2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were literally banging the drum to sign Sidibe yesterday and only found out he downed tools because I told @Eggs it yesterday you mutant.

For £12 million I would take him as a squad player but certainly not as guaranteed first choice - my point is valid that as DOF he's signed a few players with questionable mentalities when he bangs the drum of signing players with "the right personality".

Literally only Richarlison and to an extent Digne have what I would consider the right mentality.

Yeh, we have two, Gomes and Gbamin.

Gomes good player but not hugely athletic.

Gbamin I dunno at all yet. Looking forward to seeing him play and I hope you're right.

We need people who want the ball. It sounds daft, but our two midfielders today were terrified to be in possession against a youth side.

For £12 million I would take him as a squad player but certainly not as guaranteed first choice - my point is valid that as DOF he's signed a few players with questionable mentalities when he bangs the drum of signing players with "the right personality".

Literally only Richarlison and to an extent Digne have what I would consider the right mentality.

Why is signing a player with a bad mentality, whether starter or sub (as you can see many subs play many minutes for Everton) an, uhm, ‘no brainer’ as you put it yesterday?

Gomes good player but not hugely athletic.

Gbamin I dunno at all yet. Looking forward to seeing him play and I hope you're right.

We need people who want the ball. It sounds daft, but our two midfielders today were terrified to be in possession against a youth side.

Agree Gomes isn’t athletic but he can certainly carry the ball and beat opponents. I think they’ll compliment each other well.

Played twice together: 4 points, 2 clean sheets. Small sample size but one that at least is positive.

I didn't think it was that bad, certainly no worse than the way Silva's sides play were i can't even see a formation.
It was simply failure to take chances added to slow, non-creatives like Siggy and most of all that berk City offloaded. Walcott created in the first half, but once LFC Juniors woke up, he was (expletive) abysmal as ever. Gomez is not going to change that alone. Brands has failed to clear the garbage and replace with quality. We got Ritchie because of Silva, Gomez and Digne OK but I think Brands SHOULD be as fragile in his employment as Silva was in his last few weeks.

I don't mind the idea of Marcel Brands being the DoF if it frees up the manager to focus on the players, training, tactics, and transfer targets, etc. If Ancelotti identifies a player he wants then says to Brands: "This is who I want, go and sort it out". Then that's fine. But to be honest, I'm a little bit at a loss and not sure if that's how things work with a DoF :blush:

What I would say going forward, is that Ancelotti needs to have final say on transfers. Not Brands.

We can have two different people signing their own players. That's a shambolic system doomed to failure as we've so clearly shown.

I don't mind the idea of Marcel Brands being the DoF if it frees up the manager to focus on the players, training, tactics, and transfer targets, etc. If Ancelotti identifies a player he wants then says to Brands: "This is who I want, go and sort it out". Then that's fine. But to be honest, I'm a little bit at a loss and not sure if that's how things work with a DoF :blush:

In my opinion this is how it would work successfully:

Ancelotti: Marcel, I need a new right back. I’d like him to have these characteristics, this sort of profile etc. Here are a few names I quite like.

Brands: Okay, I agree this squad needs a right back, I will set up the scouts on these players and some more I identify with similar profiles.

Brands: Okay here are the scouting reports and videos etc. on the players you liked and some I liked. Let’s sit down together and pick our most desirable out and then we’ll see if they’re available and attainable. If not, we move down the list.

Ancelotti: Okay pal, cheers kid.

I might be in dream land of course but in my head that’s the symbiotic relationship a DOF and manager needs for a transfer to be successful.

In my opinion this is how it would work successfully:

Ancelotti: Marcel, I need a new right back. I’d like him to have these characteristics, this sort of profile etc. Here are a few names I quite like.

Brands: Okay, I agree this squad needs a right back, I will set up the scouts on these players and some more I identify with similar profiles.

Brands: Okay here are the scouting reports and videos etc. on the players you liked and some I liked. Let’s sit down together and pick our most desirable out and then we’ll see if they’re available and attainable. If not, we move down the list.

Ancelotti: Okay pal, cheers kid.

I might be in dream land of course but in my head that’s the symbiotic relationship a DOF and manager needs for a transfer to be successful.
I agree that that is how it should work in a marraige of equals ( Monchi and Emery for instance ) .....BUT ....if you have Carlo Ancelotti as your manger then you MUST defer to him on all football related issues.

He should tell Brands who he wants.

Brands negotiates assess if he can get them in the budget set by the club.

If he can he signs them. If he can't he reports back to Carlo

I agree that that is how it should work in a marraige of equals ( Monchi and Emery for instance ) .....BUT ....if you have Carlo Ancelotti as your manger then you MUST defer to him on all football related issues.

He should tell Brands who he wants.

Brands negotiates assess if he can get them in the budget set by the club.

If he can he signs them. If he can't he reports back to Carlo

How is that any different to what I wrote?

Status
Not open for further replies.