. Good enough is better. We can't achieve perfect scouting each time so on occasion you have to settle and then re-assess.

Other than that the other clear lesson to be learned this summer is that attempting to prise star players away from other PL clubs is for us at least, a fools errand. If there is significant amounts of money left unspent following the failed pursuits of Zaha and Doucouré then I can't accept that good use could not have been found for that money for European-based players.

If there is significant amounts of money left unspent following the failed pursuits of Zaha and Doucouré then I can't accept that good use could not have been found for that money for European-based players.

I said as much when the first rumours of a Zaha pursuit surfaced. If we have that amount of money available, after this summers business, (which seems pretty good and prudent), there are better and more important options required than Zaha. Good player, obvs, but, but way over priced, understandably, cos he is vital to Palace.

One half says hes a magical man, endowed with near mystical powers of perception, wisdom, confidence, and persuasion. The other half says that hes more than that.

we could get lucky , like the RS did last year and hardly have an injury … but if we do get a knock or two we literally wont be able to cope

its soooo frustrating … as we seemed to have the cash to get us some players in, but chased ungettable ones all window.
RS now struggling round for back up goalie.Shame.

This is all still a legacy of the Koeman/Walsh mess let's not forget. We are looking ultimately at Pickford, Coleman, Keane, and Sigurdsson being the only regular survivors of that era and this is barely a year on from Silva taking the job.

I must say I'm baffled by the failure to address CB though - we surely could have got cover in on loan. Good enough is better. We can't achieve perfect scouting each time so on occasion you have to settle and then re-assess.

Other than that the other clear lesson to be learned this summer is that attempting to prise star players away from other PL clubs is for us at least, a fools errand. If there is significant amounts of money left unspent following the failed pursuits of Zaha and Doucouré then I can't accept that good use could not have been found for that money for European-based players.

I said too much time wasted chasing Zouma, and Zaha which could have been used better.

Status
Not open for further replies.