2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people now accept that the players he has signed have largely been average and not good enough.

He needs to be given a list by Ancelotti and to go out and recruit them. He should not be allowed to scout his own recruits because hes shown to be lacking and more importantly, the manager needs the players he wants, not who Brands wants.

The man has done nothing yet to turn us around.

May as well sack him if this is the route you want to go down.

It’s time to stop bringing players in from Barca and Man City and the elite clubs like that, they’re failures. They might give you 7/10 performances fairly consistently throughout the season but the second it’s crunch time they wilt. That’s why they’re at Everton. We saw it with the United rejects and we’re seeing it now with players with x amount of champions league games pissing their pants because they’re shooting towards a certain friggin stand.

Get a decent scouting network in place and let’s find the next Lukaku’s, the next Richarlison’s, the next Maddison's and young players who are up for it, are going to progress and make us a load of cash when they’re bought off us. Moise Kean was a good start let’s get some more.
Not too many at once or we get relegated.

May as well sack him if this is the route you want to go down.

I just dont see how we can appoint Ancelotti and then not give him the players he wants.

I dont dislike the DOF model, but it hasn't worked yet. We cannot have this shambles of DOF and manager continuing to sign their own players with completely different attributes and skills. We have no balance whatsoever.

Our recruitment is a mess. I dont think we can carry on like normal. Its needs an overhaul.

I just dont see how we can appoint Ancelotti and then not give him the players he wants.

I dont dislike the DOF model, but it hasn't worked yet. We cannot have this shambles of DOF and manager continuing to sign their own players with completely different attributes and skills. We have no balance whatsoever.

Our recruitment is a mess. I dont think we can carry on like normal. Its needs an overhaul.

Where did I say this wouldn't happen?

You didn't. But the only ways he gets his players is he gives the names to Brands rather than the other way round.

We cant have two people pulling in opposite directions and expect things to work out well.

Brands doesn’t give players to Ancelotti without his approval. Brands has said from the beginning transfers are agreed upon by manager and DOF. I’m not sure why you’re ignoring that.

He should have been ready to go to business at 00:01am on the 1st.

The rs had a player signed, sealed and training before the window opened waiting for the moment they could register him as a player. I can't believe that we didn't think we would be might need to get anyone in pronto.

Unless Ancelotti has gave a list of what he wants that contradicts what was on the transfer target list, then we should have had a few in asap. The Zouma and Zaha debacles of the last window should have stuck out like a sore thumb in the last transfer window. Get them in and get them in sooner rather than later.

What are the odds for no incomings?

Brands doesn’t give players to Ancelotti without his approval. Brands has said from the beginning transfers are agreed upon by manager and DOF. I’m not sure why you’re ignoring that.

The evidence suggests a huge lack of collaborative thinking because there has been no blend to the players we've brought in.

It has to change or we'll keep getting worse.

There's no record of success since his appointment. Why can't we just leave it to the manager to decide which players he wants?

Because that method is archaic, every top club has a DoF/Sporting Director these days, the problem is we jumped too early giving someone inexperienced the role instead of waiting a year or two for the right person

Bernard - no end product
Iwobi - nothing else needs to be said
Mina - a CB who cant keep pace with attackers
Delph - a fake hardman never out of the treatment room
Gbamin - a no mark from a no mark league
Kean - utterly hopeless, a striker that never strikes
Gomes - decent, but not a consistent performer
Richarlison - decent but inconsistent (a Silva player at Watford and almost certainly not down to Brands in any case)

Digne - the only class player he's bought

It is a pitiful haul of inadequacy. £250M for THAT.

Can there really be anyone making a case for Brands' purchases, much less retaining him?

Status
Not open for further replies.