2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still cannot understand how the hell he didn’t manage to get a cb in! Very poor from Brands.

You draw up a list. If it includes Zouma, lock in a cut off date where you move on.

Chelsea are competition and have it in their interest to drag it out. So risky if we get an injury in that department.

whos our centre back pairing if kenne AND Mina get knocks ??

last season we were constantly rotating , kenae , zouma and Mina PLUS we made use of jags a few times... we always seemed to have at least ONE CB injured during the season..

No CB, a youngster leading the line, Iwobi as RW, a speculative punt on the Gueye replacement, a crock from Man City.

All in all, you have to wonder WTF Brands has been doing since September last year if that's all he could come up.

No CB is a disaster for sure. The probability of Mina and Keane being available every match this season is zero.

The only positive is that Holgate has a lot of potential and if he hits the next level we’ve hit the lottery.

It’s not by design though either way, neither Marco or Marcel wanted this to be the outcome. I’m personally happy that their plan of Rojo didn’t come off as he’d be a huge waste of money. Marcel’s first major failing in my eyes.

Youngsters (DCL and Kean) leading the line isn’t all that bad. We’d have really struggled to bring in someone better unless we spent £30m and £150k pw on Dzeko and even then he’s on his last legs and it’s a much tougher league than Serie A. As a club we must focus on buying up talented youngsters and Kean was a huge coup.

Iwobi at £28m is great value. He’s homegrown, played 50+ games for Arsenal last season who got to the Europa final and marginally missed out on top 4. He’s no Zaha (yet) but he’s talented.

It’s too early to tell on Gbamin but I think Delph could easily play that role if needed and probably as well as Gana did. Delph, if he can stay fit, will prove to be a very good midfielder for us.

I think the CB situation is worthy of criticism but apart from that our squad is in great shape with long term options in almost every position.

No CB is a disaster for sure. The probability of Mina and Keane being available every match this season is zero.

The only positive is that Holgate has a lot of potential and if he hits the next level we’ve hit the lottery.

It’s not by design though either way, neither Marco or Marcel wanted this to be the outcome. I’m personally happy that their plan of Rojo didn’t come off as he’d be a huge waste of money. Marcel’s first major failing in my eyes.

Youngsters (DCL and Kean) leading the line isn’t all that bad. We’d have really struggled to bring in someone better unless we spent £30m and £150k pw on Dzeko and even then he’s on his last legs and it’s a much tougher league than Serie A. As a club we must focus on buying up talented youngsters and Kean was a huge coup.

Iwobi at £28m is great value. He’s homegrown, played 50+ games for Arsenal last season who got to the Europa final and marginally missed out on top 4. He’s no Zaha (yet) but he’s talented.

It’s too early to tell on Gbamin but I think Delph could easily play that role if needed and probably as well as Gana did. Delph, if he can stay fit, will prove to be a very good midfielder for us.

I think the CB situation is worthy of criticism but apart from that our squad is in great shape with long term options in almost every position.

as I see it, if we are forced to use Gbamin at CB , then who plays the DM role ??? if Gomes gets a knock, he seems very susceptible to them too, then what is our midfield 2 pairing ???

its weak all over to say the least

as I see it, if we are forced to use Gbamin at CB , then who plays the DM role ??? if Gomes gets a knock, he seems very susceptible to them too, then what is our midfield 2 pairing ???

its weak all over to say the least

Of course there’s a chance we could be really unlucky and have 2 players out in both CM and CB, but it’s unlikely.

There’s no doubt we need to bring another player or two in during the January window.

Of course there’s a chance we could be really unlucky and have 2 players out in both CM and CB, but it’s unlikely.

There’s no doubt we need to bring another player or two in during the January window.

i just don't understand how we leave ourselves short , if we were chucking out bids of 80m and 40m for Zaha and doucoure ...

we should of been going after gettable players , in more important positions.

we should of had a back up for the doucoure position.... yet again we are left a little bit in limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.